Skip to main content

Pics

Haha I'm wondering why I'm still here considering the amount of homework that came in over the past week. Got hit by two tutorials on Friday, and until now have absolutely no time to do any of them. Oh well. Plus the Chem Test, GP CT, and H3 Bio Tests next week, its gonna be one deadly last week of school.

***

Eden-Sol

Some pretty exciting stuff last friday... Woot Eden-Sol was featured on the New Paper. Before having our weekly bout of jamming we went to some nearby mama shop to get the paper.


And Guoren kinda remembered something. It was kinda this time of the year last year when he had another photo shoot but the photos didn't get printed. Kinda nostalgic yes? After looking at the photos we gathered in the deserted alley behind the jamming studio and prayed...

Giving thanks for everything that God had given us... Praying for the strength to keep the band going no matter what... Committing the future of the band to Him yet again. I really do hope Eden-Sol stays together through thick and thin. That'll be great!

***

Reflection

Went to Guoren's house before jamming on Tuesday to visit, do some piano homework and play around with his guitars. Haha well it wasn't the first time visiting... Listened to Guoren sing a few songs and talk about his aspiration to be a professional singer at a good club. All the best!

After that Guoren fell asleep, I did some work, and his little sis peeped in on us. She's super cute. When she came in the first thing she did was go ask me to do my work on the table in their study room. Cos I was sitting on the floor doing instead of doing it on Guoren's cluttered desk.



Haha she talked to me about lots of things while I listened. Like her favourite colour, her classes at Kumon, her brother, her family, her K2 friends etc. She wasn't so talkative the last time I saw her. Then she borrowed my phone and went to take pictures haha. This was the first time she'd talked to me. She was usually super quiet... Seems like something changed.

Made me think about myself when I was K2. I was pretty noisy believe it or not. But things changed. My friends started ridiculing me and leaving me alone. I think some of it was my fault. I was the teacher's pet. And nobody likes someone like that huh?

And I changed, from a noisy kid to a totally silent one. It didn't help that my grandma (mum's side) died the same year. Sad huh... (but looking back I don't believe it was for the worse, because it made me what I am today)

I'm kinda glad that someone else isn't experiencing what I went through. Although its helped me in the long run, it was very painful. Instead, she's had great friends who've helped her change from a quiet, timid girl to an outgoing, friendly one. I wish I had those kind of friends even as a K2 kid. Cos in those years what happens makes you, or breaks you.

So thank you my dear friends for being around me and making me who I am. You may hurt me sometimes, or you may make me really happy! But no matter what you do, I love all of you just the same.

***

S03H

Thursday was H3 Bio day, and it was our very first prac. Some kind of simulation of ELISA, which is a method to tell whether certain proteins are present in a sample given to you. So me and Chris paired up and did everything like pros.


And heres the result! Hmmm... If you want an explanation about the thing let me know. Its kinda complicated and will take quite long to explain here.

Kudos to the H3 Bio teachers for coordinating this prac. It was pretty fun, and it was the very first in Singapore! I think they spent quite a lot of money on it, and put in quite a lot of effort in getting all the stuffs for us.

***

YE

Woot went early to Gerald's house on Saturday to have a bit of fun... The widely advertised Mahjong challenge occured as soon as we shifted the Mahjong table into position.


Going first... Is none other than... Gerald, the organiser!

I went second.

Going third... Is the super brainy, super smart... Darren!


Going fourth... Is the cool dude with the attitude... Daryl!

Heres my hand for the first round.

And heres my super nice bomb hand with 4 kongs!

And here are the final scores. I win! To those who thought we used real money... Shame on you for doubting us. Haha joking. We just counted score and didn't gamble don't worry.

***

Piano

Journeyed to piano on friday... And oh my something bad happened.

Yup here's the sign thingy put up at Admiralty station. So hmm I couldn't get to piano and was hoping I could pon it. And someone gave me a call... It was Denise! One of my piano teacher's students, and my neighbour as well. Haha she was stuck at Admiralty as well.

It was quite exciting cos it was the first time I got stuck in this kind of thing. Read in the news that some old lady who's 50 years old fell off the track and broke her hip or something on the Woodlands platform. Yup so as a result the train service got stopped and we were lost in translation.

Yup but soon they established a shuttle service from the affected stations, so we took the shuttle bus all the way to Kranji and continued on our way to piano. Excitingly traumatic! Lol.

***

That's all for today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.