Skip to main content

Fun stuff!

Hey guys... I guess I'm feeling pretty good despite some major stuff that cropped up this pass week. I'll leave my comments about that stuff for later posts I guess. Cos the mood of this post is gonna be really light hearted! Its about all the awesome stuff I've been doing since the school term ended. And awesome is an understatement.

***

The term ended on a wet and rainy Thursday, and despite the gloomy weather, Eden-Sol met up once again to celebrate our success in the concert and muse about all the fun things (or perhaps bloopers) that we encountered during the concert. After the long and trying spell of jamming and keeping up with school stuff we all just sat down and congratulated each other for surviving the entire ordeal.

4 out of the 5 of us went to Swensens to eat ice-cream to celebrate. Cos Guoren was at training with the canoeists, he didn't come. We sat down for quite long and talked and talked and talked even more. Not forgetting the all the suanning between the guys. And we ordered an Earthquake to share among the 4 of us. Here it is. Looks so good...


Its kinda weird cos everytime we go to Swensens, Guoren is never there for some reason or another. So that was my cool thursday evening. Nothing much to say about it, but I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

***

Friday was a totally awesome day... Cos it was S03H's outing to East Coast Park!

Before that everyone was supposed to meet at Plaza Singapura to have breakfast... But I woke up quite late and so I ended up doing my blogpost instead. The rest of them went somewhere at Orchard to watch Deathnote. When I was done with the post, I took a train to City Hall, where I called Chris to ask where all the people were. Seems that all of them were heading to Bedok already, so I went there as well.

Along the way it started to rain, so I didn't feel really good about the whole class outing thing. Remembering the previous "class outing" to East Coast Park wasn't a very good thing. Cos the previous outing was pretty much washed out by the rain.

When I arrived at Bedok the guys were all having lunch at the large coffeeshop place so I sat with Kashwin and took lunch as well. The coffeeshop was pretty familiar cos my family goes there quite often when we visit my mom's side relatives, cos all of them live in the east. So I ordered my favourite (you guys can guess what it is) and ate pretty quickly cos the rest of them were already finishing. And after that we followed Plan's lead and took a bus to East Coast!

Upon arrival the rain had stopped, and we decided to play pool for one hour in case the rain came back. So twelve of us that were there seperated ourselves into groups of 4 and each group took a table. And so began my first pool match in a long long time. My opponents were tough. Ben Zheng was one of the pros, and Lawrence was pretty good. The good thing was that I had Charissa as my partner. For a beginner she was pretty good.

Me and Charissa 3 Ben Zheng and Lawrence 1

The first round I potted 4 balls my first try at hitting, and finished off the game. The second round we were trailing 7-0 and eventually pulled back to win the game. The third Charissa did most of the work and finished off the game with a pretty cool rebound shot. Then we played 9 balls and Ben Zheng and Lawrence won.

Koped the photos from the class blog! Heres a photo of Kashwin poised to finish his opponent off. The guy in the middle is Kevin and the guy on the right is Leonard (remember him?)!

That concluded pool, and while some people went to buy the food, the rest of us went to get some cycling done! I took a tandem with Plan and here we are!

Me and Plan on the tandem getting ready to go!

It was pretty nice riding with Plan cos we would talk about stuff along the way. It was my first time in control of a tandem, and I think I did pretty well considering my cycling skills. We cycled with the rest of the class and finally ended up at the barbeque pit for the class! I met my cousin, Serene (remember her?) along the way.

At the pit I was the official satay cook! And me, Vivek, Plan and Ben Zheng manned the mini pit. Can't remember who did the main pit, but the food was pretty good, and no one got any stomach aches. Yay for me. Cos it was the first time I tried barbequeing stuff. And I'm gonna do it again the next time. It was way too fun. Soon it got dark and I switched my phone to walkman mode so that everyone could enjoy the music. And soon everyone did the same with their phones or PSPs.

Eventually our GP teacher Mrs Toh came with her cute daughter. Some of us had a fun time talking to her and her daughter. I didn't get to find out her name and I'm still wondering. After the cooking was done I sat down to play bridge and we took a couple of photos.


Kashwin, Ihtimam with his favourite Beatles shirt, and Nazi! From left to right.

Carol and Christine enjoying the awesome food. Glad to see a pic of someone about to eat the satay I cooked yay!


S03H! Some bomb class.

Leonard offered to give me a ride to Bedok MRT after the whole thing was over. Thanks for that man. And I'm glad to be the first passenger in your dad's car ever haha.

So that awesome day came to a close. Better things were on their way!

