Skip to main content

Kekkai

Well, I've finished with Saiyuki, and the next anime that I'll be catching is one called Kekkaishi. An anime with a rather interesting concept of defeating demons using barriers to catch them. The fight scenes are pretty good imo. Well here's a pic. The main character has responsibility thrust on him, because of a mark on the palm of his hand, by night he defends the school from evil spirits and by day he trains, sleeps in class and tries to make delicious pastries for the girl he likes who is also a Kekkaishi.

Here's a pic:


But besides that I was thinking about barriers between people, and the discrimination that occurs between people. Constant themes that I've been seeing since the ending of the semester. With the movie about stereotyping of Japanese Koreans in Japanese studies class, with this whole thing about politics, and also the issues about foreign talents in Singapore. Also, the fishmen vs human thing in One Piece, the differences between shinobi countries in Naruto... All these have led me to think...

Like Sugihara (the main charcter in the film that I watched) inferred... The only thing different between the essence of two groups of people are merely imagined differences, and I too believe that. If only everyone is able to break those imaginary barriers surrounding themselves and reach out to others, the world would be a whole lot more wonderful.

And I've been thinking about what we've been doing in YE about Romans and about judgement. Us humans tend to always judge others, especially groups of people that we don't understand fully. But in truth only God is the true judge, and the stereotypes that we form can be totally untrue or mere generalizations based on our own biases and negative emotions. That is the flaw of human judgement.

Well this I can say, that I'm still working on it, if I see someone rushing to catch the mrt, cutting the queue of others in front of him/her, I'd immediately label the person as an inconsiderate prick. But at the same time, I'll not shy away from those of different nationalities, personalities and upbringing, and consider everyone my friends, because they are just like me in essence: a person in need of God's grace. That is the commitment and choice that I've made: to call all people brothers and sisters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me