Skip to main content

Drainage

Today's Open House was ok I guess. A bit pointless for me, but yup it was alright. Reached school at 1 to man the Raffles Rock booth, then manned the Guitar booth from 2 to 3. I handled curious people pretty well, a few of them asked about guitar, rock and jazz so I just told them whatever I knew.

The time at the rock booth was pretty well spent, since there was a guitar there. Spent some time practising, played Chasing Cars and Just The Girl just for fun. The problem was that one of the strings on the guitar had snapped so pretty soon the novelty wore off. The good thing was that it drew some people, the bad thing was that the drums at the neigbouring booth totally drowned us out when they started playing.


Raffles Rock's booth. Uncompleted...

Raffles Rock. Duh.

At the guitar booth it wasn't as pleasant. Almost no one turned up, although there were a few curious people who passed by in ones or twos. With a slide show on a laptop, a few picks and a classical guitar there was not much we could do to draw people in. So Ling Ting, BenT and I spent most of our time waiting for our alloted time to finish.

The guitar booth! Nice design IMO.

That was my Open House experience. To tell the truth I had better things to do (more about that later) and felt I wasted my time. But I think the counsellors handled it pretty well, and the befrienders did a good job as well.

Thats all for Open House.

***

When I look at my schedule I pretty much wanna strangle myself for getting involved too much. I think if you were me you'd strangle yourself too. Heres a to do list for you guys to look at:

1. Piano
- Theory Homework
- Practise
2. Guitar
- SYF Meeting
- Composition Comm
3. Academics
- PW Script
- Bio H3 Test
- Bio Tut
- Chem SPA
4. Eden-Sol
- B&J's Performance
- Evan Concert
- Invitation List
- Evangelistic Comm
- Learn songs
- Jamming
5. YE Camp Comm
- Worship Logs
- Worship Schedule
- $$$ Budget
6. Extras (For Funs)
- FF9
- FF6
- Megaman X7
- Megaman X8 (I'm almost done with this one)
- Megaman X ~ Command Mission
- Shin Megami Tensei
- Blogging
- Lend Shane FF7

I believe lots of people are as busy as I am. They probably feel really down, out and tired. If you are feeling this way (just like I am), I've got some pretty good advice. Especially if you're one of those helping in the Evan Concert as well. Our main concern is your welfare... Please let us know if you're getting too stressed. Cos I'm starting to get worried for everyone, not only Eden-Sol, but for our awesome helpers.

Isaiah 40:30-31

"Even youths grow tired and and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

This encouraged me, and I hope it'll do the same for you guys. Our hope in the Lord will be enough to see us through. Just trust and it'll be just fine. Anyone who's feeling discouraged, don't be afraid to voice it out in fear of letting anyone down. I say again, your welfare is of utmost importance, and we're worried for you guys. With all your other commitments, it may be tough to handle.

When everybody's in and you're left out

And you feel like drowning in a shadow of a doubt

Everyone's a miracle in their own way

Just listen to yourself not what other people say...

***

K time for something random as always.

Can anyone guess what the purpose of this smily right beside my bed?

Cute huh? Theres some other use besides decoration haha. Try to think what its used for. Clue: Theres a large body of water near my house. And on days where theres no wind (especially after rain), something happens... Which leads to the need for this thing.

Sounds confusing? Ask me for the answer. Sounds random? Yeah it was meant to be that way.

***

Oh about my story... I'm postponing writing it to after the evangelistic concert announced earlier. I know I'm breaking a promise, and it suddenly occured to me that I've broken too many promises made to you guys ever since this blog started. So accept my sincere apologies again.

Oi... A reminder. Those who want to come see Eden-Sol perform on the 23rd, please let me know ASAP. Tag the board, ask me online or face to face. Yup thats all for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come.