Skip to main content

HK Trip

Just shifted over to the new blogger, and honestly, its not much different. My bros have told me that the new blogger isn't that good, but I beg to differ. To me its just the same. Anything that I can use to express myself is fine.

Anyway, its Christmas Eve, and time passes so fast. Just one week or so to school. I must say that I'm looking forward to it, not only cos of my friends and stuff but also cos of the challenge. Next year is gonna be some bomb challenging year, with piano exam, SYF, PoP 2, RR concert, RJGE concert and the A levels all in the same year. I'm wondering where I'll get the time to prepare for it all, but I believe with His strength I will cope.

To all those people who have started giving presents thank you. Thanks aunty K for the early present, thanks Yee Ying for the card, and thanks Mel for the shout-outs. Sorry if I don't give anyone presents, cos I am not earning any money for my parents at all, and to just spend loads their money just like that would make me feel real bad. Once again, so sorry guys.

Time for a scolding/grumbling session.
You guys are making me lazy. Just cos you don't tag the board when you come, I've been thinking that nobody reads, and cos of that I don't really wanna blog a proper post. Could someone please tag before I let this blog rot and die?
Sorry bout that. Just feeling lonely now. I miss all you RR, RJGE, S03H and X'PEIA people. As for YE people, I'm seeing you guys too much haha. I wanna spend Christmas with some of you guys... But I haven't seen some of you for so long. I just need to know you're there. Tag the board please?

***

9-10 Dec - soccer

Man U 3 Man City 1
Blackburn 1 Newcastle 3
Liverpool 4 Fulham 0
Middlesbrough 1 Wigan 1
Portsmouth 2 Everton 0
Tottenham 5 Charlton 1
Watford 0 Reading 0
Bolton 4 West Ham 0
Chelsea 1 Arsenal 1
Sheffield 2 Aston Villa 2

***
HK trip - family

Day 1

Well, didn't really expect much, cos our family was going on a shopping trip and not a sightseeing one. But it was considered quite pleasant despite the lack of entertainment. Left around 3pm on Monday, 11th December for the airport.

I guess this is where pictures will say a thousand words.


Our first stop after check in at the airport...

A few shots of the inside of the airport. Got on the plane, took the flight to HK, and reached there at 11pm.


We are finally at HK! This is the road outside the airport. We waited for the bus...

The bus came, and we sat at the back and took photos.

Soon, we reached the hotel...

Hmm pretty grand huh. But I guess all hotels are like that.

We checked in, took the lift to our rooms. And when we stepped out, we saw this. Freaky vertigo kinda thingy. Looks like the passage way never never ends. Woo scary. And so we walked to our rooms and entered. Then we went to sleep.

This... Is the bed.

This... Is my bed. =(

Haha actually I let the twins have the nice bed. They didn't bully me, don't worry haha.

***

Day 2

Woke up bright and early and ate at the nice lounge at the highest floor of the hotel. Then went down to...

It so happened that the train station was right beside our hotel. So we went in an headed...

Lo Wu is the area near the border between China and Hong Kong, and about 45 mins train ride from where we were. The train station was pretty similar to Singapore's. Heres a nice view.


Looks pretty dangerous doesn't it... Just make sure not to go too close.

Soon the train came and we went in. It was pretty much empty. So we took a few seats and enjoyed the view.

Managed to catch my dad and the twins while we were at one of the stations. Got down at Luo Wu and did some shopping. Bought some VCDs and shirts for the new year.

We then headed across China customs to get to Shenzhen, the Southern most area of China. Did lots more shopping there. There was a gigantic McDonalds, gigantic KFC and so many gigantic malls. One of the malls sold FFXII (FF12 in other words) for only 8 RMB, which is dirt cheap. So those who want to play can ask me. Its a lot like a MMORPG so fans may wanna try. Besides that I got some other stuff, including this.

Cool huh. After that we walked a bit more, and then went back to the hotel to watch lots of DOHA. (In other words, Asian Games)

One final bit for you guys to think about for day 2. What is this?

If you can see the chinese words on it and understand the chinese words, you'll know the answer.

***

Day 3

For Day 3, we went the total opposite way from China. This time all the way to Hong Kong island to meet my young aunt and her boyfriend.

