Skip to main content

Zzz...

Boring days... When your life kinda seems the same each and everyday. Same routine on days without outings... But I guess its kinda good... At least I have some time for reflection and deep thinking besides the usual qt, piano practice, mugging, sleeping, eating, being online and other stuff like that.

But thats not to say I'm not having fun... Friday, I made a trip to Sam's house to go collect the homework/worksheets that were given out on the previous Thursday and Friday when I didn't go for school. Actually there wasn't much... Except for revision exercises and announcements and answers to questions.

Spent some time playing yu-gi-oh cards with Sam, helping him test out his decks, then playing Fifa 2005 and a bit of Halo. The Fifa controls took a bit of getting used to, cos it was kinda different from the controls I have to use for Winning Eleven. The shoot and long shot buttons were swapped. Halo was ok... Sam let me win lah. No doubt about it.

Sam's P6 cousin came over to ask him for help for problem sums he couldn't do. And it was pretty fun watching Sam teach. Uh... I even chipped in to help solve some of them using the outdated model method haha. I feel like a maths god now. Though I guess its not much to be proud of. =P

Singapore Idol... Singaporeans sure are smart. They voted correctly, definitely. Not like Americans who could let my fellow rocker Chris get voted out. Sorry Americans. Surprisingly some of them chose well known songs as compared to the expected older songs. Like A-Train's Drops of Jupiter and Here Without You by Three Doors Down... At this stage of the competition people tend to sing safe ballads? At least thats the impression I tend to get.

Sunday... Recieved the wedding invitation to Tim and Hui Min's wedding on the 24th. Can't wait! Though I'd most probably have to skip the dinner cos of piano. BS was good... Worship was ok for me lah. Screwed up a bit. After that some of us went to the National Stadium for GDOP...

Global Day of Prayer! Singaporean churches gathered at the National Stadium to pray for Singapore as well as other countries of the world. It was a day to bring everything in our lives to prayer. The message for Singaporeans was... Matthew 6:22-24.

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good (greek translation exact meaning: singly focused), your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad (greek translation exact meaning: multiply focused), your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

For us Singaporeans it means one single thing though the passage seems quite chim. Simply put... Us Singaporeans usually pursue other things instead of God. This is kinda like a reminder that only God matters, and he should be the only one we should focus on. Not money, not degrees, not education, not our friends either. Though these things can be a part of your life, you cannot make them your main focus.

Ok... Hope all you fellow christians out there got that.

Hmm that was quite lengthy... Please read through it thoroughly though.

Coming soon in future posts:
1. Reflection
2. Prologue of Story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digimon

 I'm feeling quite nostalgic and have been thinking about my childhood a lot recently. A lot of it is because of the retreat I just had with my CG members and how having such a retreat reminded me of days that were more slower paced and more relaxed.  It makes me want to relive some of my memories. Two ways that I've thought about is soccer - I've been watching some of the World Cup matches, and it reminds me of the late nights I had watching matches when I was 15 or so and just starting this blog. About how soccermugger came to be in the first place and how I wanted this platform to post about soccer scores and how I felt about the matches I watched. The other way is to watch old anime, and I'm thinking about revisiting the first ever anime I watched which was Digimon. It was televised in Mandarin at 8am, and I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it fervently. Maybe its time to do that again.  In general I guess my inclinations are to be more at ease and

Ride On

Recently things have been going really well. I've had a leadership position in my workplace for almost one year now and it is quite amazing how God has guided throughout the way. Despite this I feel that I have achieved the balance between my work, personal life and I'm in some sort of a flow that makes me satisfied about how things are going. I'm about to transition to another stage of it, and it feels that along the way God has prepared me each and every step. There's a lot to give thanks for.  Things are really cruising along. I've always liked a good, smooth drive and life feels that way at the moment. Its been a long time along a bumpy road but finally things feel right.  Praise be to God who calms the raging seas. Praise be to God who can be counted on for the hardest difficulties in life.  Not sure when the next post be, but I think if things carry on the way they are, more good posts are to come. 

Vanguard

It’s taken a long time, but I think my heart is finally at peace. It’s been a tough journey but I am glad to say the worst of it is over. At the moment am surrounded by those who matter to me and I am doing meaningful things. Truly thankful that God has returned me to such a state.  In this season of Good Friday and Easter the word Vanguard comes to mind. Maybe it’s that season of life where God is exactly that for me, where we will be together in uncharted battlegrounds in both personal and professional life.  Not too sure when my next post will be but hope the next will be better than the last. Until next time!