Skip to main content
199th post!

Hate to start off the post before the 200th post with this kinda thing. But if I don't, I'd probably burst.

Why do I always feel that I'm at fault when worship prac isn't 100% perfect? Actually I don't really feel that all the time, but recently, especially today and for main worship last month. Everytime I'll ask myself these questions... Did it go wrong cos I played wrongly? Did I stress the WL too much? Was it because of the small things I did? Dunno why I'm thinking so much. This never happened before... And I'm seeing quite a weird connection between this kind of feeling and... Is it because of that? Feeling a bit weird and tingly now...

Forget I said that. I'll just have to pray about it and ask God for wisdom on what to do about it. And I have to remember to trust in him always.

Well... FA Cup match between Man U and Liverpool just finished. Liverpool won 1-0, thanks to a Peter Crouch goal in the 16th minute. The highlight of the match... Alan Smith was seriously injured during the last minute of the match, and Alex Ferguson had to substitute the substitute for Park Ji Sung. Hmmm... Tough. But I doubt it'd have a large effect on Man U. Yup.

Tried the Masterlife Youth Edition today. It was good! It puts across points in a very clear, concise fashion and helps direct us on the correct path. I like it! Hmmm... And its really really useful in order to find the places you are spiritually lacking and help in those places.

Went to watch Talentime! Quite cool. There were a total of 14 acts including 3 band performances. An evaluation of the bands... The first one was ok, quite neat, kept things simple, technically sound. Quite a bit of showmanship, so overall pretty much ok. The second one. Technically best! The drummer is pro, the lead guitarist is !!! pro and the bassist owns me. But... Not much teamwork amongst the musicians, song arrangements too complicated, leading to lack of neatness. Thumbs down for me. Last band... Punk Rock band. I guess even those who hated punk rock couldn't deny that the band was fun to watch. The showmanship was excellent, got the crowd moving, can see they were having fun. Quite neat, although some times out of tempo. Singing was excellent, but musicians were technically not as strong as the other bands. But I give this band three thumbs up! We've definitely got competition... Haha.

Watched 'Merchants of Cool'. One honest opinion. The media causes a vicious cycle... They look at the world around them, repackages everything in smaller parcels and then sells it back to the people. A result of that is that people get a narrow view about society around them.

For example in a society that the media takes notice of, there are a group of people who gain popularity by being physically attractive, yet there are people who are happy just the way they are. The media takes what they see and repackages these scenarios into small bits. As a result some people out there see only a small view of the world. They see that there are those people who gain popularity through being attractive, and thus believe that being attractive leads to being popular. Thus they set goals to be physically attractive. The media takes notice of them and repeats the cycle... Never mind if you don't get it. Haha. I don't get what I'm saying either.

Well... Really tired now after all that elaborating. Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.