Skip to main content
3 posts to 400!

***

Family

Today I had to do something I never did before: sneak into my own house heh. My parents were out, and Daryl was supposedly at home. I went to the front door and rang the bell a couple of times, but it turns out that Daryl was asleep.

Its a good thing I live on the ground floor. So I climbed the fence surrounding the patio and infiltrated my own house. The sliding doors were shut, but thankfully, not locked, and I made it in without anybody seeing me. (I hope.)

Wanted to strangle him but seeing that he was so peacefully asleep, I spared him. He is quite adorable when asleep.

Lesson: Always bring a key. Or make sure your brother sleeps early at night.

***

S03H

Results: BCCDD

While I'm kinda glad I finally upped my econs grade from E to C, the rest of the grades dropped haha. Well, if I said the papers were super mega bomb hard, I'd be lying. But its true that they weren't easy.

GP
Maintained it at a B. Can't seem to break the A barrier, and it seems like its a problem with the compre, as usual. Not sure why I don't seem to get the A. Guess I need some professional advice? Consulting aunty Elma sounds pretty good...

Key to success ~ Consult the expert.

Econs
The paper I'm most satisfied with, due to my improvement. I realise that to get good marks, all you have to do is give a clear evaluation of both sides of the story when needed, as well as interpret data accurately. I think Pearly was a bit lenient in her marking, so my marks may actually be lower than observed. My micro is pretty good, except for definitions. Its my macro thats a bit messy. A bit confused about certain things like monetary policies. I think I may need help from aunty Elma for this one too.

Key to success ~ Get the concepts right, consult the expert.

Chem
D. A bit disappointed, cos I was kinda confident of retaining a B. One thing I realised was that practising TYS was no help whatsoever. The questions given in the CT were definitely higher level. Some of my concepts have gotten a bit blurry. Didn't refer to the notes during revision, but to my simplified notes instead, believing that I could recall all the facts. My bad.

Ahh was pretty careless as well. Didn't consider all the possibilities for certain questions. One thing I believe is that I can work on it myself and improve on it, with all the great help from the chem department. Looked through the schedule, and realised it is gonna help us tremendously. One thing that was good was the speed at which I did questions (but regrettably didn't check to correct wrong concepts that I may have written at the speed I went).

Key to success ~ Be more careful and read through the notes thoroughly next time.

Bio
Aww man the most disappointing of it all. Could have got B. Yes, the markers were a bit stingy with the marks, even with the keywords you may get marked down if you got the concept wrong. But, I could have done better if I'd read through the notes more thoroughly and remembered the key facts more accurately. Phrasing the answer wrongly though I knew the basic concepts probably did me in.

I'm a bit worried for bio, cos when I look at bio department's plans I'm unsure if any benefits could be reaped from it. Need more bio practise too. Totally didn't practise at all, so the key words weren't fresh on my mind.

Key to success ~ Read through the notes thoroughly next time and practise

Maths
Probably the one I'm most confident for. Though I got a C, I thought the paper was tougher than all the others. I can definitely get A for this one without much of a problem. Need to work on my detection skills a bit more, and it comes with more practise. With more practise papers, I can do it.

Key to success ~ Practise

H3 Bio
The subject with the most question marks (in terms of whether I can do well or not). To tell the truth, the previous H3 bio test I didn't study, and I got an E. Which is quite ok IMO. I believe if I study it at least a week before, I'll be able to be better. I can only comment about this after the next test that will be next thursday.

Key to success ~ Mug

Ok those are my plans for the coming Prelims! Lord, thank you for these results, and showing me how to improve so that I can glorify Your name. I believe that at the prelims, I can do much better with Your strength!

***

Random

For some reason I've gotten inspiration from all the parables Jesus told. So I shall tell one myself.

~Parable Begins~

There was once a group of enthusiastic bird-watchers. Every other week or so, they would come together to discuss about their latest findings as they travelled in the surrounding jungle. Most of the times, they would have lots of things to share, and everyone was encouraged by the advances each of them were making, they supported each other in their growth of knowledge, and encouraged each other by talking about their successful endeavours while looking at the birds.

But gradually, instead of sharing about what they had learnt from exploring, and about the wonder and beauty of the birds that they had found, they began to talk about other things. For example, they asked questions like these:

"What exactly is a bird?"
"Why do birds exist?"
"What came first? The bird, or the egg?"
"How many birds are there in all?"

They debated for hours over the questions raised, and could find no answers. Each of them had his/her own opinion, and no conclusion was reached. One by one, they left, unable to clear the questions and doubts off their minds.

~Parable Ends~

Cryptic? Yes I know. If you want to know the meaning behind it, talk to me on MSN! =)

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.