Skip to main content

Sick...

I'm sick. Down with a runny nose, sore throat and fever at exactly 38 degrees Celsius. Feel quite ok really, but took an MC for today and tomorrow. Its a family virus kinda thing, since my bros and my dad caught it first. Well, I'll see whether I'm ok in the morning... If so I'll be going to school.

***

Lets start off with soccer... Like most other people I was disappointed about Zidane's headbutting, and I think he should never have done it no matter what. If someone pisses you off on the soccer pitch, theres no need to take physical action. All you have to do... Is score and defeat his team. Nothing's worse than losing to someone you taunted.

I predicted that the match would go into penalties (which did), and France would win the penalty shoot-out. Looks like a predicted wrongly haha. Zidane was sent off... Thats probably why my prediction wasn't correct.

***

Ah... Yes Sunday went well, definitely. The worship, message, and the small things made it all worthwhile. Honestly it was quite hard to concentrate with the recent CT results still fresh on my mind. Seems that though I did meet my mark of all A level passes, I still wasn't really happy with it. But I pulled through, thankfully. And it felt great.

Maths - B (could've done better)
Chem - D (happy with this one)
Econs - E (I wanted a D so badly)

Bio marks aren't confirmed yet. The last time I looked I missed D by half a mark. (which is absolutely saddening) And I do agree with Alan that the paper was quite poorly set, with lots of ambiguities and points that we can challenge. The bio paper was quite a disappointment, especially since I believe that the bio department is the best one amongst all subject departments, with the maths department coming in a close second.

***

Monday was H3 bio day, and H3 bio is absolutely killer. Most of us didn't understand what Mr Ngan was talking about, though I did absorb a little... Something about the isoelectric points of amino acid, and stereoisomers amino acids can form due to them having a chiral centre. How to find optimum pH for amino acids and much more.

After that it was guitar, which I think was quite a disaster. As usual there were notes, but I think the songs in the notes were a little too difficult. From feedback given by some of the SLs, a lot of the people didn't know how to play. I think it was quite an oversight on my part. And I didn't get to lecture again. =( Oh well... Haven't asked any of the members about that session yet. But I'm probably thinking to much. (like I usually do)

***

Tuesday was jamming day... Felt absolutely horrible cos of the sniffling and coughing throughout the day. But jamming was well worth it. Realised that I could multi-task for my band haha. Guoren was at competition preparations so we kinda had a little bit more fun without him. I played keys for This Love, electric for Here Without You and bass for Better Man. Haha that was quite cool. Went home without dinnering with my band and went to get my MC!

***

Theres a particular issue that I'd like to talk about regarding my bro Daryl... And I think his school's been treating him pretty unfairly. Here's what happened... Tell me what you guys think about the issue. Cos I think if something's really wrong I'm gonna bring it up to the MOE personnel when I'm interviewing them for pw.

My bro's classroom was vandalised, and the prinicpal (lets call him Mr. K) suspects it was his doing. However on the day when the act of vandalism had happened, my bro was sick and went home early to rest. However, Mr. K did not believe that my bro sick although my cousin had seen him at home when the 'crime' had been committed. When my bro tried to bring that up as evidence, Mr. K told him 'do not drag your cousin into this'. Mr. K was absolutely sure that my bro had done it and everyday he has been hounding my bro to confess. When asked why Mr. K was so sure my bro had done it, Mr. K claimed that he had 'special evidence' which he could not disclose.

My bro has an alibi, yet he's being blamed.

Do you think its unfair? Or is it just me?

***

Hmmm I think I should start writing chapter one of my story. Not sure how to get it started though. Maybe I'll begin it with some... Soccer?

*** added later***

LOL check this out. I'm so honoured... A webpage dedicated to me. (Not to me but close enough ahaha) Actually its the name of a band in America; the webpage is kinda outdated.

http://www.benlow.com/

Cool huh. I bet no one else's name has actually been chosen as a band name before. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.