Skip to main content

Ethics. Urgh.

Heya guys... In school now waiting for jamming to begin. Well today (Tuesday) we ended lessons at 12pm and jamming's at 4pm. So... I'm now in com lab watching (probably more like listening to) people playing DOTA while I'm blogging.

Oh well... How to concentrate while everyone around is DOTA crazy? Maybe I'll BLOG at home instead...

***At Home***

Ok thats much better... K lets start BLOGging... This post might be long... So if you wanna skip a section go to the next portion with an asterisk to read something different. New system to make reading this BLOG a better experience (I've been implementing this for the past few posts though...)! Haha. Now thats good service lol.

***

Friday! Recovered slightly from sickness to go to school and have pe! First form of physical activity in a long long time, especially since previous pe lessons were all talks and other stuff involving no exercise of any sort. It was frisbee, and I joined in evern though I was sick. My group consisted of some pretty good and athletic people. Ben Zheng, Qing Yuan, Sirui, Sam, Debbie and Amanda.

I started off on the bench cos I was recovering from my flu, and the score was 2-1 in favour of my team when I came on. Then I scored twice thanks to two nice throws by Ben Zheng, and the score at the end of the match was 4-2. For the second match we were pit against the class full of ultimate frisbee team members. So of course we lost haha. But by a margin of 3-1 only. I think we did a pretty good job...

***

Ethics. We covered this during GP lesson. And there are 4 main kinds of ethic types people can stand by. Namely Consequentialism, Divine Command, Deontology and Virtue Ethics. Consequentialism is the belief that consequences of actions determine whether something is right or wrong. Though most people would use Consequentialism, strangely I don't.

Instead I use Divine Command, the belief that what God commands determines what is right or wrong, and when there are ambiguities such as portions not covered in God's word I use Deontology, which is the belief that duties and obligations fufilled determine whether something is right or wrong. Which explains some of the derogatory remarks made on this BLOG. Sometimes I use this BLOG to do what I feel is my duty without thinking of the consequences.

Perhaps its my personality? Dunno. But I never knew personality could be analysed using a method like ethics. Maybe it'll be useful...

***

Storm in a Fishbowl! Well... By then I was tired, a bit sick and slightly blue. Not sure why but probably was the after effects of a long day plus recovering from a sickness. Went to Fishbowl expecting more to learn than to fellowship. I think I was even a bit antisocial through the whole thing.

I must say that Rachel did a good job, as well as the chinese cong youth. They were all quite inexperienced in musicals, but they pulled it off nonetheless, with slight blips (like the mike not working at the start). Overall I think the band wasn't that good cos of the drummer, but its the musical itself that was more important. Though band = music = songs in the musical. But it was the content that mattered.

Fishbowl is a musical with Christian values built into it. A story about a few people beginning to realise how God can work in their lives to help them, not give them a hard time. A story about letting all your cares, all your troubles go. Each and every character is equivalent to a human characteristic that is hard to overcome in daily life.

Wealth
Materialism
Doubt
Loneliness
Self-Expectations

These 5 characteristics of living make life on earth so difficult... Put them down and learn to trust that theres someone helping you cope with this, someone who will never leave you even when these five things start to eat at you, gnaw at you, suffocate you. And that person is God. Thats the main point of this musical. And I'm kinda sad that I didn't get to invite anyone. Oh well theres always next time!

Everyone went to supper... And me being the sick guy that I was, went home for a well-deserved rest, and it gave me time by myself to think and reflect. Thus this in depth analysis of the musical. Haha.

***Next Day***

Saturday was more time with YE people, this time watching Pirates of the Carribean, which I had wanted to watch for a long long long time. The next movie I'm aiming for is Spiderman 3. But that'll be later I guess.

POTC was one of the best movies I've ever watched at a cinema. Even though I had to pay $9.50 for me and my bros ($38.50 o_O) , it was well worth it. Humour, action, a few twists here and there. A could combo for an awesome movie. Will not spoil the movie for everyone. Beginning was funny, middle was exciting and a bit shockingly gross, and the end was a surprise. Thats all I can say.

***

Had piano concert on Sunday. Not much to say about that, perhaps only it went ok. But I missed YE... =( Well I guess seeing all of them two days in a row was enough.

Wanted to by a bouquet of flowers for my piano teacher, but couldn't find any florists around the area. Asked my parents to go find again, but to no avail. My piano teacher gave us all a nice bookmark each. Well... I'll remember to get her flowers next year.

***

Final grades:
BDDEE

No comment. Saying I'm not disappointed is not correct, saying I'm not happy is not correct either. Probably I'm feeling nothing about it. Better than some people, not as good as some people. Duh. Well, lets just work towards promos. And I'll start mugging more than two weeks before unlike this time.

***

Think that the length of my posts are increasing, while frequency is decreasing? You're probably right. It'll be like this until further notice, thus the change in post format. Hope you guys like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me