Skip to main content

Heartbreak

RJGE

Wah yesterday was such a heartbreaking day. (Haha no lah don't worry I didn't get rejected when I asked someone out for valentines day.) Suffering from heart burn now... Super painful! For guitar yesterday, the most horrible thing ever occured.

SYF quota was 50 people. And it so happened that we exceeded the limit by about 10. Over the past few weeks, we held auditions to see whether the people in each section were capable enough of retaining their places in the main ensemble for SYF. For each section, we had to eliminate at least 2 people... = large heartbreak.

I really sincerely wanna see everyone play in SYF, but rules are rules, and 50 is the maximum. So yesterday we announced the results, albeit reluctantly. I do hope no one is offended or angry at the results. And for those who are in, congratulations. For those who are not... Its not that you're lousy or anything. Its just a comparative thing you know? I just want to let you know that we had a tough time deciding, and each name we had to cancel was so painful (for me at least, but I think all the SLs feel the same as well). Really! I'm not exaggerating. I love RJGE that much.

Speaking of RJGE...

I like you....
For helping me with maths. (woah anticlimax)

Say it.
Better.
LOUDER.
With music.
With style.
AT THE RJGE BOOTH

Have a lighthearted valentine's day!
Heart shaped balloons sold at only $1 at the RJC canteen!

Pls do come down to support.

***

YE

Patience... Amidst all circumstances. Thats what made me respect Grace all the more when she shared her testimony.

Let me tell you guys about Grace. Grace is one of the students of one of the adult leaders in my youth ministry (YE). Over the past few months, the adult leader (her name's Doris) has been asking us to pray for her. Why? Grace had ovarian cancer. With 2 cysts in both ovaries, and the cancer in the 3rd stage, chances of survival were looking pretty slim.

Even through chemo(therapy), the pain, the monotony, the suffering, she was patient enough to wait on God and wait for the outcome of the situation even though it may take a long time. (In fact she has 6 years more to wait before being considered as completely cleared of cancer) Yes, praise the Lord, she was healed. Her cysts were removed. And she continued living her life of Christ by sharing her testimony with us.

For that, I respect her godliness and her faith, and I guess we should all try our best to build up ours. Whenever things seem to crumble, whenever we have to suffer, whenever we just want to break down and cry... Just be patient. Have faith. And wait on God. If we can learn to do this, NOTHING is impossible. Yup just some general advice for you if you need any haha.

***

Soccer

Reading 2 Aston Villa 0
Chelsea 3 Middlesbrough 0
Everton 1 Blackburn 0
Man U 2 Charlton 0
Newcastle 2 Liverpool 1
Sheffield 2 Tottenham 1
West Ham 0 Watford 1
Portsmouth 2 Man City 1
Bolton 2 Fulham 1
Arsenal 2 Wigan 1

Nothing much to say here.

***

S03H

WOO exciting. Talentime elimination rounds are finished, and the results are...

THE IRONY OF IT ALL

has made it to the finals!

Please do come to support us (Mam, Vivek, Indra and me) at RJC's valentines day, total defence day, chinese new year's celebration at CCAB. We'll be playing somewhere between 1045 and 1145 I believe?

Thanks to all 07S03H, 08S03H people, guitar people, X'PEIA people, rock people etc etc who were so supportive of our band. Thank you for voting, and don't worry we'll try our best to produce great music for you guys. So please do come and listen to us again!

TAKE.5 Talentime Finals.

***

Next post:
Eden-Sol exploits, random stuffs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.