Skip to main content

Blackout

Heya guys... For the first time ever, I lost my blogpost. And why? Cos there was a blackout that affected some parts of Singapore. Heard in the news that one of the power plants at Senoko failed causing a major blackout. Yeah but I'm not really upset. Cos in the morning I was kinda in a half sleepy mood and didn't type very clearly.

Yup so I'm back from the family trip to Hong Kong, and the church camp to Kota Tinggi, and I had lots and lots of fun with my dear family and my fellow 17 year olds in the camp comm. More about those things later.

Suddenly have an urge to try out the new blogger, but I think I'll save that for later. On to more interesting stuff first...

***

8th Dec - Pre HK trip (Family)

Went to say goodbyes to some of my cousins and relatives before going off, and how better to do that than to play some cheap bowling. Met Elaine, Shanny, Serene, Omy, my grandma, my bros and my mom at the nearby HomeTeamNS bowling centre to have some fun.

My scores:
94, 94, 134, 94

First time I've seen myself get same score 3 times in one single bowling session. Managed to get 134 just on spares alone, but if I'd gotten a few strikes it may have been different. My highest score ever was 138, set when I went to play with my pri sch friends. Can't ever forget that moment haha. I was like answering my handphone and bowling at the same time and I got a strike.

Well, we went to West Mall to have Tom Yam Ramen then headed for home.

***

9th Dec - Pre HK trip (YE)

Went to immigration early the next morning just to collect my passport. First time in immigration alone, but I realised that I was capable of doing everything myself, even things related to important documents. So took my queue number, sat down and read the news paper for 2 odd hours. Couldn't believe how long it took just to collect one small book that you only use every single holiday period.

Took the train to church for a balloon sculpting lesson. My dad kinda signed up for us. But why did we need to learn balloon sculpting? Haha tell you guys the answer later. It has something to do with the 16th. So from Lavender, where the immigration was, I took the MRT all the way to Queenstown, with passport, IC, handphone and wallet in hand. The train ride was pretty freaky. It was pretty easy to get paranoid with such important stuff in your hands.

In church, I met up with my bros to learn how to make various balloon stuff like swords (personal favourite), rabbits, giraffes, dogs, flowers, turtles and hats. Yeah the other YE people who came down included the Ghuis, Caleb and Jeanette. Fiona and Jeanette were the pros in the balloon business. By the time I got there they were making all sorts of elaborate stuff.

Yup so after that we went to have ice cream at The Daily Scoop which is near Paul's house, Sunset Way at Clementi. The ice cream is awesome. No doubt about it. Those who are ice cream lovers, I recommend you go there for a couple of sweet treats. Whats more, they're a local brand and their flavours are very very special. Go try!

***

10th Dec - Pre HK trip (YE)

Sunday... It was a pretty busy day. Went to church at about 11am to prepare stuff for the camp, and worship practise followed at 1pm. The rest of YE was practising "We Are The Reason" for the event on the 16th, but since I already knew the hand signals, I didn't need to turn up. Finally it was 3pm, and service began. The worship went pretty well, and the entire church set off for their respective blocks to give out presents to the residents and tell them about the event on the 16th. (Once again, more on it later)

So my cell (Lakeside cell) broke up into groups of 3 and went up to block 60 to talk to the residents. My group of 3 contained my bro, Daryl, Nat, as well as myself. We went to one of the higher floors to ring door bells and talk to the residents. It was my first time being a team leader, and it was pretty fun, though I stumbled a bit on the chinese. Once we were finished, we took a lift down...

And guess what happened. Nat started jumping on the lift, and the lift stopped somewhere on the 12th floor.

Heres what it looks like from inside the stuck lift.

So we sat inside the lift for half an hour. Just awesome. It was my first time stuck in the lift, but with Nat and Daryl around it was pretty fun. I was a bit concerned cos there was a chance that I would miss offertory, but eventually the maintenance people came to get us out. Yup so I made it in time.


Fellow survivors of the lift incident - Nat and Daryl.

It was a fun day. When I got home I started packing like crazy, cos our HK trip was the next day!

***

The blackout kinda ruined the previous post, so I'm a bit lazy now. So, more about the HK trip in the next post. Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!