Skip to main content

hmm

3 posts to the 200 mark...

Can't believe it! Chelsea got trashed 3-0 by Middlesbrough! Haha. Quite funny. Especially since they Middlesbrough is a team who has been having a terrible losing streak. Arsenal drew 1-1 with Bolton, and Man U won 3-1. Liverpool won thanks to Sami Hyypia's goal, making it 1-0 against Wigan. Yup. Quite a fun week in the premiership I guess...

Watched a portion of my old childhood videos, the time when my entire dad's side went to pasir ris park and booked a chalet. Then again, we always used to go to the chalet at the end of the year. That was when I was 6 and my bros were only 3. Quite interesting seeing my old self. I'm glad I changed. Imagine wearing your pants and socks really high, and wearing overly sized glasses. That would be me when I was young. Haha. For some reason or another, everyone was wearing cartoon T-shirts. Mickey Mouse mostly. Haha. I miss those days cos it was so darn fun. But I'm really glad that I'm different now! The old me was pretty insensitive and selfish. Yup.

Hmmm... RJ Guitar is organising some kind of CIP selling balloons, and I was in charge of the Logs team. Had to get a gigantic helium tank weighing 40 kilos! Crazy right. Initially we got this place that sold the gas for 150 bucks, and we had to deposit 200 bucks as well. Whats more, they weren't willing to transport it for us. Luckily my mom had enough sense to tell me to use the yellow pages, and I got a much better price. 120 bucks to be exact, with no added deposit and no transport cost. Yeah! Well, hope RJGE's CIP project goes well. All you guys from RJ. You'd better come down and buy for the sake of charity! Haha.

Info:

Venue: Outside CCA storeroom, bottom right corner of canteen (If you're facing the food stalls)
1 balloon - $2
2 balloons - $3.50
Attach a personal message/card to your friend - Add 50 cents
Delivery service (To stay anonymous) - Add 50 cents (Good for those who are secret admirers, Haha)

PE is getting a lot more fun! Just the other day the PE teacher let us play indoor soccer on the 3rd floor of the Multi Purpose Hall. Teamed up with Azrin for 2 on 2 knockout matches with the rest of the class. We scored pretty nice goals each, and it was pretty fun. Did 40 push ups! Arms are pretty much sore, but ok I guess!

Friday... The day of the dreaded O Level Results release. I wasn't too worried actually. Maybe I was, but it was because I was worried for all my other friends who took the full O Levels. I was really hoping and praying that they would do well. When I took my results, and saw that I got B3, I was quite relieved cos Yang Chai Mei happened to freak us all out by saying some people failed, some even got F9. After that, well, had no courage to ask anyone in YE about their results. A bit paiseh I guess.

Feeling quite useless now. Can't seem to find the words to console those who haven't done that well in the O Levels. They need everyone's encouragement, including mine, but I just can't seem to find the correct words, those words that can renew the strength and willpower of the person in need. Trying to look to the bible for help...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39.

The bottom line is... He Loves You! No matter what may come your way, no matter what obstacles are in your path, no matter how you do in your exams, he loves you all the same, and he will look out for you no matter where you may go. Even if you score worse then everyone else you know, God doesn't care about that. He'll love you and guide you no matter what. Even though you may be having a tough time, spend time in the Lord's presence, and he will grant you strength and peace.

Hope that helped! Yup. Sorry if I didn't know how to console you earlier... Hope you're feeling better! And all of us still love you just the same, no matter what happens! Don't forget that we're always behind you, no matter what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.