Skip to main content

Aussie Salute!

Ok I'm back from Pulau Ubin, and I think all those who attended can say that it was a really great experience not only fun wise but also spiritually. Happenings around the camp will be covered in the next post!

***

For now... Aussie time!

Day 0 ~ At the airport...


Woot how exciting! Airbus 380. Here we go...

Day 1 ~ Sydney...

At the airport, taking a look at the surroundings, and checking out the temperature. Oddly, it was cold. Although right now Australia is supposed to be going through summer.


Hopped on the bus... Time for a city tour! Onto our first destination, MacQuaries Point.


This is where the wife of one of the leaders of Australia sat a long time ago. Ok I admit I wasn't paying attention to the tour guide. Its a place overlooking the river and the city.



Sydney Opera house. A pretty magnificent sight. Its getting old, but its splendor beats the Esplanade any day.


Bridge! I remember in one of the Amazing Races a road block was supposed to be there or something like that.


The city viewed from near the Sydney Opera house. Really magnificent architecture. The river is pretty wide, unlike the Singapore River.


Lunch time! At a nearby seafood place. I seriously haven't tasted better lobster than the ones they sold. But the tempura and fish in Singapore are better.


On to the wildlife in Australia. Here are a pair of ducks.


A crocodile. Kinda reminds me of Steve Irwin.


A seal. Took the pic from the underwater observatory thingy.


A pair of Kangaroos sleeping.


Cassowary. Something like an emu but more colourful.


With the day done it was time to return to the hotel. After a 3 hour journey we ended up in Port Stevens, and at a seaside resort. Time to watch Simpsons!


Sleepy boy.
Day 2 ~ Port Stevens


Early in the morning after breakfast we went to take a look a the sea. Pretty cold then.


Birds eating food. First time I've seen so many of these kinds of birds together.


So after all the other people arrived we made our way to the nearby sand dunes... Getting ready for...


Sand surfing! Look at the height of the sand dune. Thats the height from which we went down from. Exciting, yes?


To mark my achievement of going down a total of 6 times, heres my name.

So after that we went to see dolphins on a boat. But didn't get to see any. Only about 3 or 4 at a distance. And I was so looking forward to touch at least one.


Dinner! At some fancy housing resort place. Theres a stretch of pool surrounding every single house. Is that cool or what. Reminds me of the Sims.
Day 3


Visited a wine factory. Old fashioned wine press thats rarely used nowadays.


Sour grapes. Really. Although I didn't eat them.


This is no ordinary bucket. Its a wine spit bucket. Yeah what a waste of money.


Next stop: a beautiful park full of themed gardens. This here is the rose garden which the designer dedicated to his grandmother. Sweet.


Nah this is a fake pic I took from a sign along the way. Just in case you thought it was real.


Storybook garden. Reliving the old days of nursery rhymes.

The witches house from Hansel and Gretel. Its actually a toilet.


Hmm which nursery rhyme did this one come from? Oh yeah its the cat and the fiddle and the cow jumped over the moon one.


Next stop: cheese factory. Some have really funny tastes. The tour guide absolutely hates cheese.
Day 4

Time to go shopping!


A keychain I bought. An echidna. I call it Knuckles. Ok I know I've got no creativity.


Went to the nearby shopping mall and we ended up in the arcade while our parents shopped. Spent quite a bit of money in this addictive game.


Ok to end this off... This pic is to show you all that we remember you guys that were back in Singapore. Honestly we kept seeing some names of everyone all over the place. Heres one example.

Yup so the trip was fun!

And I've gotta thank God, cos if I hadn't passed NAPFA with His strength, I'd have no peace of mind during the trip.
Next post: KNOW HIM MORE! Go KoKs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me