Skip to main content

Woohoo

Ok... Just came back from piano lesson. Got heaps of piano homework to do but I'm feeling high high high. Turns out that my piano teacher is pregnant! Congratulations! And when she noticed the eden-sol cushion hanging from my phone she thought it was a gift from my girlfriend haha...

Well... You guys caught me in a super good mood so instead of continuing from the previous post I'm double posting today. It seems that the ranting, reminding and reflecting I did just now helped lots, and I think I'd probably do that some other day when the need arises. I realise I was pretty courageous saying what I had to say on the previous post and I'm proud of myself.

Ok now on to more fun stuff.

***

PW Oral Presentation

Woke up bright and early on thursday to go and rehearse PW OP. As usual my mom wasn't very happy at this, cos I'd gone out every single day since the holiday for important stuff. That morning she was either joking with me or super angry. And she asked me whether I was keeping a girlfriend haha. (Whats up with people thinking I have a girlfriend lol) She sounded sorta serious so it scared me a bit haha.

Went to Yee Ying's house all the way at Potong Pasir to help with editing the PPT as well as practise presenting. Her maid cooked really awesome spaghetti which I finished super fast. And there were pepper fries as well.

So after that we rehearsed and rehearsed and rehearsed. Although we did play with the piano, play a few rounds of bridge and play Age of Mythology Campaigns in the middle. Yeah and I was pretty confident of my presenting skills. Dunno why, but from concert onwards my presenting skill has shot up by lots. It seemed like doing the evangelistic part during the concert helped...

Once we finished, Jheeva and Chris went off first and Sirui and I stayed back for awhile. Sirui completed more AoM campaigns, and I practised a bit for piano cos I'd brought my books. Yee Ying showed me a few more FF scores, so now I have FFX's To Zanarkand and FFX-2's Eternal Memory of Lightwaves.

Friday was our last and final mock presentation, and Monday we presented! I think our presentation wasn't as good as Sam's group, but we managed to pull it off convincingly. Before that Amanda told me she'd watched the video of Eden-Sol's concert, and I was quite happy about the news so I sorta got a good morale boost before that.

And Tuesday we had to come back to pass up I&R. Was supposed to go class outing, but I was getting kinda tired, and my mom was getting kinda angry. So PW is officially over! Thats the most awesome feeling ever. But it takes time to sink in. It hasn't sunk in totally for me yet, otherwise I think I'd be jumping all over the place.

***

Church

Saturday was a totally awesome day. Had the entire morning and afternoon free to watch Yu-Gi-Oh vids on youtube. Watched all the way to GX episode 80. Its quite exciting really. Less serious, but more action packed than the original episodes currently shown on kids central.

During the evening I finally got a chance to pool with the usual people. Gerald, Paul and Rach! Gerald brought his colleague Mark down as well. Long time since I saw Gerald, and I was pretty glad he came. Although it meant all of us got trashed by him haha.

Pool scores...

Me 1 Paul 0
Me 0 Rach 1
Me 0 Gerald 1
Me 1 Mark 1
Me & Paul 1 Rach & Gerald 2

Overall 3 wins out of 9. Ahhh... Need more practise if I'm ever gonna beat Gerald. Wonder when he's coming back to YE? Feeling guilty cos I skipped YE camp comm meeting to be there. It sorta slipped my mind.

Soccer! That night I watched the awesome match between Liverpool and Reading. Was hoping Seol Ki Hyun would score, but Kuyt's goals in either half were good. Watched a bit of Man U and Portsmouth too. That match was complete imbalance.

Results
Fulham 1 Everton 0
Bolton 0 Wigan 1
Charlton 1 Man City 0
Liverpool 2 Reading 0
Man U 3 Portsmouth 0
Watford 2 Middlesbrough 0
Newcastle 0 Sheffield 1
West Ham 1 Arsenal 0
Aston Villa 2 Blackburn 0
Tottenham 2 Chelsea 1

Yesterday there were Carling Cup matches as well. Surprise surprise...

Man U 0 Southend 1 !!!!!
Chesterfield 3 Charlton 3 - Charlton wins on penalties
Watford 2 Newcastle 2 - Newcastle wins on penalties
Notts 0 Wycombe 1

Todays matches are as follows:

Birmingham vs Liverpool
Everton vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Tottenham vs Port Vale

***

YE

Sunday was good... Especially cos of the prayer + worship session. Tim's band as usual was superb. And I was one of the few jumpin' praisin' during One Way and My Best Friend. Once I actually jumped at the wrong time and David laughed at me grrr. But the time of worship was even more awesome. It brought tears to my eyes. Just committing everything back to God once again was great.

Ahh during one of the prayer sessions Charissa actually revealed something that shocked me. Yeah all the best Char... Won't reveal much cos I haven't asked in detail either.

After YE the most serious part came. Discussing the future for the worship ministry. Its confidential so I guess I'll keep mum about this one as well.. But one exciting thing is that I'll be playing keys for the first time for worship on the 26th. And for those Eden-Sol people who are thinking of coming you guys can either choose 19th or 26th. 19th I'll be on the bass and Rachel will be leading. 26th I'll be on the keys and Rachel will be on the guitar & co-leading. So its up to you guys to decide. 19th will be full band, and 26th will be acoustics.

Then Choon Wing came at about 5pm! When I heard I was pretty excited. He was pretty afraid to go up. But I was there so I nudged him up to go meet some of the YE people. After that we decided to go holy comm. And he was scared of that as well. So I nudged him into the sanctuary too. But by then communion had ended. Haha so we ended up sitting near the vending machines. Soon lots of YE people gathered around and made Choon Wing feel at home. And thats a good thing.

One thing Choon Wing's gotta learn is not to be afraid of the consequences. Everything has to come sooner or later so he might as well face it head on as early as possible. And since everything is already controlled by God he should be courgeous and just step forward. And I think he's probably glad he did... (After all that nudging that is)

Hmm... Just for people who are interested...

www.champion-slack3r.blogspot.com

This should be his blog but he hasn't updated it for ages. And so I'm not gonna add it to my list as of yet.

***

K thats all for now! High high high high! Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!