So once again we woke up early in the morning and took the shuttle bus to Tsim Sha Sui. HK drama junkies, this will be familiar to you. At Tsim Sha Sui, we went to...

To do what else, but to take the ferry across to HK island.

Took a pic of my bros and my mom waiting for the ferry.

Finally we got on, and the ferry was rocking like crazy. Thank goodness I didn't fall off the side while taking this next photo.

After a mere 15 min ride, we reached our destination. Some people were down there holding a protest to protect the old port or something, and in the end all of them got arrested and someone died. We watched them protest for awhile then went on.

This is us on the way to our young aunt's office building to meet her for lunch. She recommended us a pretty good dim sum restaurant, and we ate our fill. Her boyfriend joined us half way and introduced us to all the nice pastries that were a must try. Then he brought us to a dessert stall and we took the most famous dessert in HK.

Finally we parted ways with them, and headed off for more shopping... This time we headed towards Stanley Market, a nice seaside shopping street area. And what better way to travel than by bus.

The bus ride made me sleepy so I took a nap. Before that I took another pic from inside the bus...

So we finally arrived at Stanley Market. And we shopped and shopped and shopped till we got real tired.

So after that we met my young aunt and her boyfriend once again and had a nice seafood dinner. HK people actually do eat spicy stuff. I always thought most foreigners couldn't take spice at all. They proved me wrong.
After that we went to the nearby Billabong and Quiksilver stores and bought some stuff and went back to the hotel for some well deserved rest.

Some more trivia for day 3. What is this?


***

Day 4

On day 2 we headed north to china, and on day 3 we headed south to HK island. For day 4 we decided to stay on HK mainland to do some final shopping for christmas presents and souvenirs and stuff. Went around the hotel (Mongkok area) and around the pier area (Tsim Sha Sui area). Honestly not much to see there, thus the lack of photos. But the souvenirs there are pretty nice.

Chanced upon a stall selling Christian tees. This was one of the T-shirts hanging on display. I bought one (with a different design of course) and Darren got this one. Yeah just a reminder for some of my more vulgar friends. Saw a nice Gaara tee that I wanted, but decided not to get it cos souvenirs were more important.

We shopped all the way till night fall, and then headed for the Avenue of the Stars. This is the place where all the HK drama serial or cantopop people place their names on stars on the street. Took a couple of photos there, and watched the laser light show. Couldn't see much actually so I wasn't impressed.



Just a couple of pics taken there at the Avenue of the Stars. For the last stop we returned to the Espirit shop near the shuttle bus drop off point to look at stuff to wear, then headed back to the hotel.

***

Day 5

Lazed around in the hotel room and watched some of the VCDs we bought. Including Tokyo Drift and Borat. While we were doing that the adults went to do more shopping at places we went before. After that we had one final meal at the Macs (much better than Singapore's), went to hire a taxi and went to the airport.

Soon we reached home, I believe at about 3pm in the afternoon, cos the flight was delayed. Otherwise we would have reached at 12 noon if I'm not wrong. It was great to be home. Shopping isn't my cup of tea.

Not much to learn and reflect about; it was fun in some ways, but it was boring in other ways. But if theres one thing I'll have to say, it'll be this. With my family, nothing in life is bland. But some times things go over the top haha.

Thats all for this post.

***

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Taiwan: Touch Your Heart

Finally gone on a trip that I really paid attention to haha. Most other overseas trips were pretty much a blur, but because I took the effort to pay attention and get involved in it, it was a lot more rewarding than previous trips. Unlike most other trips, this one was absolutely delicious every single day. Singaporeans I've asked have had mixed reactions to the food there... But my family's the more adventurous kind; as long as it looks good and smells good, eat it! Feels quite like a family motto haha. We enjoyed all the street food immensely, and didn't even end up with a single stomach ache. Thank God for strong stomachs. The place I enjoyed the most was the Geopark at Yehliu... A must go for geog students for sure. All sorts of natural wonders. Spits, bars, tombolos, cliffs, evidence of weathering, rock formations - the best place for a geog geek to do a project, or photo buffs to take nice pictures of scenery. Here are some nice ones: Besides the geopark, we went to t

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.