Skip to main content

We're Getting Stronger Everyday!

Whee I've decided that A levels are officially over for me. Cos all that remains is H3 Bio, which is theoretically inconsequential. So today was the last day of As, and at the end of the exam a gigantic bubble of emotion rose up from within me. Couldn't help but praise the Lord for everything He's been doing, especially for keeping morale up throughout, and showing me His awesome presence each day.

I love You from the depths of my heart
And nothing here will tear us apart
Everything's beautiful with You
Everything's beautiful with You
When You invade my life
And I'm living just to say that
I love You

This song was ringing through my head today. "Stronger" by Delirious.

***

NS

Well an update on my NAPFA preps. I've made it to 8 pull ups, and everything else is looking pretty good. (Woot I've got nice abs now) The only concern is still sit and reach, and it seems stupid that I may fail just because of a station that isn't even included in the actual IPPT.

Yup but I've got 2 more tries if I don't make it on the 28th. So I'm not too worried. For now.

***

Leisure

For some odd reason I've finished the entire anime series of One Piece till the latest episode. And I'm halfway through Full Metal Alchemist. All during the exam period. That makes it a total of 330 + 25 + newest naruto and bleach episodes. How did that happen? Beats me.

Darren discovered a new anime that we're watching which is based on a computer game of sorts. Its name is Clannad, and its pretty good in terms of entertainment. If you look at his subnick online it'll say something about dango, which is a Japanese sweet snack, and it plays quite a large role in the ending song.

Dango, dango, dango, dango
Dango Daikazoku!

Erps. Ok the storyline revolves around two main characters from the computer game, Tomoya and Nagisa, and the happenings in their school. Well Tomoya and his friend Sunohara are the slackers/delinquents of the school, and their lives start to change when Tomoya befriends Nagisa one day (randomly) and tries to help her resurrect the school's drama club.

A lot of things in the anime are pretty random, and there are a couple of very LOL! moments. If you like Bishoujo/Bishounen comedies you'll like this one.

***

Ok finally plans for this week!
Thurs: Eden-Sol dinner!
Sat: First SYC meeting! ~ Notice the new tag/labels...
Mon: H3 Bio
Wed: NAPFA

I'm only accepting more outings after Wed. Yups congratulations to all who've finished As! Well done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me