Skip to main content

Camp

Hey guys... Hmm... Its been like more than a week since I've updated? Sorry bout that. I've been at camp to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually for the performance at Paragon. K. More about the camp...

Pre-Camp

Tuesday and Wednesday were insanely hectic days, especially Wednesday, the day of the camp. I thank God for hvaing brought me through those days.

Stuff I did:

1. Complete Storyline for FFX until before final battle with Sin
2. Go Bowling
3. Go to collect $50 from school
4. Go Jamming for the gig on 27th
5. Pack my bags
6. Go for Piano

Hmmm... Thats all I guess. It was kinda like a mad rush for me on Wednesday, when the collection in school was at 10am, piano was at 11am, and jamming was at 1:30pm.

Bowling scores:

108, 86, 71, 92, 89, 132

Underneath the Son
Composed by Teo Guo Ren

Verse 1

All is broken, humbleness is all that's been left
Liberty for all is free
In the darkness, we used to be locked in within
But now it’s all in history

Verse 2

This is victory, He did all these things to make free
So that all could come clean
If every knee, underneath the sun would bend in
This would mean everything

Chorus

If every eye and heart be opened
Underneath the Son, would all nations triumph
Do you hear the angels singing?
Underneath the Son, beckoning you to come

Verse 3

Look at the world, caught up with the works of its own
Refuse to live and forgive
There is one thing, caught between just you and Him
This lonely thing called sin

Bridge

It's only You oh Father, who can make these things all right again
Bring Your people to this land that you’ve prepared

Camp

Well... So much has happened during the camp, including all those little things and fun stuff. I feel the Sec 1 bunch is real fun to hang out with, especially with my bros, Shaunald, Nat and Marcus providing all the entertainment. Plus JS whos a bit blur, it was real fun. Haha. Well, AMEN! The Sycamore Tree Roxs.

Practicing for all the dances has taught me one simple thing. Focus. Not only on what you do, but on the one you love as well, God. Not getting caught up in your own sense of pride and achievement, but giving everything else back to him, as the glory recieved its not yours, its Gods. And lastly not to get "distracted by the other pretty dancers on stage". (Quoted from Tim)

Some notes of encouragement to those I know in no particular order...

David & Dan

Hey man! You've been a real inspiration throughout the camp, and you've thought us a lot and given us lots of good laughs as well. Must be tough dancing in the costume (I think you know which one). Haha. Thanks for everything. Wow, Dan you're totally awesome. You're so enthusisatic about all that you do, and you're real fun as well. All the best for the performance!

Charissa

Hey!! Liverpool rocks. I think you know already, but just in case, Liverpool beat Deportivo Saprissa 3-0 and lost 1-0 to Sao Paulo in the final to claim second place. I think they did ok... But it would have been awesome if they won yeah? Wish both you and Liverpool all the best in your future endeavours. Don't worry about the acting, I think you'll do great!

Melvin

Hey man, its been fun talking to you, well, for both us quiet and cool guys, I guess its been an awesome time. Lets continue to learn how to talk more. Thanks for the hard work you've put into helping out!!!

Amanda C.

Hmm... Heard about your appeal, and hope thats going well. May God show us his work in your life and provide you with the school you desire, but at the same time, may he let his will for you be done. You're an awesome dancer, nobody can disagree with that and may the school you're appealing for see that. All the best for the 23rd and 25th!

Sarah

Hey! You've been a real fun assistant leader and a great dance partner. Hear how you protected Juan from Tim, and you asked the Sec 1 guys for help. What an awesome sense of righteousness. Lets continue to focus on God as well as pray for everyone! I'll be praying for your results...

Mel

Hey!!! Thanks for always talking to me through MSN as well as messages... Each message you send me makes me real glad that I have such an awesome friend who cares so much about me. Well, thanks for being my closest childhood friend! Really appreciate it! =) I'm real touched be everything you've done for me.

Shu

Well... Congrats for getting what school you wanted! Hmm... Saw the post on your BLOG, and I think that all that you've said makes an awesome lot of sense. That post was a huge inspiration to me and I believe to those who read it as well. Lets continue to talk about God's awesome power! Amen.

Juan

Happy birthday! Wow. Finally 18 eh? Wonder what I'll be like when I'm 18... Anyways, you're doing an awesome job in the skit. The newscaster role is seriously not easy. And thanks for serving in the cworship ministry if all your heart, all your mind, and all your soul. Thanks!

Rach

Hey hey!! Saw the message you wrote on my paper. Thanks for that! Well, I can definitely say you're an awesome awesome dancer and an inspiration to everyone. Well... Looking forward to seeing you in RJ, and I believe the Lord will continue to provide for you through your studies and school life! I'll be praying for your aunt too! Yups!

Jon & Paul

This is a Rastafarious Amorphilus Nostradamic Delentatious Ostentatious Moo message. Otherwise know as a RANDOM message. Haha. Seriously, your script rocks! Good job! You both have been working so hard on everything, and being directors is not easy... You guys rock!

Ernest

Good acting! Your lines were awesome. Your memory must be real real real good. Thanks for talking to me and telling me about your skit training. You'll be in Malaysia on the 25th right? We'll miss you and your acting! You rock!

Not forgetting all the leaders! You guys are the ones that have been pulling us through this entire experience, and I guess you guys must be really tired after all that. Well, have a good rest and with your leadership, bring us to the promised land!

I've learnt to encourage and give thanks for my friends, no matter what circumstances I'm in, or they're in. I wanna help them with their spiritual journeys and I wanna be there for them no matter what happens. Cos they're such awesome people, and although we might be smaller than any other church, our trust, faith and perseverence in the spirit is not any less. Lets go guys! Rock on for God! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me