Skip to main content

Shoutout!

Well, SERVE has finished on a high note, and I must say that I've made friendships that I believe will last a lifetime. The thing about being a Christian is that God sends you to places for a reason, and I believe there was a great reason why I was at SERVE, not only for my own sake, to learn wonderful things, but also for the sake of others, to bless them and help them along in their walk with God.

Not sure if they'll read this, but I'll give a shoutout to each of them anyways.

Amos!
My fellow COGS friend. I'm really glad that through this journey through SERVE helped you overcome your problems in your relationship with God, and to remove the addiction you had with computer games. I've been immensely encouraged by your walk, and your heart to want to change for the better for God. You never fail to make me smile when I feel tired, and your enthusiasm rubs off on me even through my weakest moments. I pray that God continues to change you for the better, and that your service for Him will show how real He is in your life.

Anthony!
A prime example of how true service for others and God should be like. Not expecting anything in return, giving your all in the little things, that's how you encouraged me, and that is something I'm still learning to emulate. I pray that God will keep your walk with Him steady, and that you may dwell in the basics of the Christian faith, continuing to read the bible, pray, serve and reach out to your friends in a godly way, and to do it continuously, with discipline. Your laughter is really contagious, and your random outbursts, and sporting behaviour makes my day every single time I come to SERVE.

Derrick!
You were truly a source of affirmation throughout my SERVE journey. Though I felt I was inadequate and didn't have the correct skills to be a leader, you taught me something that I'd never realized before, that God created me in a wonderful and special way, and put me in those situations in the past for a reason, and that just being myself would be a wonderful testimony to those around me, and I'd be a great leader because of my heart. I really thank God for you, and I pray that you'll be used mightily whilst in Australia. Don't let your heart for us hold you back from the wonderful things God has called you to be in the future! Do your best for God, and continue to be a source of encouragement for those around you.

Isabel!
One thing I really thank God about you is your openness to me, to share what truly is in your heart with me. There are countless times that I've been encouraged after listening to you, and me being able to help you in your walk with God is one the most humbling things that I've experienced throughout the SERVE journey. I thank God for your willingness to serve in the areas of worship, and I can see that this willingness to worship God in everything you do translates into your daily life. Your voice and your heart for service are amazing things that God have given to you, and I pray that you continue to use them the rest of your life.

Jia Yin!
I really really thank God for your support in leading Elpis. God has really created you special and given you ideas that help the people around you. I pray that as you continue about your Christian life with God, that he will give you experiences that will translate your head knowledge into heart knowledge, and may you get to know Him intimately in ways that you never have before. Also I want to thank you for sharing your struggles with me, and I'm very encouraged by the way that you interact with your fellow peers in your church and also with the people of Elpis, showing genuine concern for others above your own interests. On a side note, I've always been amused by the way you sneeze. And I think thats one of the little things I'll miss dearly.

Marcus!
My fellow 21er. You've been a pillar of support for me, and all the times we went back home together were wonderful moments of fellowship, and as I poured out my concerns for certain things, you'd always lend a listening ear. I was immensely glad when I knew how your walk with God had improved through SERVE. I pray that though you're now in Australia, that God will continue to be real and new to you each and every day. Also, that you'll be able to be a great testimony to those around you even in a new environment. Don't miss us ok, no matter where we are in the world, God connects each one of us by being in us through the holy spirit. All the best, my dear friend.

Peiwei!
You're one of the most tolerant people I know. Despite your strong personality, you are able to have such a strong self-control, and understand yourself because of your great relationship with God. I have no doubt that you'll be a great leader in your own church, because you are rooted in Christ, and have had experiences and trials that make you stronger. I pray that God continues to use you wherever you are, and that you will learn more to lead the same way Jesus did, by laying His all on the cross, washing His disciples feet and not holding anything back from them in his love for them. No matter what your future will be, trust in God always and may He be your help in times of need.

Timothy!
My fellow DYB camp member, I must say that even after the camp I didn't know much about you, but I thank God for the experiences I've had with you in Elpis. You really let me into your life in an intimate way, sharing your possessions and experiences with me. I pray that God continues to hone your skills in guitaring, and may you serve God with those amazing skills that God has given you. I thank God for putting you in Elpis, as you are one of my major sources of inspiration in the way you go about things. I know that you are one of the persons that I've grown very very close to over the course of the weeks in SERVE, and I thank God for our relationship. Looking forward to visiting your church in time to come!

There you go, hope it encourages you. And I hope everyone out there will have similar relationships with the Christians in their lives, as they can be the support you need to tide through every day when God works through them. God bless! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.