Skip to main content

Edition!

Hey! If you noticed I removed the bar at the bottom and replaced it with a song thingy! Its Heart of Worship, one of the most meaningful and inspiring songs for a church going, instrument playing guy like me...

I'll bring you more than a song
For a song in itself
Is not what you require
You search much deeper within
Through the way things appear...
You're looking into my heart!

Yup! Birthday shout out to Rach. Happy birthday. I nearly forgot about it! But hearing from Tim that you got an electric, I sorta remembered your birthday was somewhere round the corner. Wells... I'll give a shout out to you other YE people when your birthday comes! Yup.

Hmmm... Sunday was a day to remember. Took part in the passover! Its quite an act of significance, cos it is on that day after the last supper where Jesus was crucified. There were lots of elaborate rituals to follow, and each one had a meaning embedded deep within. It was quite a learning experience.

Was kinda bored after that cos everyone either went home or was practising for the Courtroom thing that they have to perform on the 14th April? Or is it 16th? Can't remember. Anyways, I'm only in charge of the money. Haha. I guess thats really important as well huh? Better be careful with the large amounts of cash.

Just came back from dinner... And if you guys watch the news, you may hear that someone jumped off a building along Bukit Batok St 52. Don't worry, thats not me. Haha. A 30 something year old woman jumped off the building opposite my house. Quite freaky. My cousin was on the roof playing tennis when he heard the loud thump.

Well, Monday was stay back for Junior ensemble prac day! It was kinda cool listening to them practise. I must say, some of them deserve to be in main ensemble. All they have to do is practise harder and learn more techniques. Some of them with very very good rhythm and technique can't read notes, so its quite sad that they can't join main. Had fun with Hyqel and his Doraemon, while tapping my feet to the swing rhythm. Sweet. Anyways, had publicity comm meeting after that, which wasn't much.

Tuesday was chem test. A test once you get back in school. I never expected it. I only got wind of it the day before, and though I mugged a bit, I guess 50 mins for 7 questions is not enough. Missed out on some parts of Q1 and Q4, and found out I got Q2 horribly wrong. I guess I'll pass, but not by too much. Hopefully. Hmmm... Some of my friends are quite depressed by it... Well, cheer up. Its not counted anyways.

Went for jamming, and it was awesome! We practised one song, but had way too much fun. Sam's church friend was there with his metal band, and they were quite intrigued by the way we played and showed stage presence. I guess Hero is quite an impressive song to play. Had roti-prata for dinner after that, and it was home by taxi.

Actually we had to sell Raffles Rock tickets today, but En Hui told us that the vice-principal hadn't approved of our publicity campaign yet.

Anyways, those who want to come down for...

19 April - Guitar Concert
21 April - Raffles Rock Concert

Please let me know via tagboard or email or SMS. If enough of you guys order, I'm sure I can get a discount. So keep the requests flowing...

Thats my week so far, hope every one else is having a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me