Skip to main content

Own Them, RJ, Own Them!

The hols are here! Which means... Mug. Aww man.

Besides studies a lot of things are happening... My bros are going away for one week from 7-14 June, and my house will be undergoing renovations for about 3 weeks somewhere near that time period. Not forgetting my NS checkup on 8 June, YE retreat on 2-3 June and Pirates on 30-31 May. Seems like its still gonna be quite a busy holiday.

And if theres one thing I've learnt to appreciate over the past weeks, this'll be the second most important one: its better to be busy than idle.

***

Soccer

Champs League final!

Overall it was a really keyed down affair. Not much hype surrounding it unlike 2 years ago. I think its cos people believe that such a rare occurence would never repeat itself. Going down 3-0 then coming back to tie and to win it on penalties. It is near impossible, and people are convinced that it'll never happen again. So that probably explains the lack of hype surrounding the match.

Eventually:

AC Milan 2 Liverpool 1

AC are champions! Oddly, 3 out of 4 teams in the semifinals were English teams, yet the Italian team won the champions league title. Funny.

***

S03H

Wednesday was a bomb awesome day. Yeah it was GP common test, but it was what happened after that made the day a really sweet one.

There were 3 match supports in total, one to Tennis guys and gals finals, one to Netball finals, and the last to Rugby finals. Went for the Netball finals to support Amanda, Carol and Candera. Haha but only Amanda got to play.


Netball Finals! 3rd Quarter I believe.

RJ led almost all the way, except for one point where we were trailing by... One point. That was the closest HC came to beating us in the second quarter, but besides that, it was all RJ! Theres no denying that HC did an awesome job. I believe their shooters had an almost perfect record, and their passing was super good. But RJ overcame it so kudos to both teams for playing their hearts out!

There was a bus to Home Team NS Academy so Plan, Leonard, Mie, Lawry, Charissa (I think Mam, Jheeva, Vivek and Kaswin as well. Tell me if I left anyone out.) took RJ charter buses to go support Rugby final!


In the bus outside Toa Payoh Stadium.

The atmosphere was really great! All the stands were full, and everyone was cheering like crazy. Even though the match hadn't even started yet. Soon... The battle for first started! Nazi, Kenny! Go guys you can do it!


The lineup... AC on the left, RJ on the right.

ACS scored from a penalty first, with RJ coming back by scoring a try and failing to convert the resulting spotkick. ACS made the score 10-5 by scoring a try and converting. In the dying minutes, RJ scored another try, sending the game into overtime with a score of 10-10. The crowd was getting anxious. A penalty was awarded for ACS... They missed... A few minutes later, a penalty was awarded for RJ... We scored! With a margin of 13-10, we won Rugby!


Prize Giving Ceremony. RJC ~ Rugby A Div Champions!

Woo it was a really exciting experience. That day, RJ won a quadruple gold with victories in netball, rugby and both tennis finals. And the day after, RJ won another quadruple gold with victories in hockey, soccer and both badminton finals.


Auspicium Melioris Aevi! With God to guide the way.

Congratulations to all sports teams, you guys did very well. We're all very proud of you guys.

***
Guitar

Aww man! Friday was farewell, and it was the very last time I'd see most my fellow J2 RJGE members. It was good... Yeah I was sad, but at the same time, I was glad that I could see most of them one last time. What more can I say?

Pics


Kovan, holding his head haha. The amp provided us with good music, some really funny I must add. I respect Kovan, cos of his conviction not to play cards until it was beyond 5pm.

Linky, the new chairman of RJGE. Dealing the cards which Kovan refused to play.


Stuff I got... Thanks everyone. Thank you God for giving me this awesome CCA. Its been a privilege to play for You. God bless all you people in RJGE!

***

Next post: Spiritual Renewal ~ GDOP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me