Skip to main content

Just for YE

This post is for all YE members!

***

Everyone!

Heh umm I'm not really sure why I decided to dedicate a post to YE. But I think I've got lots of things to say...

Well lets start with GDOP shall we? Kinda lonely cos I was the only YE person who went. But no matter! It was somewhat like last year, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The amazing thing was that God held back the clouds. We could see flashes of lightning in the distance, and it seemed like the clouds were making their way towards the stadium. But just as it was about to reach the stadium they stopped.

During the prayer process there were lots of songs, lots of cheering for God and of course lots of intercession. Praying for the country, praying for society, praying for the world. I went to GDOP with a purpose. I wanted to know what vision God wanted for YE, and also the worship team. And I believe God gave me an answer. Actually 2 answers.

1. YE has to learn to be more open.

Well, not in terms of friendships. That we're doing pretty well. The openess I refer to is the kind of unity that makes you unafraid of sharing your deepest secrets, your emotional problems, your school life, your spiritual journey with others in YE you don't know so well (especially your leaders and mentors). Sometimes, its this openess that allows you to say something if you think theres something wrong.

Thats where I believe we're lacking. Sometimes we share things within our circle of friends. But when prayer is needed, the more people, the better! And if its rebuke, say it to the person so that they know what they've done wrong. Its quite pointless rebuking the person without letting him/her know right?

Well some people do try and ask about other people's spiritual growth, but others (me for example) are extremely shy. Haha while we want to know whats going on in your life, we'll probably not ask in case we probe too much and hurt your feelings.

Well, I'll try initiating something for YE worship to help with that. But I'll have to discuss it with the leaders first.

2. YE has to learn to act more God centred. (That means I don't doubt your focus on God, but some actions don't speak the right way. Savvy?)

This one I have to be a bit more harsh. I think I'll have to post occasional warnings...

For starters, some of the things you guys say are just not right. Stop using the word d***. Stop using any vulgarities for that matter (Eden-Sol you guys too). I've heard it lots of times. Stop using the phrase OMG (even when on an MSN convo). Substitute it with something else. I know sometimes you guys want OMG to refer to Oh My Goodness. If so, say that instead of using the short form.

Cos OMG can mean Oh My God. Never use God's name in vain or for something as silly as an exclamation.

Another thing. Stop gossiping. Please don't say this guy's gf is so and so, this gal's bf is so and so and so. You'll end up hurting one another and if you do actually love that person it'll harm your relationship. Yeah, also, gossiping affects the openess stated above. If everyone keeps talking about it behind a person's back, the person wouldn't dare to say it aloud in the first place.

Lets start with these 2 things ok? Not asking you guys to change overnight, but try and change. These things are habits that aren't easy to change, but try your best k? Its for your own good.

Ok besides that... I love you guys! I wanna see you guys not only have a good time in YE with your friends, but to grow into mature Christians as well! So take my advice, k?

***

Leaders!

Well... I've had lots of guidance from you guys over the past few weeks... And I definitely have to say a word of thanks to everyone. Aunty K, David, Gerald, Shirley, Tim. Thank you! Now I see my path very clearly.

I believe God wants me to move deeper into worship, perhaps even into worship leading. Aunty K made me realise that. And I believe God also wants me to be a prayer warrior. Last year... During Eden-Sol concert we prayed so much that I think I've gotten enough experience to pray and intercede with confidence. But I think I'll only begin doing these things after my As and my first few weeks in NS. It'll be tough picking it up again if theres a sudden break.

To be a leader in YE worship. I know it won't be easy. Patience, gentleness, firmness. I'm still trying to find a balance. Tim, Gerald and Shirley have shown me the importance of that. The ability to influence. David showed me that I do have that. Now to learn how to use it wisely.

I'm looking forward to the near future. I think it'll be very interesting and fufilling!

***

Worship Team!


You guys are doing extremely well in terms of musicality (proud of you guys =), but remember, as part of the worship team, the eyes of the rest of YE will be on you. So whatever things you do, they'll learn and try to emulate you. If you do good things... Good! Then YE will do good as well. But if you do bad things... You know what will happen. So each and everyday, check your actions, and do what is right in God's eyes. If you do that, it should be fine. Yup so try and do what Tim asked us to do for starters ok?

Yup. Another thing. To tell the truth, instruments don't really matter. So if you wanna upgrade your guitars or instruments and so on and so forth, its really up to you (though not encouraged). Cos its the hearts of the people in worship that is important, not the quality of the music.

Even if you buy a better pedal, a better amp, a better guitar, a better mike, a better set of drums, a better keyboard, it wouldn't mean a thing if we don't lead them into a time of worship, and their hearts aren't prepared for worship.

So any musso out there, if you decide to get new equipment I'm fine with it, but get your spiritual self in check as well! Thats what's really important! =)

***

Childhood friends!

I think this pretty much sums up everything.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

Though sometimes I may offend some of you guys, though I may say some insensitive things, I do it only because I care for your spiritual growth. Please forgive me if you still bear any sort of grudge against me. Please bear with me if I do it again. Talk to me if you feel unhappy, and it will be easier to sort out. Then we can see each other's view, and understand each other better, yes?

The retreat reminded me of how I got to know most of you guys better. And you were the ones who began talking to me, and that gave me the confidence to relate with others better. I owe you guys so much...

Some of you guys have intentions of going abroad, yes? Let me know if you really are ok?

***

Hmm this is starting to sound like one of Paul the apostle's letters.

If you've read this and think it makes sense, please spread it to another member of YE! Oh and if you can quote verses in the bible to support what I've said above, that'll be good. Post the verse on the tagboard (leaders can join in too). I'll start searching for some of them as well! Do tag the board with responses to this post too! We need to be more open, so any opinion, even one against, is welcome!

I think I'll keep posting YE posts like this if you guys find it useful or meaningful! Let me know if you do.

See ya guys soon. God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!