Skip to main content

What If?

YE

Have been going to lots of outings with the YE people, including a movie outing, a couple of pool outings, a few house visits, and of course the normal YE sessions. But to me the most entertaining is still visiting Settlers Cafe , which is a board game cafe with a large array of uncommon board games. Hmm would like to bring some people from S03H there some day. I think they'll enjoy it thoroughly.

Went to play 2 board games: Shadows Over Camelot & Betrayal At The House On The Hill. Both of them are great, entertaining games but Betrayal, being a Wizards Of The Coast game, had a few elements of a horror movie put inside and that made all of us quite uncomfortable. My bad... Should have done a bit more research before suggesting the game. Shadows of Camelot was good, but I think it has low replayability value compared to some other games I've seen.

For description of the games, go to www.boardgamegeek.com
For information on Settler's Cafe, go to www.sg.settlerscafe.com

Well, anybody interested in going down to Settlers? S03H and guitar people are welcome to ask if you're curious about the place and wanna go.

***

Reflection

Its quite weird but I've asked myself the question "What If...?" quite a number of times over the past few weeks, in light of certain events that have been happening. Well and since I haven't been reflecting much, I've decided to do one for this post.

What if... I were born into a Catholic family and not a Christian family? This question came to me while Uncle Seto was talking about the difference between Christianity and Catholicism. Sometime I wonder. Would I be different? In terms of the way I conduct myself? Would I have the same belief in God as I do now? Would I be this fervent? Would I have gained these skills and talents that I have now?

What if... I were an anime character? The thing I wonder about is whether I'd be the protagonist or the antagonist. What skills would I have? Would I be a passive or active fighter? How would I fall in love? Will I die an honourable or terrible death in battle? Would I be a mentor to others? Would I kill? Why would I fight to protect, or to destroy? Would I be left alone and hurt? Haha sorry bout that. Hangover from Naruto watching.

What if... I were to die or get hurt suddenly one day? Just like dear Thaddaeus from RJC? The Korean man who fell from the penthouse of block 26? Like the woman at Stirling Road and the man at Whampoa Street? The woman who was killed by a falling tree at Bukit Batok Nature Reserve? Who will miss me? Who will remember and cherish my existence? Will anybody mourn my death for the rest of his/her life?

Well, one thing is for certain. God put me where I am for a reason. And thats what I have to find. Though I may wonder, I know that what is important is in the present, and what I can do now, and when I should do it is more important than what I would've done if I were in another situation.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

A time to be born and a time to die

A time to plant and a time to uproot

A time to kill and a time to heal

A time to tear down and a time to build

A time to weep and a time to laugh

A time to mourn and a time to dance

A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them

A time to embrace and a time to refrain

A time to search and a time to give up

A time to keep and a time to throw away

A time a tear and a time to mend

A time to be silent and a time to speak

A time to love and a time to hate

A time for war and a time for peace."

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

***

Random

My list of post CT things to do! (In chronological order I hope)

1. Watch Naruto Shippuuden
2. Watch Oceans 13
3. Go pool
4. File all the loose worksheets from practice and revision
5. Add songs to my phone
6. Maintain the church file
7. Start working out on tues, weds or fris in school
8. Eden-Sol jamming?
9. Watch HP5
10. Read HP7

Next post: Renovation pics!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!