Skip to main content

Your Fragile, Folded Wings

Kinda happy cos I've been following my schedule and been on task (most of it). Some things to gripe about include my laziness = not going to gym most of the time, and instead replacing it with home done exercises. (Push ups, inclined push ups, sit ups, crunches, stretching etc etc)

And the time I spend on PS tends to exceed the expected 2hrs. Other than that, everything's going along great. I should really take some time off to meet some of my friends though. Feeling a bit socially deprived. Planetshakers!!!

***

Family

Renovations are almost underway... Just a few preparations here and there, shifting furniture and packing my bro's belongings to do before we welcome the contractors in to do the work. The hall's super messy now, and looks like I've got a couple of additions to my room heh. Wondering where I can go to study once it begins next week.

Maybe the reading room at the clubhouse? JE library? BB library? We'll see.

Twins are coming back tomorrow 6pm, flight no SQ 175 if I'm not mistaken. If you're gonna get them don't go to the wrong terminal! (I'm not sure which one though.)

***

Piano

Piano lessons are up and running again. Results of theory exam haven't come back yet... So in the time being I'm just treating it as a relax session to get my mind off mugging. At least its something else to work on besides the quota system hmm.

Pieces:
Sonata in Eb (Hoboken XVI:49) Movements 1, 2 and 3 ~ Haydn
Sonata in C (K. 330/300h) Movement 1 ~ Mozart
Impromptu (Op. 25) ~ Arensky

My teacher gave birth to a girl! The last time I saw her she was crying. (The baby, not my teacher duh.) Might me my fault cos I rang the doorbell.

***

YE

The speaker Elaine was absolutely spot on with regards to lots of things. And the most important one IMO is the one about the word. Any sign you recieve, any advice that you believe is God-breathed, check it with the Bible. If the sign or advice is right, it shouldn't conflict with the scriptures. I believe in YE different people have different problems with regard to listening to God's voice.

One problem is even hearing God's voice, another problem is knowing whether it is actually God's voice, and the last problem is doing what God's voice tells us to do. No matter what the problem, do work hard on it! You guys can overcome all odds!

The guys came over to my house to watch the tennis finals between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer. Nadal won 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4 if my memory didn't fail me. I predicted an exciting 5 set match, but it only went to 4 sets. Federer was playing horribly with over 50 unforced errors, missing 10 break points in the first set alone.

Most of the guys were Federer fans. Which made me a bit uncomfortable. Cos I kept hearing the words d*** and s***. Everytime that happened I cringed. Didn't want to scold anyone though. But if you guys are reading this... Stop it please. Sooner or later you should control yourselves.

***

Random

Another amazing bleach song that I find very good. Hope youtube doesn't delete the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SMCrl2WbzQ&mode=related&search=

Some lyrics for you guys.

Alones by Aqua Timez

Intro = Chorus

Verse 1

Izen to toshi no bion ga toutsuu
Hearing your sweet voice didn't always hurt
Uchigawa ni tomoru ga osoku
It's too late to block it from the inside
Toki wa ubau ni koukanosha un ga arya to wa urahara ni
I want to take back our time but luck and karma are against me
Tarinai kotoba no hitomi no ma ni de umetanain darou
There are no words, but your eyes can't hide what you want to say
Mou wakaranai yo
I don't even know any more...

Pre-Chorus

Semete umero, wakatta?
Try to bury it deep down, okay?
Jiyuu ni oyogetara anna sora mo iranai no ni
We don't need the sky if we're free to swim
Kinou made no koto wo
Even if you won't talk about yesterday
Iitsubusanakutemo asa ni mukaeru no ni
I'll still be there to meet you tomorrow

Chorus

Oreta awai tsubasa
Your fragile, folded wings
Kimi wa sukoshi aosugiru sora ni tsukaretadake sa
Are just tired from the pure blue sky
Mou dareka no tame janakute
You don't have to force your smiles for anyone
Jibun no tame ni waratte ii yo
Its okay to smile... For yourself

Heh got the lyrics from the subbed vids. Not sure if they're accurate though. But its a great song! Enjoy, and happy mugging!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!