Skip to main content

Guitar O

Ok you guys have caught me in a real super happy good mood today. Haha probably a culmination of all the great stuff thats been happening along the way the past few days. Had lots of fun to say the least...
And of course lots of stuff in between that made me ultra super happy!

K I'll leave all the reflections for a later post. I want this post to be super ultra happy, so I'll leave the serious stuff for next time.

***

Soccer!

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0
Aston Villa 2 Watford 0
Fulham 1 Tottenham 1
Middlesbrough 5 Bolton 1
Newcastle 2 West Ham 2
Portsmouth 0 Charlton 1
Reading 3 Sheffield 1
Man City 0 Blackburn 3
Wigan 0 Everton 2
Arsenal 2 Man U 1

Won a lunch from both my bros as a result of betting on the last match. So for alternate weeks, they'll have to buy me lunch before or after YE. Yipee...

***

S03H

The weekend was a pretty busy one. Started off going jamming with Mam and Vivek, as well as Indra? Did I spell that right? Guess what? We're joining talentime for fun! Its gonna be great cos its the first time I'm trying a slightly new genre for me... Soft rock. With the Beatles and all.

Songs we played:

While My Guitar Gently Weeps ~ The Beatles
Sally Cinnamon ~ The Stone Roses
With Or Without You ~ U2

Had lots of fun playing with that bunch of people. Though playing Eden-Sol is a lot more cooler haha. But just generally having a feel of an entirely new band and new band dynamics was good for me. Learnt some new lingo as well. "Eh DEI!" probably means hey man. Took me this long to figure out haha.

Well here are the pics they requested.


Vivek and Indra? They look super serious here haha.


Mam on the drums! Cool sial (another piece of slang I learnt)...

Emonesss...

Woah this bass is super good.

***

YE

Wow... Sharing by Sarah was good. I managed to record the entire worship and sharing session! Will try and upload on yeworship... Besides that nothing much really happened, except that I was chionging my piano homework that had to be submitted that day. It was a super rush.

Thanks Rach for the small gift. It really meant a lot to me! Lets continue to be great friends grounded in the faith of God! Take care and God bless!

***

Guitar

Just yesterday we had guitar orientation. It was very very very fun. Well we started off with ice breakers, literally. Hyqel had me finish this cup of Teh Bing in under 30 seconds so that he could get the ice. So he took a piece of ice, broke it, and the games started. (That was after all the announcements though.)

So we played a few games with the J1s. Let them know a bit about each other... Then we played some ice ice ice ice ice ice ice ice game or something. Great time to check out the dynamics of the new people in RJGE. So finally we played double whacko. Didn't use my powerful strategy though, cos its more effective for single whacko. Managed to funny bomb stuff like sabo Eugene Neo and then when I got whacked I purposely stood near to Yu Sheng to whack him. He kept pushing me away but I kept forcing myself near him. I think it was quite a funny sight. Some J1s were giggling like crazy.

Haha after that I kinda went to the MEP room to audition a few bassists. They did pretty well. Not much to be impressed about, but they were good enough. And besides, they were the only bassists who auditioned so I guess they'll be in.

Went back to guitar just in time for the guitar main ensemble auditions. It was a quite fun experience pressurising people. A few of them were quite impressive, a few of them weren't very good in sight reading and some of them were ultra stressed. But most of them were from RIGE and RGGE, so we let all of them into the main ensemble. Looking forward to next monday! I'll hafta prepare teaching material to teach the newbies who didn't join the senior ensemble. Its gonna be fun! I hope.

***

Random

Ok finally to something really cool. I picked up this random pic from the S03H blog! And I really like it haha. You guys probably can see why. I look super cool haha. Agree?


Me and Vivek. I'm wearing the sunglasses I got from the HK trip! Looks really good don't ya think?

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.