Skip to main content
Hmmm... Before I start. I happened to go Bloghopping, and realised that my bass guide is sorta needed... So here it is after this post! Haha. Best used with a knowledge of Piano Grade 6 Theory and above. Any queries can be directed to my email. Yup!

Freaky Friday wasn't that freaky after all I guess. In fact... In the company of friends, it never feels freaky! Yay. My OG stayed till 9:30pm for the movie screenings and breakdance performances put up by the awesome MR committee. Though the turnout wasn't great, we had an awesome time eating marshmallows, bananas, chocolate fondue, popcorn, and of course stealing away to go for OG dinner.

Earlier in the afternoon... Guoren's house was a bridge haven. And we sat in his dining room playing. He has one acoustic, one electric, and one romantic guitar, so for me it was guitar haven. Haha. Mandre requested Jay Chou songs, so Guoren tried... I know the plucked intro for QingTian! Haha. And Mandre is a dip already! Wah. Guoren showed me alterbridge.com, and Mandre showed me more Jason Mraz on the com, and then I went to listen to the songs for worship. Couldn't figure out the bass intro for All Things are Possible cos the notes go by so fast. Haha.

Freaky Friday was followed by a Saturday that blew my socks off. Went to East Coast park at around 1 something. Me and Benedict sorta got lost trying to get to Macs, all cos we got off at the wrong bus stop. As result, we had to walk to the highway, walk through the underpass which brought us to Area A, then walk the long way to Macs. Haha. And to top it all off, I only had 10 bucks in my wallet after OG dinner. Hahaha.

Went for bowling with the guys first, and Ernest lent me some cash cos bowling cost $8.40! Wah. What a ripoff. But was super on form. Manage to get a 103 and then a 122, beating all the rest. Haha. Tried using a 6 pound for my second throws and it was so easy to spin, and I could put in more power to finish off remaining pins. As a result, had an awesome Strike Spare combo that got me 122 points. Played table soccer, then went to join the girls Mel, Shu and Amanda for blading.

You know what? I know 5 Mels and 5 Amandas now. But I know 12 Bens. Haha. Just stating a random fact about myself.

Sunday. Prac was good, worship was good. Felt the vibe! Hmm. And Tim wants to speak with me. Dunno why... I'll check with him I guess.

Monday. Started off with lectures, and then bio, gp, maths then chem tutorials. Super long day. For some reason, all my Tutors are female. Wah. And they all seem like the bullyable type. In fact, they're super nice and not like Sec Sch teachers. Here, they treat us like real adults. And I mean it.

The real excitement started with class lunch! Hmmm... Got to know lots of new people. Azrin, Ashwin, Ihtmam, Leonard, Nazirul, Ben Zheng, Alan, Christopher, Mie, Carol, Christine, Melissa no. 5, Amanda no. 5, Michelle, Yu Ying, Tabitha etc etc etc.

Maths we had a quiz... Wah. BCME students have all the luck. But scored 18 out of 20! Yay. GP tutorial was quite interesting as well... Nothing to do except play the 2 Truths and 1 Lie game thingy.

I am lying
I am not lying
I am smart

Which one is a lie? Haha. Tricky Tricky.

Chem prac was kinda weird cos we had a relief teacher. She was quite soft spoken, but she told us lots about RJC Chem. She said... Be prepared to fail. Haha. Cos she got 37/100 for S Paper, and still got a distinction. Hahaha.

The highlight of the day... Meeting with Eden-Sol, and thinking of the possibility of joining Raffles Rock as a band to get our practices more constant. Prayer and meeting all of them was real awesome, especially with our new drummer Samuel with us. Well, we'll pray and get back for another meeting on Wednesday, where the final verdict will be passed...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me