Skip to main content

YE and GE

Hey everyone! Nice to see so many people hanging around this place... Thanks everyone for reading and for tagging. Well... Before I begin, a birthday shoutout to Charissa. Happy birthday! =)

Okies now that thats done...

Saturday was YE's longest bbq! And it was an awesome day without any rain. Well went down to church to eat my fill and play games... Mostly soccer, taboo and cards. The food was good... Some of it was uncooked though cos most of us were inexperienced bbqers... Hmm why didn't I get the runs? Haha I wonder. Yay taboo was the first time I got 6 points wow. I always get 1 point or somewhere around there. But I got kicked out of the first round of the TaiTi tournament. Ouch.

Well the only thing to comment about the bbq was that no one else my age was there... It seems they're getting further... Shu, Amanda, Charissa where are you guys? It feels like I haven't seen you all in ages... I still talk to Mel once in awhile... But haven't seen anyone of you online or in person for like 1-3 weeks? Kenneth, Benedict too...

Got your message Shirley! Thanks for that e-mail... I really miss ya. You've been such an inspiration... Everytime I need someone you'll be there. Thanks!

Sunday was the mission games! Instead of normal church we had some game thingy to simulate people going on missions. We had to uhh get "visas", get our "passports", "money" etc etc. Then we had to go through our "theological education" which involved a really hard test which really owned us... After that we had to "fly" to "Vietnam" via "SIA". My brother stole peanuts and money from the "flight stewardesses". When we got to "Vietnam" my bible almost got confiscated by the "immigration authorities". And one the ladies in my group got "caught" cos the "flight stewardesses" planted "drugs" in her bag.

Hope you guys get it... Cos its really confusing. =P Of course I didn't really go on a one day mission trip lah... It was only a simulation... "Vietnam" was the nearby Queenstown Primary School, "SIA" was a bus... Yeah get it?

Found the games quite funny in a weird sense. One things quite sure for me... My calling isn't in missions I think. I can support those going for missions, or I can make a short trip there to say hi, but I think God wants me to stay back home for the worship ministry.

Speaking of worship ministry, we got a guitarist shortage... Rach has gone to UK, Gerald's got reservice and Tim's getting married later this month. So its only me manning the fort. So well... Can't wait till July...

Singapore Idol... Paul Twohill is kinda funny... So is Rahimah Rahim... But the highlight for me was Meryl!!! Yay finally someone from RJC is out there doing the school proud on national TV. Ohh... Maybe its not for RJ after all haha, since this programme is all about personal fame and fortune. Oh well I'm still kinda proud for RJ cos she's there.

Monday... Went to watch X-Men 3 with my guitar buddies! YZYZ, Chin Heng, Qing Qing and Sherine. I'm kinda glad they decided to come to west mall instead of going to town to watch, cos I could wake up late haha. Well, X-Men was pretty ok, but I prefer the cartoon series version of events. Can't really stand all the good peoples dying. Imagine... Having to kill the one you love with your bare hands... Thats the saddest thing in the world.

We reached my house with 2 hours to spare before pool started, and we ended up playing piano and guitar! Sherine and YZYZ are prooooo piano players. Hmm my standard isn't up to par with them... And I need lots of practice before I can master a song. Which I probably am not having enough of. Well as for guitar... Most of my repetoire consists of christian songs.

Time for pool!

Me 1 YZYZ 3
Me 1 Chin Heng 0

Hmms... YZYZ claimed he was a pool noob... But I think he did way too well for a pool noob haha. Hmm he even showed us some pool tricks.

I'm kinda glad they came over... Cos if they hadn't come I would've have been so bored. Which is how I feel now. Bored. And yesterday as well. Playing Kingdom Hearts and Winning Eleven 9. But my Option File got corrupted... Oh well I'll just have to start getting the cool stuff again.

Oh no... Recieved news that I might not have a drummer this Sunday... And both the WL (Amanda) and AWL (Joanna) haven't replied the message I sent. Hmm I guess I'll have to wait and trust in him. But I'll try contacting them again. Brace yourself Dan... We might be the only two musicians there... =(

Holiday stuff to do:
1. Worship Stuff
2. Piano Practice
3. Mugging
4. Story!!! (Got a brief idea of the story plot already... )

I'm having a blast watching kids central cartoons... Some of them can be so downright hilarious... Wonder whats happening to the minds of Singaporean children now haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Taiwan: Touch Your Heart

Finally gone on a trip that I really paid attention to haha. Most other overseas trips were pretty much a blur, but because I took the effort to pay attention and get involved in it, it was a lot more rewarding than previous trips. Unlike most other trips, this one was absolutely delicious every single day. Singaporeans I've asked have had mixed reactions to the food there... But my family's the more adventurous kind; as long as it looks good and smells good, eat it! Feels quite like a family motto haha. We enjoyed all the street food immensely, and didn't even end up with a single stomach ache. Thank God for strong stomachs. The place I enjoyed the most was the Geopark at Yehliu... A must go for geog students for sure. All sorts of natural wonders. Spits, bars, tombolos, cliffs, evidence of weathering, rock formations - the best place for a geog geek to do a project, or photo buffs to take nice pictures of scenery. Here are some nice ones: Besides the geopark, we went to t

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.