Skip to main content

Kagayaku

And so its over... Driving test that is!

The amazing thing about it all is how everything fell into place so nicely. I guess putting it in point form would make it easier to see.

1. We were scheduled for testing in the afternoon (its easier at that time compared to morning because of the traffic)

2. My instructor finally praised me and encouraged me to pass when I went for my warm-up before lunch. He said he took extra care of me cos he knew I had the heart to learn, learnt fast, and was humble enough to accept his teaching.

3. Only 5 out of 15 of us were allowed to take the test, and people were chosen randomly. It so happened that I was chosen. At that time I knew I was definitely going to pass, as I could see everything fall into place.

4. There were 3 testers, and the order of people going for the test determined which tester you went to. In the end I got the best (lenient) tester!

5. While driving traffic was surprisingly heavy, but it seemed that my senses were at their peaks for the test duration, as a result was able to spot all the possible hazards and avoid them.

6. The test route was insanely difficult, going through Eunos, then Ubi. Places with a lot a lot of industrial vehicles, inconsiderate drivers and pedestrians. Thank God that no difficult situations arose despite the route.

So many things to give thanks for, if all these pieces didn't fit together so nicely I think I wouldn't have passed. When I look at it I know that God was definitely in control of the entire situation.

Well, its taking some time to sink in but.......... I CAN STAY OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEE!
At least until I go back to 8 SIG.

***

The NUS letter, the same one as last year came a couple of days back. And theres only one thing I wanna say: Whatever.

One thing is that the pain of last year is still on my mind. Another thing is that I have more important duties to attend to. The last thing is that my impression of the med course in Singapore has gone from bad to worse, mostly thanks to things I hear from a friend in the course about back-stabbing and dishonesty and whatnot. Tsk.

I'll give some thought to it. Later. Maybe.

***

Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome are pretty good series of anime. Not only in terms of the action, character development and plot development, but also it brings up a couple of really interesting issues about love and friendship.

Would you actively destroy the person your friend loves the most in order to save your significant other? Would you, for the sake of your dreams, give up on the one you love the most? Would you go against your friend to uphold your master's honour and protect his life? Would you stop loving some one just because you are afraid of losing him/her to the circumstances around you? Would you forgive your friend if he/she were the one who caused you to lose the one you love?

Dilemmas like this are what make anime so real to some people out there... They've had to think through these things before. And thats what I like about anime as well. Something that is so out of this world can still be so relevant some times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!