Skip to main content

Music is my life!

Woo piles of music homework to do. Should be enough to last through the trip to HK. Yup FYI I'm going to HK for 4-5 days. Should be back by next friday... I'll bring my phone along but try not to message or call if you don't want extra charges to your phone bill. I may or may not reply depending on the importance of the message.

***

Piano

Back to the piano homework. The thing I can't believe is that I'm actually taking a break from outings just to complete it within the deadline and not vice versa. Really quite scary how big a part piano has become in my life. It may even become a probable career for extra expenditure.

My grade 8 theory exam is coming somewhere next year if February or March. But I'm kinda confident of my theory. The papers I do I get about 18-22 out of 25 for questions 4-5, which I must say is quite impressive considering that I just learnt a lot of the concepts such as diminished 7th, augmented 6th, Secondary Chords and such. Trying to continue the trend of distinction for theory shouldn't be a problem.

I've come to the point where I realise that no one else can help me in my theory, cos most people have stopped at grade 5, which is the minimum requirement. I'm also a bit puzzled as to why people would find practical more easy than theory when I'm doing much better in the latter. Perhaps for me, piano has become much more than just performing, but also of knowing and applying what I've learnt to play other instruments.

I'm kinda proud of what I've been doing so far with my musical education to say the least, and thats why I'm blogging about it. I've come so far... 12 years ago I totally hated it, but I've come to love it and have such an intense passion for it, and in return I've grown and matured as not only a pianist but as a musician as a whole. And I'm glad.

Haha feeling a bit ego now, but very grateful to my teacher, my parent and my peers for acknowledging the abilities I have in this field and helping me grow. Please continue to help me and encourage me through my musical journey!

***

Leisure

Went to immigration with my mom to renew my passport, and it was kinda boring. The waiting, queueing and sitting around that is. Once I arrived the first queue I got on was the one for the photo, cos my passport photo was getting pretty old. Sec 2 if I remember correctly.

Yeah and we got a number and sat waiting for like 30 over numbers to finish before it was our turn. Finally it was our turn and I was getting bored of sitting (and I am a nice guy) so I asked my mom to sit at the counter. Haha she refused and asked me to sit. But I refused too and we pushed the chair back and forth and back and forth. I guess the person at the counter was pretty amused haha.

So finally no one sat down and I gave the counter person one of my photos and my IC. Had my first experience with the new high tech stuff. The last time I came they still used ink. That must have been a long time ago hmmm. But now they have this cool machine to scan your thumbprint.

Yup so I'm going to collect my passport this saturday. Apparently the Singapore goverment has become more lax on the extension issues for young males. Usually we can only extend for 1 or 2 years but now they're allowing extension for 5 years.

K so on to Hong Kong I go!

Hmmm... Why did I blog so much about this? Haha beats me.

***

Soccer!

Group A
*Barcelona 2 Werder Bremen 0
*Chelsea 2 Levski Sofia 0

Group B
*Bayern Munich 1 *Inter Milan 1
Sporting Lisbon 1 Spartak Moscow 3

Group C
Galatasaray 3 *Liverpool 2
*PSV Eindhoven 1 Bordeaux 3

Group D
Olympiakos 1 Shaktar Donetsk 1
*Roma 1 *Valencia 0

Group E
Dynamo Kiev 2 *Real Madrid 2
*Lyon 1 Steaura Bucharesti 1

Group F
FC Copenhagen 3 *Celtic 1
*Man U 3 Benfica 1

Group G
*Porto 0 *Arsenal 0
Hamburg 3 CSKA Moscow 2

Group H
*AC Milan 0 *Lille 2
Anderlecht 2 AEK Athens 2

Teams with * have made it to the knockout stages.

***

YE

Having lots of fun collecting money and forms. Really! I know lots of people find it tough and boring but not for me. Maybe its cos of prior experience. I remember as a sec 2 I was supposed to collect the money and forms as well. But back then I didn't have a list so I struggled and had to write my own list. I learnt about admin stuff the hard way. Yup but it was pretty fun.

So now some how it feels quite fun to collect forms and money all over again. But the fact that I have 4000 worth of cheques sitting on my bedside table scares me. If I even lose one of them... Nah, won't happen. Its in a nice sealed envelope so it should be fine, unless my bros touch it, which I highly doubt cos I told them not to.

