Skip to main content

I Caught A Glimpse Of Glory!

4 posts to 300!

***
Random
Ok so while the house has been renovated, I've been up to some thing that most people would probably not do nowadays cos of the presence of an alternative source of entertainment: the comm. But I sat down for a couple of hours... Just to do these:

RJGE ex-exco should find this one familiar! It was the present that the ex-ex-exco gave us when they left.

Beautiful isn't it? The Sec 3s helped out a bit for this one. Thanks heh.
Next one will be a 1000 piece toughie.
Oh a joke I heard from Vivek:

BenLow: Woo I took 1 year to finish this puzzle! Good right?
Vivek: Eh this puzzle only have 50 pieces, and you take 1 year to finish?
BenLow: Yeah 1 year. Thats quite good what.
Vivek: Huh???
BenLow: Look at the box. It says 2-3 years. I do in 1 year already very fast what.
Errrr....

***

Family

Renov Pics!
My messy desk during the renovations.
And covered in cling wrap.

The guitars in their protective covering.

I got a bed extension. Sofa bed got shifted into my room.
Well, if you guys wanna see the result of the renovations... You can come any time next week. But the place is still awfully messy. Volunteer help to pack up is welcome heh.

***
S03H

This week has convinced me thoroughly that God is a wonderful and awesome God. He can bring together mere strangers just to glorify His name. Glimpse of Glory exemplified that. It was just last friday, one week ago when I recieved a call from Sam, asking me whether I'd be interested in playing for a small worship. He didn't give much details, but I remembered a commitment I'd made.

"I played for God and no one else. It reminded me why I joined guitar in the first place. To be a tool, a vessel to proclaim God's name." ~ Post on May 7th

And so though I didn't have much details, I decided to accept. And that was the start of a new and wonderful journey. Sam's instructions were to wait for a call or message from someone named Esther, or Annabel, the head of SV, who was helping to plan the event.

I waited... Saturday came, and Sunday went. And it was monday. In the evening, I got a message from Esther. The meeting was set for the next day, 2:20pm. It was something new and exciting for me... I was really excited, and prayed fervently about the appointment. And so lugging my classical with me, I met her and we practised for Glimpse of Glory.

For some reason I felt really at ease though I'd never seen her before. It was one of the most surprising things God did, cos around strangers I'd never say much. I went with an open heart, and went home full of joy (though my bass was still stuck in the MEP room).

The comm came down to pray, and I got my first shock. Besides the SV leaders Annabel and Dylan, and Esther and myself, there was someone else familiar there. RJGE mate Michelle was there. I was surprised. Well she was supposed to be sharing after the worship. So we prayed together and commited the event to God.

On the day itself (today), we met just for a final practise and headed down to LT6, and since it was occupied, we used one of the nearby seminar rooms. Esther was clearly very excited and a bit jittery. Well, so was I. After all, I'd be playing for a group of total strangers, and alone (not in a band) as well. But in the prayer just before the event, I laid it all down, and that was great.

The event passed in a flash. I made a couple of new friends. Another Michelle, a J1 named Weiren, and another J1 named Clarissa (Or was it Larissa?). I spent some time sharing about Eden-Sol, the attempted class cell with Weiren, and he encouraged me by talking about his class cell consisting of only 3 people. Well, I think S03H should start small as well. I'll try again!

After the event, the six people who helped out met and discussed things over. The Michelles, Esther, Annabel, Mabel (another fellow RJGE mate) and me. And we all agreed it was a great initiative that should be continued, except with a J1 commitee in charge. I went home full of praise in my heart. Once again, God had used all of us mightily and in a wonderful way.

Through this journey I surprised myself. I was quiet, but when needed, I could definitely talk. I am sometimes passive, but I can push away everything else just for a cause I deem important. And even in the most tiring periods, I could just drop everything and praise the Lord. And all this I definitely did with God's help.

Let us be one voice, declaring that you reign!

Well, I've just had my final June Hol break ever ever, and now its my final House Meeting ever ever. In all my years as an MRian... I guess I've contributed enough. CChess, IChess, RI Drama Feste. An interesting thing to note was that all my years in school, I've always been in a blue house. Blue is definitely my colour heh.
The MR house comm and the presentation.
Hmm a closer (but blur) look at the house comm.

I guess thats it. One by one things will start to fade, but one by one new things will appear. And though its difficult, its one of the beautiful things of life and nature. Metamophosis.

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.