Skip to main content

18 and 8 days old

Happy birthday mom! Hope you liked the Ajisen dinner we went for. And thanks Gerald for buying that cheese cake for my mom. She liked it a lot. I think she's gonna make lots more yummy stuff for you to eat in future.

***

YE


Well, I'm 18 now... So went clubbing to just get the general feel of things. Some of you guys may have gasped... But I assure you that I didn't drink, and I just went to see something new! I'll never go again though, its not my cup of tea.


So some of of us went down to the Butter Factory, which is quite a small club. Me, Rach, Gerald, Paul and his gf. Nothing much to do there except see people dance (well they at least try to) and look at all the strobe lights whirling around and stuff like that. Jon and Eugene joined us later after booking out of camp for the nat day holidays.


The thing that surprised me was that there was a small region in Singapore just dedicated to clubs. All the hoo-hah about Singapore being a conservative society isn't totally true after all. It was something I'd never expected or seen before. The architecture's very good! Here are some pics.




Beautiful Fountain!





The shelter above us... Nice!

One thing that amused me was the themed clubs. One example is Clinic, which is a club made to look like a hospital. In the inside, its all hospital beds and wheelchairs for seats. And the inside is decorated just like a mortuary with all the metal chambers for storing dead bodies. Yeah that kinda thing.

***

S03H

The day before that there was the national day celebrations in school. Ate lunch in the canteen, then joined the guys for a round of Mahjong at A64. Didn't win many games though. Hmm Leonard How joined me, BenZ, Leonard Loh, Kevin, Chris and Sam from S03H, and we played for quite some time. BenZ kept on winning lol.

Soon it was 5:30pm, and most of us guys went down to get the food for the class. Some of the S03H people sat above the mini-canteen. It was a really nice feeling sitting there actually. Looking at the sky and enjoying the food and company, with music in the distance and singing along to all the familiar songs.

The concert was ok. It was good, entertaining fun. MR got third. BW and BB tied for first. Quite sad. In all my years as a Morrison or MR member my house has never won.


Haha never mind. On to the good stuff. I've finally found a scholarship that's actually useful in my case. The PSC Open-Med Local Scholarship. Registration opens 1st September, and I'm very excited about applying. But I think I'd better do a bit of research into it first. Wish me all the best!

***

Next post:
Faith! ~ Another post just for YE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.