Skip to main content

Double Post

Ok I shall double post, cos I think I've got some more to say... If you wanna hear my reflections... Please refer to the post below. And if you wanna know more soccer results, go look downstairs as well.

***

S03H

Well, Talentime results are coming out today. I'm not exactly feeling very upbeat about it, cos there were lots of awesome bands there that day auditioning. We were good, but of course some of them were better. Narpal's band, Hyqel's band were pretty good IMO. Its gonna be one tough fight. If we do get in, I'm gonna be surprised.

Good job Indra, Mam and Vivek! You guys did extremely well that day and I'm proud of you guys.

A few little tidbits... Hyqel's band consisting of Adam, Boyle and himself played Alternative Rock. Red Hot Chilli Peppers to be exact. Narpal's band played pure rock. There was one band that played The All American Rejects and A-Train. And another who played Snow Patrol and Three Doors Down. They all were pretty ok. Some of them rushed, but others were pure coolness.

One thing that I have to learn is to commit everything I do to God. I forgot to do that on the day of the auditions. I kinda went in with my own strength, and now I'm wondering whether God's gonna put us through or not. Must remember to pray before every important event first hmm.

***

Family

Me and my bros are putting up a filing system, where we'll put all our notes, chords, as well as admin stuff for YE. So that we keep organised and don't lose what we've learnt that easily. After one month we can just look through and remember I think its a pretty good initiative, and if you guys want to, you should keep a file with your siblings and keep it somewhere accessible for everyone to see. Also, we got an application bible during the holidays and we're using it so I guess its something good! If you want, please try it out.

***

Eden-Sol

Nothing much here, only some cool stuff such as getting new amps. After the talentime auditions on friday I was waiting in the MEP room for the amp to come... And it did! Adam and Boyle and Eugene tested the amp, and concluded that it was a good thing that we sent it for repairs.

Yesterday, the bass amp came, and I went to check it out. It was pretty cool. A Nemesis amp to be exact. It is some strong bomb. The max volume is incredible. But I still maintain that all bass amps sound the same. The only difference is the volume. Another new amp's coming today, may go check it out as well.

Yup and Eden-Sol's finally meeting after all the rest we had from the first performance we had during CCA feste. And we'll be discussing lots of stuff (no jamming though). Probably what plans we have for this year and praying and stuff.

***

S03H

Ok back to class... I'd like to talk about the Civics lessons that we've been having. Hmm... To tell the truth I don't really appreciate the module we're having. Yes, it is fun and all, but some times it just pisses people off.

How come? I read Songhua's blog and totally agreed with his statements on civics lessons. Just last week we were asked to answer a few questions on BGR and stuff like that. For example "How do you know that he/she is the one?"

The question that garnered responses which infuriated me was: "Should guy and girls be friends?" My answer was a definite yes... And most of the class people's were. But... There was one answer I was unhappy about. The answer went somewhere along this line:

Guys make friends with girls because they wanna date them or are attracted to them, whilst girls first make friends and choose amongst them who to date.

Though I do acknowledge the fact that the situation may be true for some guys, and applaud their bravery in expressing their true opinions, I can't help but get worked up. Sorry if you find this offensive. But I believe everyone finds what I'm going to say true.

Here are the reasons why I'm not exactly happy about the question, as well as civics:

1. Do girls really think we're that selfish? Making relationships with them just because we wanna satisfy our own selfish desires? It makes me sad they think that way. But what makes me even more sad (and scared) is that some of the guys in our class think that the statement above is true as well.

2. The failure to qualify the statement. At least the word 'some' or 'most' can be put in. Not all guys do that you know. And not all of us agree.

3. As a society we've always pushed for gender equality... And I'm no sexist, at least I try my best not to undermine the opposite sex. But when these statements from the opposite sex appear, I think: "Why should I not be sexist in the first place, if this is what they repay us with?" Sorry if I'm being a bit touchy here. Hope you guys understand how I feel. Its the same thing when you try not to be elitist and undermine others and suddenly people accuse you of being a rich, smart stuck up prat or something. Ouch. Imagine that.

4. The fact is, there are no lines between any gender or sex in this issue. The truth is that some girls/guys make friends because they are attracted to that person of the other sex, other girls/guys make friends and then later choose a good partner from the mix. There is no difference between dating processes of males and females. Hope I make some logical argument here and you guys can see it.

5. Sometimes people do different things in different situations. They may choose to make friends when they are attracted to the person in one case, and just make friends because they are getting to know each other better in another case. As simple as that. People make decisions depending on the situations they are in, and not their inherent human nature as males or females.

6. The overall lack of godliness in some of the responses of Christians, me included. One of the questions was: "How do you know that he/she is the one?" General responses include: "We'll never know." "We'll only know after the wedding I guess." "You just know!" But not one person said: "Cos God will tell me so!" Same for other questions. But I guess and hope that in every Christian's heart he remembers that God will help him/her through.

Well... Looking forward to the end of this Civics module today. Till next time!

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.