Skip to main content

MBS

Alright its time to catch up with posting... But before that, NANA is finished, and I'm now moving on to History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.

Time to talk about Marina Bay Sands. Some of you guys may have already been there, but for the benefit of those who haven't, here goes! Going to Marina Bay Sands was quite an excitement, because just a week before we went was the broadcast of the very last episode of the Amazing Race Asia, which featured Singapore as the final leg, and Marina Bay Sands as the last pit stop. That certainly piqued my interest, and going there was a gigantic eye opener.

In fact, once we entered the hotel, to our right stood the winners of the Amazing Race Asia with their ginormous cheque for the prize money: Richard and Richard, who were about to leave in a cab. At this moment I think Hannah would have started screaming like a zealous fan girl heh. Ethan from the Ethan and Khairie pairing was there too.

Besides that, the architecture is exceptionally stunning... Gigantic planters containing trees, the intricate spider web like sculpture above us, the extremely high ceiling giving us a look at all the guest rooms above. Whilst we were exploring the place Darren was going: "Next time when I own this place there'll be no China restaurants and my name will be carved on this and that and this." Even the Caution Wet Floor Sign was super atas, it wasn't made of plastic like other places, but instead of wood.

The lifts move insanely fast. So fast that my ears got blocked from the speed in the same way it would get blocked if you were in a plane. We must have shot up to our floor (60 something? Can't remember) in just mere seconds. The view from the room was amazing. We could see the whole Marina Bay area and all its buoys, the floating platform, the durians and the Singapore flyer. It was so beautiful. The room was the best I'd ever seen in my life. Clearly extravagant. The only drawback: no lock on the toilet door.

This whole experience was also the first time I'd come across a valet service... When leaving the hotel for dinner we got the valet to drive our car out of the carpark for us. Luxury! We then went to Lau Pa Sat for dinner and then returned to the hotel to view the night scenery on the roof.

Breathtaking. The only word that could possibly describe it. A live band on the roof, a beautiful view, and a great night breeze, what else could you ask for to have a relaxing evening? We stood at the exact spot that the final pit stop was on just for the feel of it. We moved on from the viewing platforms to the pool, which served as the area for the memory task for the race.

The pool just seemed to end over a cliff, which looked pretty dangerous, but was extremely unique. The way the water joined into the skyline was special, and made it such a tranquil place. If only there were less people there. >.< From nearby the smell of melted chocolate from the nearby chocolate bar (Really! There was a bar just for chocolate, no not that edible kind of bar silly), mixed with the smell of kerosene from a fire juggling performance filled our noses. The deck chairs were immersed in the pool, which was another amazing thing, so that swimmers could enjoy lazing around even in the water.

So that concluded our tour of MBS. It was certainly luxurious, but not the kind of lifestyle I'd like to lead. Experiencing it just once in a lifetime is fine with me. =)

Apologies for no pics... My phone takes extremely lousy quality ones. I promise there'll be some for the chalet and Taiwan posts! =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me