Skip to main content

Anyone Game For A HOTA Tournament?

For me getting a totally empty weekend is such a rarity... So I'd better use it wisely. So far my to do list has got 7 items waiting to be done so after this post I'm gonna start on them.

***

Soccer

Man U lost 3-0 to AC Milan, ultimately losing 5-3 on aggregate. Didn't watch the match, but judging by the response of all the Man U fans out there it was a very dismal performance by Man U. The constant loss of possession was horrible, and it seemed that Man U got out-muscled.

Champs League Final: AC Milan vs Liverpool.

Last week's EPL games:

Chelsea 2 Bolton 2
Everton 2 Man U 4
Blackburn 4 Charlton 1
Man City 0 Aston Villa 2
Middlesbrough 2 Tottenham 3
Portsmouth 2 Liverpool 1
Sheffield 1 Watford 0
Wigan 0 West Ham 3
Arsenal 3 Fulham 1
Reading 1 Newcastle 0

***

Guitar

Exco selections just ended a few days ago... And after the voting the old exco met immediately to select a new exco. The process was quite effecient. The first consideration was the votes, second consideration was the exco, and last consideration was with the teachers. Thankfully a lot of the things were settled by a vote, so we didn't have to intervene much with our veto power. In other words, the election was fair and democratic, decided by the people.

So heres the new exco:
Chairperson - Ling Xiang
V.Chairperson - Zhong Ning
Secretary - Daphne
Treasurer - Yeng Yie
Music Director - Pueh Leng
A.Music Director - Li Ying
Quartermaster - Taufiq
Section Leaders - Ari, Yichen, Heng Zhong, Berny


From left to right: Yichen, Taufiq, Heng Zhong, Ari, Berny, Li Ying, Pueh Leng, Zhong Ning, Yeng Yie and finally Ling Xiang! (Hmm I always take blurry pics.)

Very pleased with the new exco. I think they'll do an excellent job, much better than us. Gogogo RJGE exco 2007-2008! Don't repeat our mistakes, but instead emulate our successes...

***

S03H

Seen any pink posters around school? If you haven't... You'll see lots of them on Monday. Its part of the Human Organ Transplant Act CIP my class is doing for this year. Just to raise awareness of the details of HOTA in RJC. HOTA is an OPT-OUT programme which states that at death, your organs (liver, kidney, cornea and heart) will be donated to people who are in need of them for transplants. So everyone in Singapore except for a few religious groups ARE included in the programme.

Went around putting up the posters on friday afternoon, and I do hope people take notice of them. I'll probably be manning the booth sometime soon... So do look out for the HOTA booth in the canteen coming soon.

For more info on HOTA, go to Ben Zheng's blog: http://www.benz.vze.com/ and look at the Saturday, 28th April post.

***

Family

The entire Labour Day holiday was spent out with my extended family. We went to quite a few places around Singapore just for fun. Our first stop: West Coast Park!


Entrance of WCP.


My dad and my cousin Tim! My dad's trying to act cute haha.


Some pretty good graffiti. Seems like the beach is currently undergoing reconstruction so we only went around the park. Singapore, the garden city!


An example of bad graffiti. Nice try at doing a smily though.

Beautiful flowers! Hmmm Mel may be interested about this one... Lets make it a quiz shall we? These are the flowers of what tree?

We went on to our second stop, Labrador Park! First time going there haha.

The mouth of the Singapore River if I'm not wrong... Someone enlighten me?

A large ship. Forgot its name though.

My aunt pushing my bro who's carrying my cousin. Don't worry bout my bro, he's just using my grandfather's wheelchair. He's not injured or anything haha.

Third stop... Onto Redhill where we had lunch at a restaurant.

Yup thats the name of the restaurant. "Natural".

A random cat stretching itself on the pavement outside the restaurant.

To the fourth and final stop... Clementi! (Near Paul's house I believe.)

This place is pretty famous... Daily Scoop, a local ice cream store that makes its own flavours. Its really quite healthy. Those living around the area should go try.


A double scoop of Simple Vanilla and Cookie Monster. The vanilla tastes different from normal vanilla. Its much lighter, less sweeter, yet has a very nice aftertaste. The chocolate ice cream has bits of oreo cookies in them, yet isn't that sweet. Impressive!

That sums up the day!

***

To end off... I'd like to thank Rachel. Cos she's been a really good source of affirmation. I'm glad we both see things the same way, and we both have the same burden for YE. And now it feels like I'm not alone.

Well we're trying to work something out to help the youths with their spiritual progress, and I hope it'll work out. Hmm those in YE who are the same age as both of us please talk to me online if you see me. I think I'm gonna show you some plans we've come up with.

God, I pray that I may be a vessel for you, and be bold enough to say what I think needs to be said. And I hope that my fellow youths in Christ will see what I see and affirm me as well. We commit this mini project up to you, and hope that it'll be used for your purpose and glory! Thank you God for affirming me and telling me the path I've chosen is right. I will push on and do what I can to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me