Skip to main content

Darts Of Pleasure!

Oopss... Well before we start, let me make myself clearer. Initially when I posted my previous post (last section) I was really quite scared of offending peoples. So now I'd like to explain myself a bit more, yes? I posted it not cos I was pissed at certain people, but pissed at the views in general. So I don't have any hard feelings for those people who aired those views, in fact I do respect them very much for the courage they showed. But I just don't like their opinion.

Oh and I'm quite scared I've made dear Mr Wong demoralised. I'd like to say that I've enjoyed civics lessons, and its not cos the lessons are bad that I get pissed and stuff. In fact they're very good, and they've succeeded in achieving their primary focus, which is letting us know about the other sex better. The thing is... There are somethings that I know now that I don't like. Thats all! Please don't be sad Mr Wong (if you read my post that is)! Teehee.

***

Random

Blogger's been acting pretty weird over the past few days... Some times certain blogs can't load. And I have to persevere and keep pressing the refresh button for the blog to appear. Other times it doesn't work and I have to rely on going back and forward and back and forward. Wonder if theres a better way to make them load. But I guess everything's repaired now, cos I just blog surfed, and all the pages could load.

***

Soccer

Whoa. Singapore draw 1-1 with Thailand, after winning 2-1 in the first leg, resulting in a 3-2 win for Singapore!

Me and my bros watched the match at our grandparent's place. The first half at least. So during the first half, we were 1-0 down, and we decided to head on home. On the way home I was telling them that Singapore would surely score (despite their inaccurate passing and continual losing of possession). And when I reached home, switched on the TV and sat there for a few minutes, Khairul Amri scored? I couldn't believe it! Third week in a row some important soccer prediction came true.

Well, as always, on to England.

Portsmouth 0 Middlesbrough 0
Sheffield 2 Fulham 0
West Ham 1 Liverpool 2
Reading 3 Wigan 2
Chelsea 3 Blackburn 0
Bolton 1 Charlton 1
Man U 4 Watford 0
Newcastle 3 Aston Villa 1
Liverpool 0 Everton 0
Aston Villa 1 West Ham 0
Blackburn 2 Sheffield 1
Charlton 0 chelsea 1
Fulham 2 Newcastle 1
Man City 0 Reading 2
Watford 0 Bolton 1
Wigan 1 Portsmouth 0
Middlesbrough 1 Arsenal 1
Tottenham 0 Man U 4

Gerald, JS, Marcus, Martin and Jon came over to my house to watch the Liverpool Everton match, and it was a pretty boring affair. Thanks guys for coming over. It was fun having you guys there. Oh Jon. Glad I could help with Lifehouse's "You And Me" that night.

***

YE

The previous weekend was spent quite well, with a couple of YE outings. Most of the time hanging out with Gerald. Wah he keeps treating me and my bros to stuff... When I'm earning something I'm gonna have to repay him with a mountain or something.

Yeah but it was fun. We went for pool, and it was great. My bros and JS came too, and we played at the only place which accepted underage players, Safra Mount Faber. Oh I have a winning streak now.

Me Gerald 3 Daryl Darren 0
Me 2 Darren 0
Me 1 Daryl 0

Good thing I didn't play against Gerald. Would've lost the streak.

The following morning went for soccer with Gerald, Tim, Benedict, Kenneth and Shaun. With uncle Kelvin and older Nat as well. Managed to score 2 goals in total. Pretty sweet ones as well. But can't compare to Gerald's long range shooting, Tim's beautiful tap ins, Kenneth's saves and Shaun's footwork. As a result, we won all our matches against the people living around there. We played some old people first, then some students, then a couple of NS men. And we won! Yup then me Tim and Gerald went for lunch and headed to church for prac.

***

RJGE

The past week I've been teaching the junior ensemble new things. And I must say, a couple of them are very very hardworking. They stayed back for 1 hour practicing scales? For that I'm very impressed with the new batch. Feel kinda bad cos I've been slacking while teaching them and feeling real tired (and keep on yawning). Today I have to do my best! I'll be printing those nice notes for them today. And hopefully they'll use them.

So far they've learnt the basic stuff like plucking, where the notes are on the fret, a few simple songs and the basic G scale. Not sure whether to teach them more chim stuff. We'll see!

Its been a bit awkward teaching them as well, cos some of them are china scholars, so I have no idea if they understand what I'm saying at all. And the other thing is that... Majority of them are girls, and the guys are really really quiet. In S03H I don't really preseny stuff of do questions on the board often (Some more majority of my class are guys)... So talking to one whole bunch of girls feels really weird. Just have to get used to it I guess.

Alright I'll have fun today! Especially since its auds. Haha!

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.