Skip to main content

CT break

CTs are over!!! Maths and Bio was ok... Found that bio was more nerve wracking than chem, although I think most people would disagree with me. I have a feeling I'll not do very well for bio though. Maths was ok, I wouldn't fail I believe. Well, its over and done with. 5 bosses are done, only 25 more are left to level up to lv19 (If you get what I mean)

CTs aren't as important as A levels... So if you think you haven't done as well as you could have... Don't worry... We still have 25 more tests to take... And one and a half years to improve. And I believe... As with PSLE and O Levels, I think A Levels may be slightly easier than some of the tests we may face. I may be wrong though haha. But anyway, everyone lets work hard!

***

Post CT activities were the best! =) Went home, then slept awhile... Then went back to Bishan for OG outing. About 12 went to Serangoon Gardens where we had prata for dinner, and went to Mandre's house for OG outing. Her house was at 1 Corfe Place, and there was a nice Koi pond on the outside which led all the way into the house. The fish were pretty hungry haha.

Those who came included Darren, Yong Chun, Yong Sheng and Wu Lei, Yi Hui, Anne, Michelle, Mel, Wang, Heex and of course Mandre herself. Watched TV awhile, then went downstairs to play X Box. I played Winning Eleven against Darren and Yong Chun. England vs Portugal... And Portugal won 5-0. Bad omen. Haha. I was Portugal. =)

Mandre lent her guitar to me... And it was pretty nice and well maintained. The chance to practice was good... Guitar is starting again soon... And being the Music Director I've gotta either teach or inspire all the RJGE people to learn more guitar skills. And I'm gonna do that. Got a chance to practice on the piano as well... Played a bit of my B. Still have to work on the dynamics though...

I went home with Yong Sheng and Wu Lei... Haha... And I felt like I was kinda like the "Knight" protecting the "King" and "Queen" lol. We took a bus to the main road, then took a taxi. I sat in front (for obvious reasons), and both of them sat at the back. We went to Yew Tee first to drop Yong Sheng off, then I dropped off at Bukit Gombak MRT...

Had an awesome time. And I think we were the only OG to organise something for post CTs.

Go to xpeia.blogspot.com for more details! =)

***

Reached home and the Germany Argentina match was underway... In my opinion both sides played horrible football in the dying minutes of the second half and during extra time. When I saw that Abbondianzeri had been substituted cos of an injury, and Crespo and Riquelme had been substituted out by the coach, I knew Argentina's run in the world cup was over. And so it ended 1-1, with penalties being won 4-2 by Germany. Italy beat Ukraine 3-0 by the way.

***

Singapore Idol... Well I guess all the 12 are already in, and I think the viewers and judges chose the right few. Some people support Geraldine and Primero... Some comments on that. Geraldine, if I remember correctly was one of those people embroiled in a quarrel during the group stages because of a room for practice. And did I forget to mention the way she unsportingly refused to hug/congratulate Meryl when they were chosen to come back on the wildcard show. Although she commented that she 'didn't know', thats not a valid excuse is it?

Primero acted arrogantly and snubbed the judges (my mom was really irritated by that) when they commented on his singing during the top 28 stages, but at least he got better during the wildcard show, thanking the judges for their comments. Unfortunately for him, Singapore had seen enough to make a decision. Otherwise he would have been voted in for his charm I believe.

Most Singaporeans look at the heart and the voice, not the looks. So... Please pay attention to how people behave and how people sing before you make a decision to support someone. Just some advice. And its one of the reasons I don't support certain bands or artistes...

***

My brother's playing "Stacie's Mom" which got me really really fed up. I wonder which smarty pants asked him to go practice that song, although I believe I know cos my bro's always on the com in my room. I'm warning you... DO NOT PLAY THAT SONG. And something's even worse. My bro knows what that song is about yet he's still playing it.

I believe that when a person sings a song, plays a song, parts of that song rub off him/her. And there are some songs you DO NOT want to rub off you. So take my advice and STOP playing that song or else. Otherwise I may be forced to take drastic measures against both my brother and whoever has been asking him to play those songs. Because I would deem them not fit to aid in helping people worship the Lord.

As Guoren always says... "We come before you with clean hands and a pure heart oh Lord..." And thats what every Christian guitarist/musician/singer should aim for whenever you play/sing songs. And that is one of the morals my band stands by. Which reminds me... When's jamming starting again?

I can see why I call myself an "Emo Rocker" hah. TAKE MY WARNING SERIOUSLY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.