Skip to main content

Concerts

Hey guys... This week was an awesome week. But well if you look at another perspective it was a crazy week. I mostly had fun this week, and I'm glad its all over. NAPFA and the two concerts. Over! Yay.

RJGE Concert

I came to this concert with one major purpose: to have fun. And of course it was really no problem with all the funny people there. Even the rehearsal before that was full of laughs. Lame jokes all over the place, 'Ben Low' puns, funny antics etc etc. I was kinda glad that everything went alright for me. I was in slacker mode I guess. Played a total of 7 ensemble songs and 1 rock band song.

A Comme Amour
Historia De Amour
Doraemon
How Deep is Your Love
Jap Song
Take Me Out
Spring
Shall We Dance

Overall it was the funnest ever... Can remember the encouragement gifts given by our section leaders. Felt really really happy and blessed with all those goodies. Its a wonder how I didn't get a sore throat haha. My friends were quite happy with the concert, everyone said it was good. Haha. And during photo taking, everyone was kinda like shouting my name. Don't tell you guys why haha. If you wanna know ask the RJGE people.

NAPFA

Haha. I'm really happy that I passed and made bronze, with 2As, 1B, 1C and 2Es. Especially after my 3 week break from the gym. Now I can play soccer while those who missed NAPFA have to take! Yay. the two As came in shuttle run and sit ups, while the 2Es came in Sit and Reach and Pull ups. Time to work on my flexibility and arm strength. Maybe a bit of stamina too.

I was kinda happy that my class was super united during NAPFA. We kept cheering people on, especially those who were weak at that station. It kinda got everyone past NAPFA in one piece. Even the girls who weren't taking 2.4km shouted words of encouragement to us guys taking the run.

RR Concert

My band's purpose coming into this performance was to:

1. Make an impression on the RJ people
2. Show the power of God in our lives

Not so much to show off and have the time of our lives. In fact, we were the only band to flash lyrics during our performance, because we wanted people to read the lyrics and get touched by what they heard in the music. I guess it sorta paid off when people sang along. It felt really awesome.

We started after Electrico, which was a plus and a minus point altogether. Being the first RJ band to perform was good, yet going behind a seasoned band was pretty daunting. Well, it didn't help that during the performance, Guoren's guit was a bit out... And my bass solo wasn't loud enough. But I guess we did an ok job. And everyone I asked said it was good.

Oh well. Had to play for Minister Yaacob Ibrahim while he sang Yesterday during the pre-concert. I'm kinda glad that MOCA was there to help me as well. I couldn't have done it alone. After that, had to pass the certificates to the minister so that he could give them out to the organisers of the concert. I stood right beside him! One in a lifetime chance. To stand beside him for a whole 10 minutes! Gasp.

Bands that played include:

LSD - RJ band
Minus Negative - Charity Band
Electrico - Professional Band
Eden-Sol - RJ band
Spanish Fly - Professional Band
EIC - Professional Band
Mr Pink - RJ Band
Zhen - Professional Band
Absolut - RJ Band
Bandage - RJ Band

Not forgetting the instrumentalists. Edmund and Hyqel, as well as MOCA! Everyone did well, although one of the professional bands disappointed...

Well, time to catch up on my stuff...

Stuff to do:
Maths Tut
Maths Ass
PW PI
Econs Tut
Chem Outline
Bio Tut
GP Test Make-up
May June Duty Roster
Junior Band Jamming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me