Skip to main content

Soul...

Hey everyone... Start of actual school again after that long break. Of course, no sane person is extremely happy being back in school after that long hiatus. But look at the bright side... You get to see all your nice friends for five days in a row... Ain't that good? Haha....

***

Spent most of my after school time waiting for Eden-Sol's meeting at 4pm. Stayed in the canteen talking with mostly Karthik, played a mind-bending round of chess with Sam, and did a bit of my pw reflections since Christine and Lawrence were doing theirs.

The highlight of the day was Eden-Sol's meeting in the AVT. Though we ended up not jamming cos the equipment was too much of a hassle shifting up and down, we had a pretty fun time discussing our next gig for the RJ people. As usual, Sam, Gab, Guoren and Choon Wing were really fun to be with... The usual "Rock" jokes were there, and "MT" jokes and band jokes as well. And of course the usual friendly suanning... (For some reason I'm never the victim or the perpetrator lol)

We discussed our next gig, which was either gonna be National Day week (In RJ for National Day celebrations) or November before hols. Quite excited about that one... We'll be playing in a cafe, and we'll each have 20 exclusive invites to give to you nice people out there. It'll be a night of fun, food and good music... Good for OG/Class outing don't you think? Watch out for that... Want an invite? All ya have to do is ask nicely! =)

***

Monday was PW and RJGE Publicity Comm Day. Went all the way to Potong Pasir again to meet Chris Tang and Yee Ying to discuss interview/survey questions. Went to Yee Ying's house to print the interview letter... Her house was pretty nice and cooling. And it was quite a nice place to sit and enjoy the breeze.

After that, went all the way to RGS with Yee Ying since I had a gazillion hours to spend before the outing to give the interview letter to Mrs Deborah Tan, the RG principal. The RG principal wasn't as scary as I thought lol. In fact she was quite the opposite. Kinda looking forward to the interview with her.

Got a glimpse at the RG Yearbook... Saw all my dear friends... Pri school mates, those in S03H, guitar, rock and of course X'PEIA.

Went to PS after that... Thanks Yee Ying for eating lunch with me though she wasn't supposed to be gone from home that long. After that still had 1 hour to wait for yzyz, qq, sherine and hyqel to come for movie outing.

***

Soon Hyqel came, and then yzyz, then sherine... qq was late lol. Hyqel and yzyz went to get tickets at the Cathay first... And uh I had to try to lead sherine and qq to the Cathay. There was a bit of problem though. I didn't know where it was haha.

yzyz gave me some clues by phone...
1. Opposite Meridian
2. Near Park Mall
3. Near Paradiz

Guess what... I went the wrong way hahaha. Malu! But oh well. At least I malu in front of the guitar people who are closer to me. If it were uhh... Some other people it would have been worse haha...

We watched Scary Movie 4. Which was insanely crazy. Just like Scary Movie 3. The funniest part was when the ghost boy and the female lead were talking in "japanese" lol. Other than that, I couldn't remember the rest of the funny stuff. To get what I mean... Go watch the movie yourself. Ate at BK with Hyqel and yzyz, and then went home...

***

Sunday was of course a good day... BS was really meaningful for me. It was about fellowship with fellow believers, something that I've neglected for the first half of my christian life. So... Talking about it was kinda good, and hearing what others had to say about it was better. Since I've lacked it for so long... I know how much it means to have fellowship.

Felt so many emotions in one fleeting moment during cell... But dunno how to put it into words.

***

Went pooling with Paul, Jon, Shaun, Rach, Elijah and Mark. Heres the results....

Me 1 Shaun 0
Me 0 Paul 1
Me 1 Rachel 0

Sorry Rach... Broke your 3 match winning streak. =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.