Skip to main content

New Post

Youtube! Thank goodness for that thing... I've spent almost every single minute of free time watching stuff on it. Yugioh GX, Naruto to name some things. After that I'm going after Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach and probably Rave. Those who don't know much about anime I suggest you try one of these... You'll like it!

When you try to put yourself in the shoes of the character or imagine yourself in the story setting it can be quite beneficial to your imagination. It helps you escape from the real world once in a while and experience something new.

Its really quite amazing how intricate the plots are (Even though the main character always wins). The plot twists are way too good and are really well thought out. Thats what makes anime different from any other action show or cartoon. The part about the main character surviving is really predictable, but whether that person wins the fight or not is a whole new ball game. So those who haven't touched it yet, go see some anime.

I think I'll make the main character 'die' in my book to make it more exciting haha. More about the book later.

***

Added some new people. Michelle and Darren from X'PEIA, Si Rui and Kenny from S03H. Go check them out if you want.

www.searchformich.blogspot.com - Michelle Ho
http://users.livejournal.com/dar_/ - Darren Leow
www.imaginativeness.blogspot.com - Kenny Lim and Si Rui

Ahh just realised I haven't blogged on the class and OG blog for pretty long. I'll probably not since theres nothing much to talk about actually. The class blogs I go around checking either have too much nonsense or are too sentimental. Most likely its the former, given that ex RI guys are the main bloggers haha. No offense guys. I like the nonsense actually but there must be a balance, yes?

Just got the password for our joint cousins blog. So I'm supposed to contribute to 6 blogs in total now. Although all the rest are pretty much stagnant haha.

***

Eden-Sol

When I looked back on my previous post I realised I missed out Eden-Sol's second bible study. It was about persecution in the church and how believers just accepted the hardship that they went through, choosing to trust in God no matter what happened. It was pretty much straightforward. A few questions about the church in China were raised and I guess that was it.

Wailing talked a little about the healing service that a guy called T.B.Joshua was gonna have in Singapore and warned us about it. His previous service in the US was supposedly very freaky. It was called the "Blood of Jesus" service. And he claimed to have turned water into blood, cured people of their sickness instantaneously and drove demons out from some people's bodies. I heard that a lot a vomiting went on during that service as well. The bible said to guard youself from false prophets. So heres a warning to those who wanna go. Make sure this guy is really acting as a messenger of God and his teachings are based on the Bible.

After bible study we went to Marina Square to talk and eat. A lot of sensitive stuff, band future discussing as well as suanning went on. But we weren't allowed to play cards at the Coffee Club outlet we went to. So we ended up talking about random stuff and all.

Ordered a mudpie to share and it was pretty good! For some reason I took a pic of the mudpie. Must be because it looked so professional and stuff.


On friday we went to the airport to see Guoren off. He's going to Laos for CIP so we won't be jamming for pretty long. Yeah that day Sam got suanned pretty bad. I won't go into the details cos Sam probably doesn't want it.

Yeah but that day we bid farewell to Guoren and Eliza. And I said bye to Yong Sheng, Kevin and a few other people who were going on Laos and ODAC trip. Didn't get to say bye to the Cambodia people though. See ya guys soon! 3rd December right? After that we took a band photo!


Haha my hair's way too long. But here goes... Eden-Sol from left to right. Guoren, Samuel, Gabriel, Choon Wing and me!

***

YE

I had a pretty good time in YE, though there were a few problems in worship. But who cares? Everything is pleasing to God in its on way. As for message, what Uncle William talked about did touch me. Although I suppose my brothers were half asleep. Knowing stuff is not enough. Doing it is what counts. I've heard that so many times yet it slips from my head. Yes I do behave nice enough, and yes, I've done evangelism, and yes, I have helped in service.

But how much of it is for God, and how much of it is for me? I must admit recently I've been getting way too cocky for my own good though you guys may not see it. I think its a little side effect from being an MD. Having the impression I can control the music and I alone control it. But thats not the case. No matter what I do, God is in control, not me.

