Skip to main content

Spain Part 1

Hmm... Part one of the post about Spain! Hehe. K. Hope I cover most of it...

Part 1-Plane Trip

Guess what. The plane trip was boring. Guess why. No games, no stuff to do, all cos we were on Turkish Airlines, and there were no inflight movies... Flew from Singapore to Bangkok, then Bangkok to Istanbul, then Istanbul to Spain. Huh. Having to watch the same safety movie 3 times in the same trip was kinda weird. The food was good though!

Part 2-Barcelona

Went to see a church, then to see the Nou Camp! The stadium of FC Barcelona. Kinda awesome if you think about it. Went to the shop and bought a ball! Woo hoo. I bought a ball branded with the official european mark! And for 35 dollars only. Didn't get to fo into the stadium, but the exterior was nice and had a homey feeling.

Barcelona 2 Peace Team 1

The Peace Team is made up of Pakistanis and Israelis coming together in the name of peace. Good game, and good sportsmanship. Ronaldinho was cool. I watched the match on TV though. Not at the stadium.

Part 3-Madrid

Went into the Bernabeu! Real Madrid's stadium. Went to the highest seats in the stadium, then onto the side of the field, and the players bench. Then into the locker rooms and trophy rooms. Football players have such a good life...

Practiced for busking in the hotel. Some old Spanish ladies were listening and clapping to the songs. Well! Not bad for a first practice.

We got a three star hotel, and my room was pretty small cos it was nearest to the fire escape. Well. We got chairman a new nickname. Besides Fish and Chairman EX, his new nickname is Shinseno Sakana @ Itsuhito. Which means Fresh Fish @ Chairman in Jap. I think.

Part 4-Bus Rides

We played Bridge, Taiti, Hearts, Black Jack, Poker, Snap on the bus. Counted to 1000, asked Weird Questions, played weird games, slept, sung, and played the guitar on the bus. Thats all I guess.

Part 5-Sevilla

Went to a guitar maker's shop to see how guitars were made. Its quite an elaborate process. With lots of parts of a guitar and a lot of glue needed, its quite tough. But a high quality guitar gets you 3000 bucks if you manage to sell one. And the guitar maker has a nice website.

www.johnguitar.com

I think I came across it while I was looking for chords or something.

Part 6-Toledo

This is one awesome place. You know why? They sell swords. Katanas, Daggers, Switchblades, Knight Swords, Crossbows, Shields, Broadswords, Kodachis, Battle Axes etc etc. Cool huh. I liked it there. Haha. Most of em got katanas and switchblades. I didn't get any cos I was afraid my bros would kill each other or something like that if I brought a sword home. Haha.

Part 7-Cordoba

This is a little seaside town somewhere near Cadiz. The seaside was awesome. Getting to stare at the Atlantic Ocean is something I'd never dream of. The rock wall dividing the city and the ocean was pretty tall. Lots of birds. The smell of the salty sea air was awesome. Not to mention the breeze.

Part 8-Sierra Nevada

Well... This is the mountain resort area we visited, but we didn't see snowfall. Except lots of snow on the ground. And real snow too. Not like some Korean ski resorts that use fake snow or something. Well. The journey there started off with a snowball fight. Something like Sec1s to Sec3s versus us, the RIGEX alliance. At the end of it, only Hyqel came out of it unharmed. The rest of us were a bit wet.

Then we made a snowman. And guess what. They used my scarf and cap for the snowman. So those things were dripping wet once they were done with them. Grr. But the snowman's kinda cute. Photos will come soon I guess...

Part 9-Busking

Wow. Playing a guitar in Spain. Imagine that. In front of a crowd as well. With a news team right in front of you. Ya. You heard me right. We had 2 hotel buskings and 2 street buskings. While the hotel buskings earned us no money, there were a few Spanish tourists who listened and clapped. The street buskings gave us about 15 Euros worth of coins, as well as an interview from the local press. I'm on Spanish TV! Wow! Wow! Wow! Still can't believe it.

Part 10-RIGEX Alliance

This group is made up of the Sec4s who went for the trip, showing their passion for the guitar and shining bright for all to see. We'll miss this CCA I guess. Time to leave our mark on the CCA.

The RIGEX Alliance

Alexian
Itsuhito-ku
K-man
Soccermugger
Yachiru
Zaherf Hidorai

I guess I'll be writing this on the guitar notice board in permanent ink when I go there on the 8th to return my guitar...

More...

Don't worry, theres more to come. Pics and Some stuff you might find weird, funny or downright stupid. Stay tuned. Haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me