Skip to main content
I guess everything is returning to normal, as everything is now over finally. No more going home late, no more having dinners outside. I guess it takes some getting used to. But I'm so glad its over.

Recieved feedback that we did considerably well, especially for our last two songs. Today was Raffles Rock Elections. Actually maybe not. Its Raffles Rock PAP style walkover. There were only 6 people running for 5 positions, and I was the only one not from the exco there. Went down after doing GP essay to see what was happening, only to find out the exco had already been finalised.

Hahahaha. Chairman is none other than Samuel Lim, Vice-Chair is Jia Hua, Secretary is Lim Wei Ren, Treasurer is Gabriel and QM is MOCA. Congrats to everyone! Wish me luck for RJGE Exco. Hope to use this oppotunity to bridge relations between RJGE and RR.

Went to Swensens with Gabriel, Samuel Lim and Choon Wing to celebrate lots of stuff... Such as the Raffles Rock thing as well as Samuel's birthday that passed last week. Had lots of laughs. We ordered like 3 topless 5s to eat. We were having this funny convo...

Choon Wing: Hey guys lets go for rock climbing!
Me: Ehh... Why?
Choon Wing: Cos you wanna go rock outing what...
Me:...
Gab: Yo Sam, you know what?
Sam: Err what?
Gab: You've become a rocking chair! Hahaha.
Me: Ehh... Why you guys so lame one tell this kind of jokes...
Gab & Choon Wing: Lol you told us these jokes in the first place!
Me: O_o Oops jagggg.....

Actually it wasn't exactly like that. Just wanted to make it funnier. Hahaha.

Monday went for RJGE exco interviews. It was kinda fun cos we spent our time playing bridge/hearts outside the com labs. When it was my turn I went into room A, which contained Ronnie, Hongyue, Elaine, Serene and Yueyi. They asked me to play anything I wanted, then sight read a passage. Then they asked me about the classic RR vs RJGE thing. I knew what to say though. Other than that question no other things really intimidated me. And so I got through interviews. =) Time for speech! Its tomorrow...

Sunday was really the best main service I've had all year. Playing the bass didn't stop me from worshipping. All the songs were pretty much familiar so I didn't rely on scores. I just sang my heart out to him while playing. And Still finally made a comeback after less than 1 year. That was the best song of the lot.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still know you are God

Liverpool 2 Chelsea 1!!! =) What else can I say.

Lastly, some commentary on social issues. Would like to talk about the MM vs journalists seminar thing that was on channel news asia. I think the reason why people don't apologize for what they do is cos even if they do apologize, they still wouldn't be forgiven.

Some people nowadays aren't forgiving enough. When people make mistakes and apologize for those mistakes they just chide them for what they did wrong instead of accepting the apology. These people that have been roughly brushed aside will think... Is this what I get for being sincerely apologetic. If so I'd rather not apologize. Hence this unapologetic mentality amongst Singaporeans today.

Why can't people just learn to forgive and get on with life? I just don't get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me