Skip to main content

Sian

Hey guys... Its been rather monotonous the past few days. Every single week its the same thing over and over again. Yup but I guess its gonna be like that when you have stuff to do. I've been waking up real late as well. Probably cos I've woken up at unearthly hours by my phone alarm. Frankly I don't know why it still rings even after I've switched it off.

K I was bored so I took this pic haha. I guess it pretty much sums up my sianess...


***

Eden-Sol

K on to more interesting stuff. Thursday... Actually I kinda forgot what I did for that entire day until I saw the Deathnote book that Choon Wing lent me. So I sorta guess that there was something to do with the band... Oh. It was our first bible study session? If I'm not mistaken. Or was that on Tuesday? Argh hols are messing with my head.

But yeah if I remember correctly, I came ultra super early and went to Guoren's house to fiddle around with guitar. But in the end they decided to go to the Macs at Toa Payoh. So I went there and bible study began! It was about discipline in the church and I think it was really appropriate and meaningful especially at that period of time for me.

After that Eden-Sol (without Guoren again) went to City Hall to have lunch. We found a pretty nice pasta, baked rice and pizza place and had lunch there. After that I fished out my cards and we had a few rounds of trading bridge. I think I have a super power or something cos I kept calling cards from other people and getting them. So one of the rounds I had J, 10, 8, 6, 3, 2 of spades and I asked Choon Wing for A spades and Gabriel for K spades. So that round I won in a super imba way by calling the Q spades.

We got chased away soon though. But the owners of the place were pretty nice and gave us really good service. Yeah and afterwards I went for worship prac.

***

YE

Worship prac was pretty good. I was playing with a team made out of mostly sec 2s. Which was pretty cool and was a first in main service. Honestly the first time I played in main was Sec 4 beginning? But this time Nat, Shaunald, Daryl, Marcus were in the team. And so was Li En (Sec 3) and Yan Leen (Adult). So majority of them were still young.

The wonderful thing was that they produced wonderful music and had this pure heart of worship that I rarely see in most music teams I've gone to see before. They had this nice spirit of obedience and trust in God and confidence stemmed from that. We played a total of 8 songs that night for prac and had an awesome time.

So on Sunday we had worship, and we led the congregation really really well considering our ages. Just by relying on God's strength alone, we managed to pull it off. And the comments made by Uncle William (main service I/C) that day were really encouraging. Cos he told us that he felt that spirit of worship in the church that day and he told us that the congregation was empowered by the worship. Even our pastor Rev Soon gave us plaudits during the announcement section of the service. And I guess we say...

Honour and power and praise be to our God forever and ever amen!

Cos it was God's work, not ours.

***

Eden-Sol

Friday we came down to City Hall yet again to do some charity work this time. So Eden-Sol (without Sam) met at the MRT and headed for the Padang, where the Bull Run was being held. Have no idea what the Bull Run is?

Its a charity event organised for major companies. So that all their employees have a chance to do work for charity. And by running in the marathon, they were able to raise money for some beneficiaries such as the School Pocket Money Fund and Assisi Home and Hospice. So we went there to help out. Our task was to look after the bags at one of the booths so we pretty much did nothing actually.

Suddenly it started raining and the run was postponed for awhile so we went to the nearby cafe to play cards. Bridge to be exact. And Guoren was really funny haha. He kept playing wrongly and Choon Wing was a little annoyed by that. So most of the time the person who was Guoren's partner kept on losing.

Yup soon Guoren and Choon Wing left and Sam came so we went to do our stuff. Some of them were out of the job scope but oh well. We had to carry their goodie bags all the way from the far away booth, move some furniture and to some dirty work but it was ok. We ended up with dirty shoes but a whole lot of goodies cos each of us got a goodie bag each as well.

After that Sam had to go for cell so me and Gabriel went to Food Junction at Raffles City to eat. Yeah we talked a lot about bass and guitar stuff and a bit of personal stuff as well. Yup and that was it for that night.

Here are some pics...


Yup this is the Bull Run.

A little something I got as a souvenir. A bull duh.

***

Guitar

Monday was guitar again, and it was pretty good! Considering that I came late and had an awfully cold lunch, it was ok. Halfway Ben Tham had to go so I had to take guitar 3 for awhile. But I knew nuts about their part and they didn't want to continue (cos their part they had to learn was super difficult) but instead continue practising that portion. The sad thing was that only 5 people from section 3 turned up that day.

Ensemble prac was really fun. Aditi brought this ukelele thing which was really fun to mess around with. But I could see this time that the ensemble was much more better disciplined than last time. Yeah but I was pretty high so I laughed quite a bit (which I shouldn't have done). It was quite a good experience. This time we did up to page 5, and pages 1-3 sounded really neat, clean and good.

After that we had composition comm meeting, which was ultra Dream Theatrish cos Hyqel kept playing their songs just to illustrate the concept of very fast time signature and melodic changes. Yup so we got our song outline done and we're doing a bit of the song on Wednesday.

***

Soccer!

Man City 0 Newcastle 0
Chelsea 4 Watford 0
Everton 0 Aston Villa 1
Middlesbrough 1 West Ham 0
Portsmouth 1 Fulham 1
Sheffield 2 Bolton 2
Wigan 3 Charlton 2
Reading 3 Tottenham 1
Arsenal 3 Liverpool 0

***

Leisure...

Recently I've been playing Megaman X: Command Mission and I've gone till the second last chapter so far. And I've been playing a new game, Shin Megami Tensei as well and I'm doing pretty good in it.

As for reading... I'm reading the Deathnote manga that Choon Wing lent me. Wanted to post some pics but I think Deathnote pics are too widespread nowadays.

K thats all for the past week! Till next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!