Skip to main content
Hey guys... I'm sorry about the sudden decrease in frequency of posting. Getting awfully busy with studies as well as CCA, church, band and H3 requirements. Ok let me give you guys the big picture...

Mondays
H3 Bio till 6
Guitar Prac till 7 (Reach home 8+)
Bath, Dinner, TV till 9
Log on till 10
Conk out

Tuesdays
Jamming till 7+ (Home at 8+)
Bath, Dinner, TV till 9
Log on till 10
Conk out

Wednesday
Guitar/Rock till 5:30 (Home at 6:30)
Bath, Dinner, TV till 7:30
Go for piano till 8:30 (Home at 9)
Log on/Do tutorials till 11
Catch anime on Arts Central

Thursday
Lessons till 4 (Home at 5+)
Bath, Dinner, TV till 6
Go for church seminar till 9 (Home at 9:30)
Log on/Do tutorials till 11
Catch anime on Arts Central

Friday
Lessons till 12:30 (finally)
To the gym till 1:30 (Home at 2+)
Bath, TV till 3
Chiong tutorials for a few hours
Dinner, TV till 8
Log on/Do tutorials till 11
Catch anime on Arts Central

Saturday
Laze around/Log in
Go for aural class at 6:30 (Home at 9:30)

Sunday
YE (yay)
No internet day

Ok... So it doesn't look that busy compared to some people. But I've been spending more time doing all these things instead of blogging. Once I'm tired, or doing pw, or reading messages, or doing tutorials, I'll not blog since blogging takes up a large portion of time. Which explains the long break.

Ok I'll give you guys more to read then...

***

Friday was kinda like a series of unfortunate events day haha.

First event came during PE, while we were playing Frisbee. The second match we were trailing 1-0, when one really excited guy who was marking me became overly zealous in trying to grab the Frisbee off me. And guess what. His flailing hands whacked me in the face. And my glasses broke in half. Specifically, the left lens broke in half. Yeah he apologized and I said never mind, but I wasn't really happy. One thing was that I couldn't contribute to my team any more, the other was that I'd have to go half-blind for a few weeks.

On retrospect, being half-blind isn't that bad after all. Tell you guys why later.

Second event was after school. I had makeup bio prac for the potato thingies with class 3A? The class contained some familiar faces... Hung Wen from guitar, Pan Deng from ex 4B and Wei Ren from ex 2E. Ok. Did I tell you guys I was half-blind? Yeah I think I did. Cos I couldn't see anything on the transparency, and had to keep on asking Wei Ren what was on the slide. Whats more, we had to use a borer thingy to cut potato cylinders, and there was once I missed (you guys should know why). And I ended up with wet potato on my shirt. Grrr...

Third event came later on the way home. I was on the 157, sleeping (sweating as well, cos it was really hot) when suddenly the bus decided to come to a halt. The bus driver started the bus again, and it stalled after the bus had moved a few meters. This happened quite a few more times, until the bus driver gave up. So... I found myself in the middle of Bukit Batok wondering about how to get home. The place was kinda familiar... Near Keming Primary. So, being my half-blind self, I ended up mixing up the road names and going the long way back home. GRRR...

***

Saturday as usual was slack/sleep/chiong tutorial day, Sunday as usual was an awesome YE day. Good food from Aunty Elma... *Drools* Which reminds me. I've gotta do the August Roster soon. Hmm I know Mel needs a rest, anyone else? Tag the board please if you do... Lazy/Too busy to send out mail. =P

***

Monday was the first time in a long time I spent my entire day half-blind. It was pretty interesting. I actually had to stare real hard at people to see whether I knew them. So I probably freaked out a few guys (who probably thought I was gay) and a few girls (who probably thought I was attracted to them).

Apologies to those I missed or didn't say hi to. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone while I was walking around half-blind. The answer to two FAQs during this period of time (till 1st aug): No I'm not wearing contacts. And yes, thats why I didn't wave to you initially.

I've realized something. "Being half-blind makes you focus less on the way you're going, but more on those who pass by the same road you go down." And I think its an awesome quote (created by yours truly =P). Applies to life as a whole as well. Don't you find it true?

When you have no idea what you wanna do/achieve you look less towards the future and more at those who are around you, either guiding you through, or those who just fleetingly pass you by. In other words, you take more notice of your friends and acquaintances. Right?

Being half-blind was pretty good for me. Made me pay attention to things around me more. Also, I rely on my other senses more. I dodged a few things today (such as drink spillage and someone who was desperately late for something). And used my Jedi reflexes to catch papers that were flying away. And lots of other stuff like that. Cool huh.

***

Thanks Chris for tagging... Haha guys, why suddenly so quiet? Is it cos my dad's around the area? Don't be scared of him lah. He just wants to know my friends better, that's all. And I think he knows all of you guys are very guai one. So no worries, say whatever you want. He doesn't mind.

Speaking of tagging... Some people in class went on a tagging frenzy during pw today. Impersonation power... Now Azrin's and Chris's tagboards are flooded with lots of weird stuff. No comment from me.

***

Any suggestions on names for my guitars?
Acoustic already has a name. His name is Rusty. Hahaha. For obvious reasons.
Bass - Is greenish-blue in colour, G string tends to buzz (don't think sick guys, that string really buzzes), D# (D string 1st fret) is always slightly out of tune no matter how I tune the string.
Classical - Has an EPL sticker on it, I haven't cut off excess string from the headboard. Its strings are further away from the fretboard as compared to other classical guitars.
If anyone has suggestions for a name, or needs a more thorough description of either bass or classical guitars, tag the board.

***

This is long overdue, but happy birthday to all July babies! July babies rock the house! Pri school classmates - Joel, Serene, Songhua, Church people - Amanda, Class people - Tabby, Lawrence. Sorry to those I missed out. Tag my board to scold me or something. Please?

***

I realize that chapter 1 of my story's long overdue as well. Paiseh... Maybe tonight if I get the chance.

And notice that I've included the phrase "tag my board" many times in this post. Haha. Hope you guys get the hint?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.