Skip to main content

Mooncake Festival

Its been quite some time since I attended an official mooncake festival procession. Back in the old days lanterns used to seem so appealing. But now, mooncake festival takes on a whole new meaning now that I'm seventeen.

Friday after jamming I went down to the CAP at block 48 near my church to go see how the church people and those in the neighbourhood were mingling. It was pretty ok, lively, noisy, entertaining and such. Spent some time talking with the old folks with my mom and dad. Besides that I didn't really do much except eat lots and lots of mooncakes and drink lots of tea haha.

Heres a pic of the place.


There were Guzheng performances, movie screenings and photo taking sessions going on. Took one photo with the rest of YE, and ugh when will I ever become photogenic hahaha. I think my eyes were closed in the picture. And I was in the front row some more.

Mooncake Festival for me was more of a time to look at nature around me and enjoy it just at it was. Looking at the moon made me... Calm? Even with all the busy stuff around it just reminded me of God's presence and his guidance. Nothing else mattered besides that. Its quite amazing the way a chinese festival can remind you of your own belief.

It was a wonderful night, can't deny that. Sitting at the patio and later on my bed looking at the moon was pretty awesome.

***

Lets play a little game shall we? Try guessing what songs these lyrics are from. I'll tell you why we're doing this later. =P

"When you want to give up and your heart's about to break, remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes." ~???, Bon Jovi

"I was so high I did not recognize the fire burning in her eyes; the chaos that controlled my mind." ~???, ???

"Every memory of looking out the back door, I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor; its hard to say it, time to say it: goodbye, goodbye." ~??? Nickelback

"But open our hearts and fill up the emptiness, with nothing to stop us, is it not worth the risk?" ~???, The Calling

"When I sleep, I dream and it gets me by; I can make believe that you're here tonight." ~???, Yellowcard

"Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open, maybe we're bent and broken." ~???, ???

"When everything feels like the movies; yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive." ~???, Goo Goo Dolls

"Someone told me love would all save us, but how can that be? Look what love gave us." ~???, ???

"Go easy on my conscience, cos it's not my fault; I know I've been taught to take the blame." ~???, Robbie Williams

Try filling in the blanks and question marks! K so what do these songs have to do with anything? Well... Some of them will be played during my band's (Eden-Sol's) evangelistic gig open to all RJC students!

Eden-Sol @ the 3rd Place

Date: 23rd Oct

Time: Be seated by 7:30

Venue: Third Place, Outram

Drinks and Snacks provided.

How do I get an invitation? Easy... Just approach any Eden-Sol member and request for one. Christians attending, do try and bring a friend down and let them hear the good news!

(Alternatively... Non RJC students as well as anyone interested can come down to Ben & Jerry's at the Cathay on 16th Oct, Tuesday for a gig by Eden-Sol. Please support us and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. This isn't confirmed, so more details will be posted here.)

***

K those interested can tag the board. Well I've finally got a shaver! Facial hair bye bye... (Does not include eyebrows though duh) K thats all the random stuff I have for you guys for now. Look out for the long awaited ch 1 of the story. (If I get to it that is hahaha)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me