Skip to main content

Orientation Power!

Hmmm... Had a totally awesome week. Wasn't expecting much from orientation, but it was a blast! Made new friends, did lots of stuff I'd never have done, and sang, cheered and danced like never before. X'PEIA rocks!

K. Know you guys are dying to know more about my orientation, so here goes...

Day 1

Hmmm... Went to school wondering whether there would be anyone in my Pri Sch who I knew in my OG, and whether the people in my OG would be friendly and stuff like that. Honestly had lots of things running through my mind. Met AAL at the bus stop at Braddell Road and stepped into the school...

Well, in the Multi Purpose Hall, we got sorted into our OGs and sat down. Looked around at the people and realised that I knew all the RI guys in the OG some way or another. Narpal was famous in Morrison, Daniel was the serial stabber, Guoren was in my band, I knew about Wang from Hyqel, I saw Hee Xun somewhere before, and Yong Sheng played chess with me. So that left the girls and two of the guys, one from ACS and one from Cat High.

So we went down to the Z'Cove (House Area) to have ice breakers. Played partner wacko, and I got to know one of the girls, Yi Hui. Well... She lives in the East, I live in the West, she frequents the South, I frequent the North, her dad's Hokkien, my dad's Teochew, her mom's Teochew, and my mom's Hokkien. She speaks Teochew, I speak Hokkien. Seriously freaky. Haha. But thats the very first girl from my OG I got to know! =) So we played Wacko, and I called Guoren, but pointed to Hee Xun on purpose. Seriously, it was on purpose, to confuse Darren(My OGL). Haha.

K, going on... Got to know a bit about Amanda and Melissa soon after while we continued on to station games. (They're the third Amanda and third Melissa I know now. Haha.) X'PEIA had a super long losing streak, but nobody was dejected or anything. The shaving cream game was super messy. I got lots of cream in my ear. Had a tough time getting the cream out.

Hmmm... Rach came to get the RI uniform from me. Wonder what she's gonna do with that?

Russell (ACS) and Laigono (CatHigh) were the next two people I got to know, and soon it was the end of day one. No major ups or downs.

Day 2

Day two was full of ups and downs. Will elaborate more...

It started on a high when X'PEIA came up with its first cheer, and an original one at that! Narpal seriously is real good at that kinda thing. So after we cheered the first time, we went on to win the next two tasks before continuing our losing streak. Haha. Soon it was lunch, and that was the part when the guys were making fun of NYGH girls. Will not elaborate. I'm not as mean as them. Haha. But it was seriously funny. Especially since Charlene (My OGL) was from NYGH before she came to RJ.

Then I remembered Karima's name, cos she was the only girl absent. Haha. So that left Kavina as the only other indian girl. So it was kinda easy to remember their names. Hmm... Got to know Ann as well! Got exposed to the Batch Dance! Hmmm... Couldn't remember it fully at first but I guess I know the first and second parts pretty well now.

Went to the Amphi to do some cheering with the house. MR cheers are seriously so easy to remember even though they're new to us. Wonder if they have a house anthem like Morrison had? Hmmm... Kinda was on a super high until the bad news came.

It was during OG dinner at the Esplanade when bad news came. Both Tim and Gerald messaged to say they couldn't lead on Sunday. Subsequently I asked Rach, Mel, Amanda and even Yan Leen but they couldn't as well! Wah. It was seriously quite exasperating. But the food was nice and it was an awesome dinner, though we didn't talk much. Hmmm... I think most of the people in our OG are the quiet kind... And we're quite good at stoning. Haha.

Then came the dreaded... Truth of Dare + Number game combo that is so common but ever so deadly. Actually I was game for anything! I didn't really mind getting embarassed or anything. I had to do a dare. Will not elaborate. If you wanna know ask anyone else from X'PEIA. But felt real awkward after that dare and real paiseh as well. Haha. It doesn't pay to be sporting... But thats not gonna stop me! Woohoo!

So day 2 ended a bit low, and the fun was just starting!

Unfinished - Will continue tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me