Skip to main content

CMI CNY

Well, the pass week has been kinda normal for me. And some pretty good news for myself... I've managed to reduce my to-do-list to only 2 items... One of them's the maths tutorial that's kinda over due, and the other is the remnant of my piano homework, which constitutes 4 more exam papers. Kinda proud of myself for the productive new year. Haha all thanks to my cousin Serene actually. You'll find out why later.

***

Soccer

Champions League fixtures!

Celtic 0 AC Milan 0
PSV 1 Arsenal 0
Lille 0 Man U 1
Real Madrid 3 Bayern Munich 2
Barcelona 1 Liverpool 2
Inter Milan 2 Valencia 2
Porto 1 Chelsea 1
Roma 1 Lyon 1

Some pretty exciting matches. Watched the Porto Chelsea and Barcelona Liverpool ones yesterday morning. Liverpool won? Haha pretty strange I think. But I think Frank Rijkaard made some pretty poor subs. The only noticable one was Eidur Gudjohnsen, but even so he shouldn't have subbed Saviola out. Looking at match stats now... Barcelona should've won. They had 11 shots total (compared to 6 from Liverpool) and had two-thirds of the possession.

Had fun watching those though.

***

YE

This was pretty long ago... But last wednesday Gerald came over for pool! Haha pretty cool yes? And you guys remember what day it was right? V Day! So he came over and spent Valentine's Day night with us.

We played a couple of rounds of pool. Here are the scores.

Me 0 Gerald 1
Me 2 Daryl 1
Me 1 Darren 0

Pretty ok. Was quite on form that night. Thanks Gerald for spending V. Day with us guys. Haha the night was really great, save for a really worrying message from one of my close friends. Yeah but I guess he kinda resolved it himself so its ok. Can't reveal anything else to you guys though. Glad I could advise you.

Other than that, I've been neglecting YE outings over the CNY holiday, which is really quite sad. The only few YE faces I've seen over the new year are the Ghuis (Fiona Nat) who nicely came to visit my house. Kim and her dad, who were buying flowers. And lastly the Leongs (Grace and Felice) while at aunty Dora's house.

Hmm miss YE! Haven't seen them in ages. Even when I've seen them I haven't been talking much to them. Grrrr piano lesson! I'm waiting for the very moment it ends. 10th March here I come...

***

S03H

I suppose the transition back to school was pretty ok. As always the monotony has picked up again... Meeting the same old friends, doing the same old thing, thinking about the same old stuff.

Lets recall something more exciting shall we?

Take.5 was really well planned in my opinion. Kudos to the organising commitee. Never thought I'd say this, but the councillors who did this have my utmost respect. I was kinda shocked that after the entire thing was over and I was standing near the stage, the councillor nearest to me started to tear and cry. Scary! I thought I'd done something bad haha. Yeah but I think some of them cried of relief, of happiness that everything went so well.

Take.5 started for me on Thursday night. Took a bus with Mam and Indra down after H3 bio to check out the preparations, as well as rehearse and stuff. When we got there I was kinda expecting the bouncy castle to be ready but too bad it wasn't. Got there and saw the awesome stage! It looked really good.

ATP on stage!

Yup so before rehearsal started we went to get some prata at the nearby prata house, and I ordered some weird thing called Maggi Prata to see what it actually was. And it was actually maggi mee inside a normal prata plus cheese, eggs and onions. Cool huh.




Heres the place.


So we waited all the way to about 8 plus for our own rehearsal. After most of the other bands had gone, we took the stage and played our hearts out. It was kinda boring after that so me and Vivek took a ball from somewhere and started kicking it around and playing basketball with it. Yup other than that I borrowed Indra's drumsticks and practised a little. Haha trying to be a muli-tasking band person.

The next day got to CCAB relatively early, and sat down on the red track... Big mistake for those people wearing their white school pants or green skirt. Cos the track stuck to the bottom of the pants or skirt. Kenny Lim got owned pretty bad. So after breaking the world record for eating the most people eating oranges at one time, some of S03H went off to play frisbee.

Was already in my PE attire so I got onto the hockey pitch with BenZ and threw the frisbee around. Waited and waited for S03H's first match to start... But it was too late! Aswin came to tell me that Vivek and Mam were expecting me at the toilets near the hockey pitch. So I didn't get to play frisbee after all. So changed up and headed to the stage...

We were quite early, so Crunch (one of the organisers) was pretty pleased with us. And after Triad we got really pumped up. One more act, and it was gonna be us on the stage. So we went upstage, started performing... And suddenly poof the sound system blew once again. Exactly the same thing that happened on Talentime elimination around. Woo slacked around on stage a bit...
Finally the system got fixed and we got on with our performance. And in the end we got kudos from the judges for being so versatile even under pressure after a major setback. Sat back and watched the rest of the performances from the right of the stage. Overall talentime was good, especially the atmosphere.

During the last intermission went with Zheng to go watch the penalty shoot out for the soccer finals. And in the end after numerous penalty kicks, Zhe Han scored the winning one, giving him and his team the victory. Congratulations to him.

Soon the time for the prize giving came... And soon it came to the band category... Consolation went to ATP and Rubberband. Which was really quite sad because they really do have very good people in their bands. We won third prize, Elvis won second, and Triad deservedly first. Hmmm... Disagree with the entire ranking in the end, but I guess we can't argue with the judges if they have different preferences from the student population.

Yup and The Irony Of It All won an extra prize because we were super sporting. Even after every single performance when the sound system seemed to blow we always persevere and continue to do that thing we do. And I guess the talentime commitee wanted to apologize for the things that happened and commend us for still continuing on despite the problems.

So in the end we got 2 big bars of chocolates and 100 dollars of HMV vouchers. Not bad... It was a really memorable day. Glad I could contribute to it!

***

Family

CNY wasn't really hyped up this year. Just went around visiting lots and lots of people. Glad I could meet all my cousins. Especially those from my mom's side. You guys remember Jomel right? Yup on the third day we went to her house and played around with her MSN and played some bridge. The first and second day was spent visiting my dad's side, and then my mom's side.

For some reason I didn't appreciate CNY as much as I did last year. Probably cos I think the process of celebrating CNY is much too tedious. And although you get to meet all the people you haven't seen for a long time, its a bit too awkward for me.

Hmm played a bit of Mahjong for all three days. Lost about 7 dollars in total. Quite ok considering I was playing against high level opposition.

Haha and on the second day me and Serene sat down to do a bit of our homework. I did chem and she did econs. So whilst the adults were all playing mahjong and the kids were all playing jim rummy, we were trying our best to cut down on outstanding homework. And the result... That night when I got home I was inspired enough to finish almost everything else on my homework list haha.

***

Leisure

Over the CNY hols me and bros borrowed a pretty nice game from Serene. Dynasty Warriors 5! We'd played DW4 before so it wasn't much of a big challenge. The new characters are pretty cool. I like Cao Pi! Not the real person but the character's cool double sword technique. For those who don't know what Dynasty Warriors is its a real time battle strategy and fighting game based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Most of it is factually accurate yup.

Trying to get Cao Cao now... Yup but I'm gonna have to stop playing soon for obvious reasons. Woo my brother's made Guan Yu and absolute general killing machine. Well other than that we've been chionging chinese warrior mobs and chalking up 1000 people kills. Yup till next time!
***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.