Skip to main content

Sick...

I was wondering when my yearly sickness would come this year, seeing that I haven't gotten sick for such a long time, and the trend was to have one bout of major flu/cough/fever etc etc every year. Yup it has come, in the form of a 38.6 degree fever plus body aches, which started on saturday afternoon but was gone by today.

Haha this yearly sickness thing brings back memories, especially of the past 2 years.

Last year I had this sickness around april/may during my signals course. It helped me see the good side of a certain sergeant that everyone else seemed to dislike but I empathised with. When I got sick he treated me with a lot of care (maybe cos he knew I wasn't a kengster like some of my plt mates), even getting an ambulance to send me to tengah air base medical centre cos it was quite late at night. It was a real blessing seeing that even in the army such care was even given to a trainee.

Two years ago... Who can forget the string of smses sent by the loving people of 07S03H encouraging me to get better around feb/march when I was down with my bout of yearly sickness for 2007. I was really happy. And I miss them... Where are you guys???

Sometimes people see illness, sickness, no matter life-threatening or not as a curse, an unfortunate thing and something that prevents them from living life to the fullest. Well, its really not all bad, even if you're gonna die in an hours time; there always is a silver lining to that black cloud. It just takes real insight to see through that. =) I'm not saying its easy... But whatever your situation, just live life to your fullest, yeah?

I believe you're my healer
I believe you are all I need
I believe you're my portion
I believe you're more than enough for me
Jesus, you're all I need

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and ...

Of God and Demons

Now that'd I've put my last phase of life past me and have some more time to reflect cos I'm C+ for the second time, I feel that it's the correct time to do a bit more reflection about my past, especially the last couple of years. I've always thought that one of the counseling exercises practiced would be helpful for me to process what I've been going through - that is to personify my negative emotions. In a sense to experience that final bit of release from these emotions that have threatened me for a long time. To talk about the inner demons that I've been facing.  Wrath. The fiercest of them all, yet gentlemanly in some ways, calculative in others. People usually imagine wrath to be brawny, in your face and belligerent. But my Wrath is more sinister, sly even. Plotting the downfall of my enemies and using the knowledge that I have to exact vengeance. Over the months I have exerted control of him by reminding myself that only God has the right to judge. De...

Aikatsu

Have been engaging in a couple of new interesting hobbies to liven things up.  First off, chess of which I've started diving into to learn opening strategies and as part of that have started to watch official tournaments. Good way to stretch my thinking muscles. Second, watching netflix series in alphabetical order. Never know what interesting gems you uncover. I'm partway through stuff starting with the number 2, and its quite amazing how much you find about other cultures from this. Upcoming is a movie called 2 Weeks in Lagos, I think will be interesting cos I will get to learn more about Nigeria. I last watched a movie called 2 States which was about the clash in cultures between North and South India.   Third, watching soccer for the thrill and excitement. Letting this blog live up to its name.  Fourth, PS4. Finally finishing of Tales of Berseria and starting on Assassins Creed Origins soon.  Fifth, anime - the usual stuff I have never gone without since thi...