Skip to main content

Memory Lapse...

Hey guys... Hope you guys had a fun holiday just as I did. But I got a memory lapse. Can't remember what I did the past week. Never mind... I'll recall slowly...

The first thing that comes to mind.... Pool! Yeah. On friday, the sec 2s dropped by my house after their outing to Orchard. Had pizza for dinner, and borrowed Top Spin from Om to let Shaunald and Marcus Ang play. Played a few rounds of pool with the sec 2s who came down to the pool room. Reversal of fortunes. Won all my matches. Scores...

Me 2 Darren 0
Me 1 Marcus Yong 0

After that it was guitar lesson, with Tim coming over. It was pretty much a fun time, except that Marcus Yong still didn't know how to find his notes fast enough. We played a few songs, including Heart of Worship, To the Ends of the Earth, Everyday etc etc. Well, after that the real fun started. After guitar lesson I logged on to my MSN, and Tim kinda hustled me off whilst I was talking to Mel Goh. You wanna know what happened? Ask Mel or Tim. I'm just thankful for the fact that...

1. I don't use emoticons
2. I don't use short forms

And when my bro took over and logged on to his MSN, Tim used my bro's MSN to talk to Rachel, Esther and Amanda. Tim did the same thing I guess. Hahaha. Well, nothing much happened after that. Just people threatening to punch Tim thats all. Haha. Tim spent a little time playing tennis with my bros on the PS2 after that.

Today... Was an interesting day. Started off with worship prac, where we did an awesome job with the songs, completing all four of them under 2 hours, which gave me quite some time to go to my next venue, St Andrew's Cathedral, to go perform in the anime fest organised by YFC.

I was quite impressed with the band that performed for anime fest. They performed two songs, the opening themes for two well known anime. Naruto and Cooking Master Boy. With their variety of instruments they still kept it neat and controlled. Kudos to them. After that it was our turn to perform. Had to wear a large bow tie. And you guys might want to try guessing the colour. Played Doraemon with Gabriel and Liang Ze... It was fun while it lasted. Just a bit embarrasing cos of the bow tie! XD Anyways the theme for the programme was Hero of Our Time, and of course, although in anime there's always a hero, but the main hero in the real world is... God! Yup.

Lets go back all the way to Tuesday... Had Eden-Sol practise. Before that, managed to chord all the songs we've did so far. Realise that we've already mastered 11 songs since we started out in the beginning of the year. Good job Eden-Sol. For tuesday's practice, we played Hero by Nickelback as well as Broken Wings by Alterbridge. Was praised for my bass run in Hero... But all praise to God! After that went home to do up a new band blog...

www.eden-sol.blogspot.com

Yup. Haven't updated the info at the right column yet, and haven't posted anything except a smilie there. But you can check out the blog to listen to Who Am I? by Casting Crowns, as well as read a few random verses. Also, you can check out the links, which include an online bible as well as a place that answers most questions you might have about Christianity. Well will try to post something soon. Hopefully my band mates beat me to it or something.

Wednesday... Had guitar prac, learnt one new song. And for some reason, I'm now playing guitar 1 for 2 songs, guitar 3 for 1 song and guitar 4 for 2 songs. Wah. Then during the concert I'll have to keep switching places. So you'll see me on the left or the right, depending on the song I'm playing. Haha.

After that, went for Raffles Rock CIP, where we had to help the Dreams Band, which would be playing for Raffles Rock concert. For your info, the Dreams Band is made up entirely out of Malay children from pool famlies, and they have no prior musical background. But with the 4 chords they know, they're able to compose so many songs. They have talent, but all they need are people to guide them and teach them music. So we went to Dreams @ Kolam Ayer to help with all we could. For me, I helped the bassist, taught her a bit about musical notes and about in betweensy kind of stuff. Hope it helped her... And we're gonna continue helping em. Yup.

Wells, thats all from me for now. See ya guys sometime soon. Smile! Although school's reopening again. Sigh. Hahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me