Skip to main content

Pics!

This post will be a bit more special! Cos... I've got pics! Time to give you guys some sorta tour around my house. =) Cos most of you guys have never seen it before. My house is tucked away somewhere in Bukit Batok, somewhere near Bukit Gombak MRT. Pics!



This should be quite obvious...

This one too...

Dining table! Where we eat. Duh.

My dear piano. No prizes for guessing what time I took the photo.

This is across from my comp... So if I'm online but not responding, I'm probably here.


My desk. Messy right? Someone help?

Hey guys... Meet Rusty.

Well thats all of my house I'll show you guys. Maybe more next time!

***

Jamming on saturday was kinda good. We learnt three new songs. Heres what they are..

Made Me Glad - Hillsongs
All Bow Down - Chris Tomlin
Take It All - Hillsongs

Not forgetting the one we did for worship on Sunday:

Complete - Parachute Band

The songs were something new for me. For Make Me Glad and Complete the bassist takes a backseat and provides the transition chords, as well as the basic groove. For All Bow Down and Take It All, the bassist does that, plus counter melody as well. Instead he takes a leading role in those songs. So that was pretty cool. Had to play some awesome riffs. So it was a good, fun time of jamming!

***

On Sunday it was my mom's birthday. We planned to surprise her with a nice cake, so me and Daryl ended up going off to church early, stopping by the Prima Deli at JEC to get a nice fruit cake. My mom likes cheese cake more though, but couldn't find any.

After YE we went to collect the cake... And we surprised her at our grandparent's house! Heres a pic of the cake.


Simple, but its the thought that counts ultimately. So... My mom was kinda happy. Although she grumbled a little about no cheese cake, how we shouldn't have spent the money more wisely; I think it was a good small token on our part to thank her for the 15++ years she's been taking care of us. Happy birthday mom.

Strangely enough one of the shows on MTV that I happened to watch was called "My Sweet 16". Its about rich girls throwing huge parties, and inviting lots of people, and being "the most popular", the in person in the school etc etc. That disgusts me. Birthdays aren't just about me, me, me, me, me or even me. They're about acknowledging the people who have made you what you are, moulded you all your life. And its a time to thank them. So friends, thanks for making me who I am! Love you guys. =)

***

Managed to talk with Mr Wong (my Civics Tutor) on MSN last night. What started off as a convo between, me, qq and sherine discussing outing on national day's eve turned into a 12am chemistry consultation.

Before we added Mr Wong we were talking about Prometheum Day and the legend behind it, about feedback for guitar pracs and what not. Suddenly I brought Mr Wong up, and the girls were pretty excited to meet him online. So I added him ahaha.

One thing I pretty much learnt from Mr Wong besides how to improve your chem was how to like... Uh how do I put it... Suan girls? Calling Sherine Ladida, using qq's initials at random to name two examples. Haha. But got to see Mr Wong's fun side. During classes he's always kinda serious cos studies are important and all that stuff. We talked about religion, future aspirations, blogging that sort of thing. So it was a pretty good talk.

Besides that we talked about chem... And I realised that I've learnt something extra from Mr Wong as compared to other chem teachers. How to treat each question as a logic puzzle and solve it using patterns, sequences and what not. I realised that I do actually understand what he's saying. And I see the link between maths and chem now. Its not all that different actually. Use a method/procedure derive conclusions and use conclusions to find answers. Sounds easy, but actually its not.

Theres more to life than $$$, but of course you can't survive without it. Thus you have to have a balance. Being altruistic, yet being pragmatic at the same time is good. Thus teaching is good. A job like investment banking will give you lots of $$$ but won't derive any spiritual or emotional satisfaction. Teaching is a good balance of both. So I hope Mr Wong will continue teaching for the sake of the students and to maintain a balance between physical $$$ and spiritual/emotional $$$.

Religion... Some say its like morphine. Whenever you hurt, you go to church, are told that its God's will, and God will make it better blah blah. And you feel better. IMO, thats not the right way to go about believing, though many Christians do that, and its a popular sentiment. God told us that we have to suffer for our belief, and its through suffering and gaining the emotional strength where we can show how awesome our God is. Accepting angst and emotional distress, recovering and using the experience to teach others to love God, I feel, is the true essence of a Christian.

Those were sort of my more elaborated arguments during the lengthy talk Mr Wong, qq, Sherine and I had.

If you're confused... Go to the next portion. Its more pics. =)

***

National Day celebrations! It was sorta like this performance in the canteen kind of thing. Each class was supposed to bring breakfast and we were supposed to eat while listening to the bands playing. Those who played included KaiYang's band, EIC (teacher's band).


07S03H - some bomb class. wonder who's in this class.


Chris, Ben Low, Plan, Ben Zheng - From left to right. And yeah I know its kinda dark. Paiseh...


Mr Wong looking absolutely horrified. I didn't do anything though (probably Azrin, cos he took this pic ahaha). Thats Nazi, Yeeying and Tabby in the distance.


Leonard... With his wanna fight (with gai qi) face =P


Kaiyang's band... He such an awesome guitarist + vocalist.


Malcolm (on right) trying to overthrow the King of CChess - Samuel (on left)


Its Lawry! But whose fingers are those? Anyone wanna guess?

Thats all I guess. Till next time!

From a very happy Benlow with a trigger happy camera finger! =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time! 

Vox Humana

497th post. Its been a rather pleasant weekend, filled with Gihon and worship stuff. Really enjoyed myself baking with Gihon. Wished we could've taken a vid of everyone for Youth Day... Probably will have to meet them one day to film them haha. Probably will organise a homework doing session for them to complete everything before the hols end. Well Father's Day celebrations today went quite well... Only had a couple of hours to practise for the hoedown, and practise for the worship went comparatively better than the prac during camp. It was my first time playing piano/organ/keys/trumpets/vox for worship, and I'm glad it went ok, and I did it with God. Driving test is on friday... Not too worried about it, and also have no prob with failing it actually. Taking it easy, but hoping for good news. I guess its the peace that transcends all understanding thats taking over. And the most important thing for me for this test is not whether I pass or fail, but whether God was with me