Skip to main content

Dear Ben Low, how are you ToDaY.?

Feeling quite blessed now, thanks to a couple of things that have happened over the past few days. Its a mixture of many things from many sources, but its made me feel really needed, and really happy.

***

S03H

Situation #1

On Friday Chris brought his guitar down to school to practise for his shooting 'graduation'... There were a couple of songs that he and his friends from shooting wanted to perform, and he asked me for help.

These were the songs:
Flying Without Wings ~ Westlife
Best In Me ~ Blue
My Wish ~ Rascal Flatts

We went to the mini canteen for lunch after classes had ended, and he let me listen to the MP3s and I figured them out for him. Spent quite some time, and eventually finished at about 3 something. I felt real happy cos I was able to use the skills I've been given to contribute wherever I can. As a result I felt needed, I felt that God had used me in a great way for the sake of my dear friends.

***

YE

Situation #2

Worship practise was on the next day in the morning. Initially me and Tim had planned to meet early to do the one-on-one mentoring thing, but since practise was moved one hour earlier, we decided to meet on another date.

Instead, we came early to practise for youth service the next day. We spent some time choosing the songs to suit the entire congregation, and I was really glad that there seemed to be no stress for everyone. (Perhaps only Aunty K was stressed out) I realised while I played the songs, there was this weird feeling within me, this relaxed feeling that came only when I played for worship.

God was clearly using me, using my skills once again, like He always did. I had never felt that weird feeling that intensely before, but I was glad that I felt it, cos it reminded me that even though I was unworthy, he still could use me in such a wonderful way.

Situation #3

Aunty K had called me to prepare a testimony regarding how God had blessed me using YE. Well initially I had a long script prepared, which I tried to memorise. To tell the truth ever since the time I went up to speak to the congregation for the first time (when announcing for a church camp long ago), I never expected to have to do it again.

On Sunday, when it was time for me to go up and share, I brought up my script with me, the things that I had rehearsed over and over in my head... Were gone. Instead, when I stepped up onto stage, a feeling came over me and I shared from my heart. The things I had to say did follow the points in my script vaguely, but the content was sorta different. Only after did I realise that God had used me once again. The feeling was wonderful.

***

Random

Situation #4

I was really surprised that God blessed me once again, especially since I had fallen sick. While I was at home, drinking down huge cups of water, taking strepsils and pills in the hall, my phone rang like crazy. Turns out that a couple of my friends from class mass SMSed me a message...

Sam Wong ~ Dear
Leonard ~ Ben
Kevin ~ Low
Charissa ~ how
Lawrence ~ are
Chris ~ you
Alan ~ ToDaY.?

The feeling flooded back into me again. God had used me to bless my friends, and in turn they were blessing me back with that string of messages. It made my day.

***

The realisation that each and everyday I was being used in wonderful ways that I could not imagine dawned upon me. Even in the little acts I did, not only the huge contributions, had God used me to bless everyone around me. To see the fruits of all that come full circle, all because of my willingness to be used, was the greatest gift ever God could give me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.