Yup so announcement.

All YE people going for camp who have yet to hand up their forms and money, please do so this coming sunday before or after CAP. I'll be playing for main so just approach me at the front to submit the relevant documents. Thanks!

Oh speaking about main... Its been quite a long time since I've played under Mel Ng, and I must say it brings back memories. The first time I played under her I did quite badly haha. Cos I played a 3 beat song with a 4 beat rhythm. Sounds familiar? Yup so JS and Sandra, don't worry about making mistakes. I made the same mistake you guys did a few weeks ago.

Had worship prac yesterday, and it was pretty fun. We didn't actually practise in the sanctuary, but in the music room. And I think thats quite a wise thing to do. Saves all the moving time. Perhaps next time when YE plays for service we should do that too. Myrtle and John Chee kept getting memory lapses haha. Mel kept scolding John albeit jokingly and when Myrtle forgot how to play the intro of one of the songs John scolded Myrtle with the exact words Mel used hahah.

Yeah so it was really amusing working with some of the young adults. After that went home with Myrtle. Its really quite amazing the way I'm more vocal and natural around her. Perhaps cos she's someone I truly respect. Like my parents and my brothers. Yeah we talked about lots of stuff. Camp and blogs and family and church and music.

***

Random

Had this weird dream... I was in a lounge somewhere in a shopping mall and I was quite tired so I decided to sit down on the seat closest to the door. There were 5 seats in total. And there was this coffee table kinda thing really close to the seats so if anybody needed to pass I would have to stand up and move away.

I was there minding my own business when suddenly 3 angmohs entered, 1 old lady, 1 woman and 1 man. I stood up to let them pass, but at the same time they decided to go the long way around the coffee table and they took up the 3 seats to the furthest left.

After awhile they started to talk then suddenly one of them talked to me. She said something (I forgot what) but it sounded as though she was beginning to scold me for not letting the old lady pass just now. She started making a fuss about how local Singaporeans all acted that way and stuff. I remembered cos I got really angry when she over-generalised everything. And the fact that I did try to let them pass made me even more angry.

But then for some reason I became super smart and retorted with some intellectual gibberish (which I forgot as well) which left her dumbfounded. Then they left and I fell asleep in the dream thinking: Wow I'm such a genius haha.

Haha wonder what the dream meant haha. That was way too random for my liking. But if theres a dream interpreter out there somewhere I'm really curious about what this means haha.

***

More Leisure...

K I've finally finished the Megaman X: Command Mission which is the Megaman X RPG. So now I'm working on a new strategy game, Suikoden Tactics. My bros found the elemental system in the game pretty boring and confusing so they left the game to me to play. And I must say the battles are pretty ok. Not too tough, not too easy. Character selection, using combos and attentiveness to elemental attributes are pretty much the order of the game.

Kyril is a young hero who follows his father around the world in search of weird mystical weapons called Rune Cannons. On one of the journeys around the world his father dies and he becomes traumatised for life. After 3 years, he recovers and decides to continue on the path his father once trod. With his mentors and friends Andarc and Seneca, he continues to search for the secrets of the rune cannons and soon finds himself caught up in more than he bargains for...

Suikoden Tactics!

Can't wait for Death Note 3 and 4... Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Taiwan: Touch Your Heart

Finally gone on a trip that I really paid attention to haha. Most other overseas trips were pretty much a blur, but because I took the effort to pay attention and get involved in it, it was a lot more rewarding than previous trips. Unlike most other trips, this one was absolutely delicious every single day. Singaporeans I've asked have had mixed reactions to the food there... But my family's the more adventurous kind; as long as it looks good and smells good, eat it! Feels quite like a family motto haha. We enjoyed all the street food immensely, and didn't even end up with a single stomach ache. Thank God for strong stomachs. The place I enjoyed the most was the Geopark at Yehliu... A must go for geog students for sure. All sorts of natural wonders. Spits, bars, tombolos, cliffs, evidence of weathering, rock formations - the best place for a geog geek to do a project, or photo buffs to take nice pictures of scenery. Here are some nice ones: Besides the geopark, we went to t

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.