I realised that I was quite out of touch with the content of the bible. Since I was using inspirational devotion material like the Daily Bread I didn't have a chance to read the more content heavy books which I should have read with understanding a long time ago. So if you shoot bible trivia questions at me I'll most likely fail. So yeah have to work on these two aspects.

After YE I asked around for suggestions on the camp theme song. And there were so many responses that I don't know what to pick. I suppose praying about it would work. But if you guys have suggestions please give them to me.

Camp Theme: Fruit That Last
Camp Verse: John 15:16 - "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to bear fruit -- fruit that will last. Then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name."

The important points are in red. So I need the song to encompass these two points. Those with good suggestions please tag the board. If any of you guys from Eden-Sol are reading please help to suggest as well. Thanks!

And I finally got Deathnote 2! Thanks Choon Wing for the manga. And I finished it yesterday at the hospital while visiting my grandfather. I sorta pangsehed Paul and Rachel (sorry guys!) on Saturday to go see him, and I went down again on Sunday with my entire extended family. FYI my grandfather has low blood pressure and he's currently still in ICU despite his stable condition. So I'd appreciate it if you could pray for him thanks!

***

Soccer

Man City 3 Fulham 1
Arsenal 1 Newcastle 1
Chelsea 1 West Ham 0
Everton 1 Bolton 0
Portsmouth 2 Watford 1
Reading 2 Charlton 0
Sheffield 1 Man U 2
Middlesbrough 0 Liverpool 0
Wigan 0 Aston Villa 0
Blackburn 1 Tottenham 1

***

Random

K I got tagged by qq so I have to do this thing haha. Actually I really want to although the earlier sentence sounded quite reluctant. Thanks for giving me something to do besides watch anime on youtube haha.

Once tagged by this entry, the assignment is to write a blog entry of some kind with six random facts about yourself. Then, pick six of your friends and tag them; no tag backs. This explanation should be included.

1. Some people may find this weird... But I've only burped 16 times in my life before. Strange but true. And some more I take the effort to count how many times haha. My tally just increased yesterday after I burped twice. Thats random enough I guess?

2. Once at the airport some guy mistook me for a japanese. Haha couldn't really believe my ears when that guy approached me and spoke to me in jap. This happened after my trip to Korea I think. Do I look jap to you? I know a bit... And I guess I'm into the jap culture with all the gaming and anime stuff. But I don't dye my hair so outrageously like they do haha...

3. I have 3 smily faces stuck to the side of my desk. If you wanna see what the smily face looks like refer to my earlier posts haha. FYI the smily face is a mosquito patch which is supposedly able to drive mozzies away.

4. This one will probably make Kenny Lim excited. I've created my own set of moves that I use rarely while playing Chinese Chess. Its called Benlow's Ultimate defense haha. In this move I link my pieces so that the cannon on the left protects the horse on the right which protects the cannon on the right which protects the horse on the left which protects the cannon on the left and... You get the picture haha. Its pretty effective against noobs/amateurs but against pros it can get broken up way too easily. Don't tell you guys the weakness though. Go figure.

5. Not many people have seen me play whacko before... But those who have probably know I have a certain trick up my sleeve which I picked up. Its pretty useful but some people don't know. To confuse the whacker just call a name and point in another direction. Its pretty effective for me cos everyone would think "Benlow is a nice guy so he won't trick me" and then go in the direction I point and end up confused. Haha. So don't fall for it the next time I do it. Then again don't believe me. I may be using reverse psychology.

6. Wanna hear a long joke I learnt from my bros? JJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE. Is that long enough for you? Want a longer one?

K I won't tag anybody cos"Benlow is a nice guy so he won't trick me" haha. So I tag... Nah don't worry I wasn't going to use reverse psychology on you. Hope thats random enough for you guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!