Skip to main content

Eh DEI!

Hey guys... The past week has been pretty alright. Busy to say the least. Reaching home at about 9 plus every single day of the week except Friday. One thing thats good for me is that ever since that revelation on Sunday, I've continued to place my trust in him and do everything in him, which is a really good thing.

***

YE

Last week's YE was about love, which was when it came to me. Will leave that for a later post. What I'd like to talk about was YE worship ministry's meeting. We welcomed a couple of new people into the team, but unfortunately there are still a few vacancies in the worship leader area that have to be filled. I'm praying that it'll be ok. Dear Gerald's leading today, and I think he'll do a great job in touching the hearts of YE. Looking forward to it.

Got a lot of additional stuff this year to look forward to, such as worship modules, band dynamics workshops, group training in instruments, jam sessions, group and individual mentoring as well as the anticipated YE worship team outings!

So after all the discussion and stuff which Tim ran through pretty quickly, the worship ministry people had their first official spiritual feeding since the worship ministry was born. I remember when I first came in, I never had any of that. Everything was learnt through experience and not through teaching. Wonder how the next batch of worship teamers will fare?

Here are the valid points in the spiritual teaching: (Eden-Sol take note as well...)

- There is the presence of a spiritual hole in our soul
- To fill it we worship, allowing God to enter this whole
- So worship is the human response to the touch of God
- Worship happens when the holy spirit touches the human spirit
- And every faculty of the person is engaged with God
- Worship is so passionate that it cannot be dull
- We want more of his presence; with his presence there is pleasure
- Worship begins with a Godly decision
- Worship is a willing, not a feeling
- Worship God because he is worthy to be praised
Bible references: Psalms 60:11, Acts 16:16. 25. Matthew 2:8, Revelations 4:10

***

Eden-Sol

Week 3 marked the start of official CCA auditions and interviews... And I was one of the people at the MEP room auditioning for people for Raffles Rock. One sad thing to note is there were no bassists! Sad ehh... But of course some of the bands that came for auditions had their own bassists. Oh! I just recieved the news there'll be one on monday. Yay. The bassist situation in RJ isn't so sad after all haha.

K. So I came late for auditions on the first day (Monday), and missed the two band auditions that were held that day. I recieved feedback from Sam that one band was super ultra cool good. The band's name is Triad I think. The other band that auditioned wasn't so good. Still haven't decided who's in and out though.

Besides the bands, we auditioned a couple of singers, drummers, guitarists and keyboardists. And we managed to find MOCA his potential wife hahaha. He was the one who chose her some more. Yeah we were quite impressed by her. Besides that, on the first day there wasn't much visible talent in my opinion. (Maybe hidden talent?) But everyone did well!

The second day of auds was on Wednesday. I was there to check out the girl band (CCSS aka Hoobastink), and they were ok lah. They reminded me of the old eden-sol a bit. Still unsure of whether to take them in, cos vocals were considerably weak. If we find another vocalist for them we may take them. The second day of auds were very promising... The people were great.

Choon Wing pulled me aside, showed me "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" live and then later asked me to play "Behind Blue Eyes" for him. So I listened to the mp3 and just came up with the riff. And he was like... "This song rocks, and its super touching... Lets do an acoustic version the next time we perform for something." So its settled. Behind Blue Eyes, here I come!

Gabriel made me this once he found a couple of pipe cleaners stashed in the Jazz cupboard.


Thanks man...

***
RJGE

Monday was RJGE interviews as well (which explains why I was late for rock auds). I was part of the interviewing panel which was split up into 3 sections. Me and Shaun, Hyqel and Michelle, and Tiong and Ming Fang. So we asked people pretty straightforward questions, and a couple of random ones... Like... "If the ship we all were on was about to sink, and one person had to be thrown off, who would you choose?" Yup so in the end we decided on a total of 40 something people that made it through inteviews. Looking forward to seeing them on Monday! (Ouch which means I have to run back and forth from rock to guitar again)

Wednesday there was prac as well, and it was pretty productive for everyone as a whole. Cos I could see that they'd improved quite a bit since I last saw them a long long time ago. Looking forward to playing the new piece! Section 1 pls practise your runs more... Section 3, good job on the quituplets and sextuplets. Keep it up section 2 and 4!

***

S03H

Recieved the awesome news that the RI canteen was back in business! So on the first day it opened, S03H rushed there for lunch and enjoyed it thoroughly. Kampung was back, and so was the chicken rice! Awesome. Too bad the noodles stall didn't come back. The old wanton mee rocked. So had my fill of the Kampung food. Mie, Charissa, Mel and Mich decided to come with us to see what the canteen food was like, and they were super impressed. At least thats what Charissa told me while we were playing bridge after school.

Some of us griped that the standards were lower, but I think inside we were pretty glad that we finally could have something much better than the RJ canteen food. Discovered that Kevin has this weird liking for the apple kiwi juice bought from the vending machine. He has such weird taste haha. Leonard was disturbing him because of it.

Explored the new canteen building for awhile. There were a couple of new rooms on the second and third floor. CCA rooms I think. And I found the prefects room as well. The new artificial turf looks so good... As soon as its open I wanna play soccer there!

Well I'm glad that the RI canteen is back! So many memories...

***
Family

Daryl's back from camp! Yeah... He's a bit sunburnt on the tip of his nose, but nevertheless still as cool and ah bengish as usual. Once he got back, he went to bath, on his computer, MSN a bit and then went to sleep. I managed to catch him sleeping haha.


Cute huh... Want more cute pics of him sleeping? Let me know haha...
Well its time to go to church! Till later!
***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.