***

Saturday... I got up bright and early, put on my RJ polo tee and track pants, and made my way to Outram for the one and only... CSI competition - the real search! Me, Ann Liang, Sherman, Gar Goei, Yong Sheng and Yi Kai were one good team. And after meeting at Outram we headed to Cantonment Police Building, where the competition was held. Unfortunately, no photography was allowed in the building. So no pics.

The first hour was a bit of breakfast, as well as a short presentation about what a CSI has to look out for. And it seemed that contrary to popular belief, CSIs aren't meant to step into a lab, but only needed for documentation of evidence and looking through the stuff. Instead, the people at the crime lab who are certified experts in their field deal with the evidence. The CSIs then recieve the reports and then solve the various cases they deal with. So in a way, my dream job isn't to be a CSI, but a forensic pathologist. In other words, working in the crime lab is what I want to do.

But this competition was a good enough way to learn more about my dream job. After the presentation, we went by chartered bus to some ulu hotel somewhere at Yishun or Sembawang. There, we were required to search a room for evidence given prior knowledge of the situation. So the evidence we were supposed to find needed to be used to link the suspects to the crime they committed.

Won't expound on the details, but we found lots of irrelevant and weird stuff. A small bottle of tong bian ye (some sort of constipation medicine), some underwear, and a plastic bag containing brown stuff that looked like faeces. Haha... Well, we weren't very happy that the organisers hadn't cleaned out the room thoroughly before the event, but it was ok. We managed to find some clues and evidence, but missed out some. So we didn't win or get any of the pole positions.

It was a fun time though! And it brought me one step closer to knowing more about my dream job. So that was good. After that we went to Macs at Harbour Front for dinner. Duelled a bit with Sherman using his Yu-Gi-Oh deck. And then went home with Ann Liang.

That night I found out that my dad finally got the cable channels for soccer! So I watched all night and had a ball of a time. Soccermugger can finally come back for good! Here are the scores for that night's matches...

Sheffield 0 Chelsea 2, Arsenal 1 Everton 1, Bolton 0 Man U 4, Fulham 0 Wigan 1, Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 1, Portsmouth 3 Reading 1, Watford 0 Tottenham 0, Newcastle 0 Charlton 0, West Ham 2 Blackburn 1, Man City 1 Middlesbrough 0

And here are the champs leagues scores!

Barcelona 2 Chelsea 2, Levski Sofia 0 Werder Bremen 3, Spartak Moscow 0 Inter Milan 1, Bayern Munich 0 Sporting Lisbon 0, Liverpool 3 Bordeaux 0, PSV Eindhoven 2 Galatasaray 0, Roma 1 Olympiakos 1, Shaktar Donetsk 2 Valencia 2, Lyon 1 Dynamo Kiev 0, Real Madrid 1 Steaua Bucharesti 0, Benfica 3 Celtic 0, FC Copenhagen 1 Man U 0, Arsenal 0 CSKA Moscow 0, Hamburg SV 1 Porto 3, AC Milan 4 Anderlecht 1, AEK Athens 1 Lille 0

***

Well Sunday was YE's games day! And it was pretty exciting cos there was lots of weird stuff involved in the games that I'll talk about later. Before the games started I was supposed to be guarding the stuff downstairs, and it happened that the Chinese Cong. Youth were playing soccer right outside. I went outside to watch, and Melvin asked me to join in!

So I played my first soccer match in a long long time. I remember the previous times I played I was super off form and couldn't score even if the goal was open. This time I made no mistakes. One tap in, one long range strike (that took a deflection and went in) and a one-two with Ben Seow made for 3 awesome goals. At that moment of time I felt like Rooney woohoo... Like super off-form then come back with a hat trick! It was a good feeling.

The games for YE soon came and I politely asked the Chinese Cong people to vacate the area. Upstairs they were playing some dark room game and some dog and bone + bible verse game. I actually tricked Jian Sheng during the dark room game. He was supposed to be blindfolded and had to use chopsticks to pick up 4 M&Ms and 2 Marshmellows. After he'd finished he had to pick all the collected stuff up from the ground. His partner picked it up for him already but I tricked him by saying it was still there. And he really bent down to find the stuff. Haha it was pretty funny.

Soon we went down to the field to play water bombs and captains ball with squid. Pretty soon the games were over, and everyone was soaking wet. Was supposed to go service but... Went home with Daryl instead. My other bro was at home nursing his arm, my mom had a stomach ache and my dad had his back pains so they were all at home. So that ended a fruitful Sunday.

***

Well and the fun pretty much ends here! More serious stuff coming up in the next post... Some reflections, advice and reminding to do. So yup until next time guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!